Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Banner Fanart Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 11,163 Times in 4,566 Posts

I'm never sure what people mean by the term meme, what does it mean in this context?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 353 Posts

From a user who is used to memes. It's basically a set of questions whom you would answer in a creative way for example what I did for the 20th-anniversary challenge. {here}
    "So my main inspiration was formed from the Tumblr community "meme" I think it's called. But anyway all you have to do is answer the rhetorical questions by any form of art which suits you and your style. So I would create a list of questions for you, for example, "Which is your fav character?" so, then you would create an art piece based on your personal preference on who you think is your fav character. Then when you are finished, you repeat it with a different question keeping going down the list answering it with your creativity within fanart. By posting each of your entries separate."
    I hope that makes sense. I'm going to create a thread soonish.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (13-07-18),Stoney (13-07-18)

Library Researcher Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, I would call those "prompts", though perhaps that's a word used more often in the context of fic writing. Anyway, it's clear now. (I had been wondering too.) Thanks for the explanation, buffylover.

I am definitely a person who works best with prompts/memes, themes, challenges and deadlines. That's why most of my work is done for community events like Seasonal Spuffy over at LJ. So your thread is welcome. Summertime is also good for finally doing something other than work, so I have good hopes of being able to participate if you start one soon.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-07-18),Stoney (13-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,163 Times in 4,566 Posts

Me too, I used to join in the challenges here and have only produced for the last seasonal spuffy since the challenges stopped (and one entry for the 20th anniversary challenge). I need inspiring/prompting.
    Last edited by Stoney; 13-07-18 at 03:25 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dutchess View Post
    Ah, I would call those "prompts", though perhaps that's a word used more often in the context of fic writing. Anyway, it's clear now. (I had been wondering too.) Thanks for the explanation, buffylover.

I am definitely a person who works best with prompts/memes, themes, challenges and deadlines. That's why most of my work is done for community events like Seasonal Spuffy over at LJ. So your thread is welcome. Summertime is also good for finally doing something other than work, so I have good hopes of being able to participate if you start one soon.
    Yes, memes could be understood as prompts. That's great I would be making the thread soonish. And about the seasonal Spuffy LJ, I have seen the banner competition would it be possible if there could join in? I checked the Buffy Boards just out of curiosity to see if there are having the same problem as Buffyforums being dead and all, but it seems there are more alive having some astonishing banner art even battles and requests! A community! Now just wishing there could come and participate over here on the BF.

- - - Updated - - -

I took the plunge I joined buffyboards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,093 Times in 2,935 Posts

I took the plunge I joined buffyboards.
    It can be a fun place, there are loads of people there and it's so easy to navigate. There are also loads of artists so I think you'll have fun there

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 Times in 1,046 Posts

It`s a good place (at least as long as you don`t discuss Spike or Spuffy ). Lots of nice people there and lots of enthusiastic artists as well. Say Hi for me to Puppet, she`s been doing a lot of banners over there. And maybe zenseem is still there, she made my Spuffy banner. I am sorry, the art section isn`t more active here. But i hope you are still going to post your art here as well !

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054
    Banner by Zenseem

Will you just hold me ?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-07-18)

Thanks

In no way, I'm leaving Buffyforums! This fan art section is a huge importance to me. I was just joining up to see if I could get promoting the little meme/challenge I'm planning to host over here on the Buffy forums because I'm going to spread the word on Tumblr and every promotion I can get my hands on.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

betta (15-09-18),Priceless (15-07-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18),Stoney (15-07-18)

Thanks

I made a few banners over the last couple of days because I really wanted to get back into fanart. (For the first time in seven years.) ((Although I was never really any good at it!)) I had so much fun! It was so nice to be doing it again and I forgot how much I enjoyed doing it. And since I returned to the forums after a five-ish year-long hiatus, (hi everyone again ) I'm excited to hopefully start posting more in the Fanart section and improve. So here are my most recent banners which I made and I hope to learn from you lovely people.

For this one, I realised I didn't like the 'HALEB' text until after I saved it and flattened the image and I really didn't want to redo it because, to be honest, I can't remember how I managed to do it.

This was the first banner I did for the first time in seven years. I was inspired because I was rewatching Pretty Little Liars and I wanted to do something with Spencer and Hanna, my favourite Liars.

I love Wentworth, and although Season 6 is...alright so far, I love Bea. I recently rewatched the "You don't run this prison, I do.' episode so that was what stuck with me doing this banner.

And you can't actually see on a white background, but two of them have white borders around them.

EDIT:

Re-done Haleb, took text out, I do prefer it however I still have a lot of learning to do!
    Last edited by Ahm Shere; 28-07-18 at 10:10 AM.

♥ He never got out of the cockadoodie car! ♥

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ahm Shere For This Useful Post:

buffylover (28-07-18),Fuzzy (15-09-18),Nina (14-09-18),Priceless (28-07-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18),Stoney (28-07-18),TriBel (28-07-18)

Bronze Party-Goer Willow from Buffy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is little more than a cut and paste, but I really like it. I loved the Dark Willow story in S12. So sad.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Willow from Buffy For This Useful Post:

Ahm Shere (14-09-18),betta (15-09-18),Double Dutchess (10-11-18),flow (14-09-18),Fuzzy (15-09-18),Nina (14-09-18),Priceless (14-09-18),Sandman (16-09-18),SpuffyGlitz (14-09-18),Stoney (15-09-18)

Thanks

Congrats on that, Willow from Buffy! I think it's beautiful

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:

Willow from Buffy (16-09-18)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

The Seasonal Spuffy banner poll is up, over on LiveJournal.

Some beautiful Spuffy banners were submitted to our contest... some of them by BuffyForums users... and anyone may vote to help us pick the winner.

To see the banners and vote, you can go to LiveJournal or to Dreamwidth. If you donít have an LJ or DW account, you can still vote by commenting on the LiveJournal post (and this link will open the comment box in case you had trouble finding it). Please only vote once.

The polls are open till Thursday, November 15. Enjoy!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (10-11-18),Priceless (10-11-18),Stoney (11-11-18)

Thanks

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puppet For This Useful Post:

buffylover (14-11-18),Nina (14-11-18),Priceless (14-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,093 Times in 2,935 Posts

This is a banner I did for Seasonal Spuffy - Road Trip

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (15-11-18),flow (15-11-18),Nina (15-11-18),Puppet (16-11-18),Stoney (16-11-18),thenewbuzwuzz (17-11-18)

Thanks

I just stumbled over this old thing, so I brushed off the dust and put it up for you guys to see

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Puppet For This Useful Post:

buffylover (16-11-18),flow (16-11-18),Nina (16-11-18),Priceless (16-11-18)