Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spike Re-Read

Thanks
    Thanked 2,986 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    betta Is The Magical Mystery Tour worth reading? Is it a single issue comic or is it a paperback?
    It's in the Vol 1 of the S9 Library Edition (I think - can't check - I'm at work). Treat yourself - you know you want to).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,174 Times in 841 Posts

betta Is The Magical Mystery Tour worth reading? Is it a single issue comic or is it a paperback?
    It's an inconsequential, very cute story about Spike's day by day on the ship, trying to adapt himself to the bug culture... It was a single issue released only digitally; later was published in BtVS S9 Volume 1 Free Fall.
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

4. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    It's in the Vol 1 of the S9 Library Edition (I think - can't check - I'm at work). Treat yourself - you know you want to).
    I did When I have to declare bankruptcy I shall blame you

Your're right, it's the first issue in the S9 Library Edition.

- - - Updated - - -

The Magical Mystery Tour is short and sweet and funny. I like how Buffy is waiting for him when he lands.

Thanks

The Magical Mystery Tour is short and sweet and funny. I like how Buffy is waiting for him when he lands.
    Her loving reception... wanting to know if he'll stay... and at that point she thinks he isn't in love with her anymore. Later, when he confirms he still is, she isn't ready to commit - yet. So, he leaves. It's a long way till S10, when they will be finally in sync. But the love have been always there, it hasn't come from nowhere, as some people claim.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (13-02-18),Priceless (13-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    Her loving reception... wanting to know if he'll stay... and at that point she thinks he isn't in love with her anymore. Later, when he confirms he still is, she isn't ready to commit - yet. So, he leaves. It's a long way till S10, when they will be finally in sync. But the love have been always there, it hasn't come from nowhere, as some people claim.
    I've started a S9 re-read if you want to join in betta?

Anyone who says Spike and Buffy's love has come out of nowhere are crazy and haven't seen the same show or read the same comics as me. Buffy's loved Spike since S6, she just couldn't admit it to herself or her friends. They've just had terrible timing

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (14-02-18),GoSpuffy (13-02-18)

Thanks

Anyone who says Spike and Buffy's love has come out of nowhere are crazy and haven't seen the same show or read the same comics as me. Buffy's loved Spike since S6, she just couldn't admit it to herself or her friends. They've just had terrible timing
    Please - do NOT start me on people not having watched the same show etc. Also - I'll try for S9 (never finished to other re-reads) BUT I've just taken receipt of TPB for BtVS11 and A11 AND Season 6 Vol 2.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-02-18)

Thanks

Please - do NOT start me on people not having watched the same show etc. Also - I'll try for S9 (never finished to other re-reads) BUT I've just taken receipt of TPB for BtVS11 and A11 AND Season 6 Vol 2.
    Jump in wherever TB, you don't have to do a full re-read, I'd still love to hear what you have to say. And what is Season 6 Vol 2? Do dvd's come in volumes nowadays, I'm so out of touch I'm not getting the paperbacks for S11, I shall hold out for the library editions now you've convinced me they're the way to go

Thanks

I'll, but just with my memory... I'm not home, I'm away from my beloved books.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-02-18)

Thanks

I never got the proper (paper) comics so felt I could indulge in the TPB. I'll get the LE as well if they bring them out. I THINK I've ordered Vol 1 of the S10 LE for BTVS (doesn't come out until June).

Angel 6 is After the Fall. I'd got Vol 1 - didn't realise there was a Vol 2. Looks good - well Spike threatens to kill Angel if he alters the balance of magic so that's good in my book.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-02-18)

Thanks

I'll, but just with my memory... I'm not home, I'm away from my beloved books.
    I'm sure the re-read will go on a while so no worries, join in when you can. I love hearing everyone's views, it really helps to solidify my own feelings

- - - Updated - - -

I never got the proper (paper) comics so felt I could indulge in the TPB. I'll get the LE as well if they bring them out. I THINK I've ordered Vol 1 of the S10 LE for BTVS (doesn't come out until June).

Angel 6 is After the Fall. I'd got Vol 1 - didn't realise there was a Vol 2. Looks good - well Spike threatens to kill Angel if he alters the balance of magic so that's good in my book.
    Duh! I read 'Season 6' and assumed BtVS, I'm an idiot There are so many comics , I cannot keep track. I am sure I have read it ages ago, or maybe just heard so much about it that I think I've read it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 655 Posts

I reread S8 E1 and I have a silly question. Is Buffy already a robot? I'm not exactly sure when that happened.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,651 Times in 807 Posts

I have no idea I'm afraid. My brain fried the moment they came up with that stupid idea.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    I reread S8 E1 and I have a silly question. Is Buffy already a robot? I'm not exactly sure when that happened.
    I'm not sure myself. I think it happens at the party, she passes out and Andrew swaps her with the robot, but I'm not sure when it actually happens. I'm not even sure the exact moment is revealed in later issues.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (15-02-18)

Thanks

I THINK I've ordered Vol 1 of the S10 LE for BTVS (doesn't come out until June).
    This is GREAT (and big, because these books are huge...) NEWS: BUFFY SEASON 10 LIBRARY EDITION!

Angel 6 is After the Fall. I'd got Vol 1 - didn't realise there was a Vol 2.
    Yeah, Angel: After the Fall was relesead again as Angel: Season 6.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (15-02-18)

Thanks

Default Chapter 1 alone Together Now

Chapter 1 Alone Together Now
    Wow what a gorgeous cover - Willow looks like a proper old-school enchantress and Spike looks, well, I have no words.

Ok, I never realised how Spike's voice would fit the noir-style narration. To me it harks back to his dinner and movie quip from WML 2. Gives Marlowe and Spade a run for their money. And the artwork is mean, moody and magnificent. Like him. Very cinematic.
    Spike is even more cynical but when you've lived as long as he has and done and witnessed what he has...
    The message is that human evil is the worst and will always be there: "the problem's always in the heart."
    Laughed at his general Cirque de No Slay running commentary and reference to Buffy when all we see in panel is her fist. (She made me want to be a better man.)
    Love Beck and Betta, and Beck literally itching to take her gloves off and prove herself worthy of Spike.

She loves him- yippee! Glamorous doctor is quite right to feel the whole set up is dodgy.
    Really strange looking security at Mosaic????
    Betta summarising HellA in two sentences - hilarious.
    Ok, why isn't Dru eating this man John. Er, killing him. I meant to say.
    Had to laugh at Spike lying in the road asking for a smoke - at least he didn't call it strada.
    And Angel still pouts on rooftops! Yup, no change there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure myself. I think it happens at the party, she passes out and Andrew swaps her with the robot, but I'm not sure when it actually happens. I'm not even sure the exact moment is revealed in later issues.
    Actually for once I think I can contribute here - she feels whoozy at the party. Spike takes her to her room, but she undresses herself and he just covers her up with a blanket and comments along the lines of "What a mess you are, Slayer".
    He leaves, having behaved like a gentleman, then Andrew sneaks in and does some swopperoo. Didn't quite follow that but he makes some off-colour remark about going into Spike's fantasy land when he sees Buffy without her clothes on. Which annoyed me that everyone still thinks the worst of Spike. Does that help?
    Last edited by debbicles; 15-02-18 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Missed stuff
    You know what I am. You've always known. You come to me all the same.

"There's a lot of comedy to be gotten from the world's doom spiral right now." Tracey Ullman, June 2018

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debbicles For This Useful Post:

betta (15-02-18),GoSpuffy (15-02-18),Priceless (15-02-18),Silver1 (15-02-18)

Thanks

Actually for once I think I can contribute here - she feels whoozy at the party. Spike takes her to her room, but she undresses herself and he just covers her up with a blanket and comments along the lines of "What a mess you are, Slayer".
    He leaves, having behaved like a gentleman, then Andrew sneaks in and does some swopperoo. Didn't quite follow that but he makes some off-colour remark about going into Spike's fantasy land when he sees Buffy without her clothes on. Which annoyed me that everyone still thinks the worst of Spike. Does that help?
    That does help, thanks debbicles. But is that before or after she's come onto Riley and Xander? Or after? Or didn't that happen at all and is it just memories Andrew planted?

Thanks

That does help, thanks debbicles. But is that before or after she's come onto Riley and Xander? Or after? Or didn't that happen at all and is it just memories Andrew planted?
    I think it's after... because she passes out, Andrew does his thing, and Buffy only wakes up in the morning, all confused. And I don't think Andrew messed with Buffy's memory - aside the roofied drink he has given her, of course. That might have made her behave like she did.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (15-02-18),Priceless (15-02-18)

Thanks

I think it's after... because she passes out, Andrew does his thing, and Buffy only wakes up in the morning, all confused. And I don't think Andrew messed with Buffy's memory - aside the roofied drink he has given her, of course. That might have made her behave like she did.
    I blame the roofie for Buffy's behaviour because she cannot come onto Xander again, not after doing it last year and being knocked back then.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (15-02-18),GoSpuffy (15-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbicles View Post

He leaves, having behaved like a gentleman, then Andrew sneaks in and does some swopperoo. Didn't quite follow that but he makes some off-colour remark about going into Spike's fantasy land when he sees Buffy without her clothes on. Which annoyed me that everyone still thinks the worst of Spike.
    I didn't read the book at the time it was released, but I read old posts everywhere with people pointing fingers to Spike and saying that he "has raped Buffy again!" among the guesses about who could be the father's baby. What a disappointment these panels were for them!

- - - Updated - - -

I blame the roofie for Buffy's behaviour because she cannot come onto Xander again, not after doing it last year and being knocked back then.
    She was behaving beyond drunk... although Buffy may be a little weak for alcohol, because we have never seen her drink (aside the beer episode). I remember Willow (and Lake) drinking wine - but the writers have never dared to put a glass of wine in Buffy's hand, which I think it's ridiculous; it's about time.
    Last edited by betta; 15-02-18 at 06:29 PM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

debbicles (15-02-18),Priceless (15-02-18)

Thanks

She was behaving beyond drunk... although Buffy may be a little weak for alcohol, because we have never seen her drink (aside the beer episode). I remember Willow (and Lake) drinking wine - but the writers have never dared to put a glass of wine in Buffy's hand, which I think it's ridiculous; it's about time.
    Lol, yes Buffy has never been good at holding her drink. In Season 6 she went drinking with Spike and suffered for it. She even grabbed that bottle of whiskey from the bar tender and gave up on using a glass altogether

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (15-02-18)