Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What's On Your Mind?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,095 Times in 4,390 Posts

Default What's On Your Mind?

Thought it would be good to have thread where you can post just general random things that you'd like to share with everyone, but you don't know where to post. Tell us what you're up to, what's going on in your life, anything you just want to comment on . . . this is the thread for you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,043 Posts

Sunday rainy Sunday (said with a nod to U2). Excercise class followed by coffee at Starbucks with a friend followed by grocery shopping. It's a pretty typical Sunday for me. I saw "the post" with Merril Streep and Tom hanks last night. It was really good. I work in the newspaper industry and they did a great job showing how it used to look. The costumes and sets were amazing. The segregation of women, even if they're the boss, in society was scary. I thought it was interesting that the only place women looked totally integrated was in the groups that were protesting. Thank you generation of women before me for fighting for my rights. Obviously I can't remember the 60,s but when I started working at the end of the eighties they still had the infrustructure of tubes that used to move stuff around the building but they were no longer in use. You used to be able to put ad copy in tubes that went to production and cheques in tubes that went to credit. They showed similar ones in the news room going to the presses.

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (28-01-18),TriBel (29-01-18)

Thanks

I bought a new monitor for my computer, but the colours don't look right. It doesn't seem to show yellow. The tech people said it was because my computer was so old it couldn't handle the monitor . . . so I am going to have to buy a new computer

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (29-01-18),TriBel (29-01-18)

Thanks

Coffee with a friend turned into sitting in emergency with my daughter. Nothing serious, she got hurt Rock climbing and they advised her to get checked out which is probably what they say for insurance reasons. She called to say I didn't have to meet her there because she's 18 and she was okay. I did what she wanted instead of what she said and spent 2 hours sitting in emergency to be told take tylonal and rest for a week. While we there I assured her I'd sit with her in emergency even if she was 35. An elderly lady with her middle aged son arrived and I said and look you can bring me when Im old. She replied but you'll still be bringing me too right? Lol. Grateful for free and easily accessible health care. That's probably the one thing Canadians will never understand about Americans. Free health care is worth every penny!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (21-04-18),Priceless (29-01-18),Silver1 (29-01-18),Stoney (29-01-18),TriBel (29-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,877 Times in 2,306 Posts

I'm getting so much spam mail about alleged "Russian women" wanting to meet me, ways to solve the problem of erectile dysfunction, and cure for baldness. How do the spam bots know exactly what I need?
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (29-01-18),GoSpuffy (29-01-18),Priceless (29-01-18),Silver1 (29-01-18),Stoney (29-01-18),TriBel (29-01-18)

Thanks

OMG!!!! A charmed reboot? I'm there!!!

Thanks

TimeTravellingBunny I never get spam like that! Mine's all about vitamins and ppi, very boring.

Glad your daughter is okay GoSpuffy and totally agree about free health care. Our NHS is worth it's weight in gold.

Not sure about a Charmed reboot, isn't it meant to be a 'feminist reboot'? I'll probably watch it for a while until it starts to annoy me, like the original Charmed

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (29-01-18),Silver1 (29-01-18),Stoney (29-01-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,583 Times in 502 Posts

Does anyone play on video games?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffylover View Post
    Sorry buffylover but I don't

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 787 Posts

I play video games. I finished Sanctum 2 recently ( tower defence/first person shooter hybrid - fun game, surprisingly huge amount of depth ) and just started Far Cry Primal. I don't know what to think about it yet, it's a modern Ubisoft open world game so there's crafting, gathering and all that stuff but the setting makes it kinda like, I don't know, Skyrim maybe? We'll see, so far it seems interesting enough.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

buffylover (29-01-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    I play video games. I finished Sanctum 2 recently ( tower defence/first person shooter hybrid - fun game, surprisingly huge amount of depth ) and just started Far Cry Primal. I don't know what to think about it yet, it's a modern Ubisoft open world game so there's crafting, gathering and all that stuff but the setting makes it kinda like, I don't know, Skyrim maybe? We'll see, so far it seems interesting enough.
    That's great I actually never heard of Sanctum before shocking enough, lol. Far Cry Primal seems interesting enough since I enjoyed the Far cry 3 not so much Far cry 4 yes, I do see similarities to Skyrim.

Have you ever played on a game called 'Ori and the blind forest?' I just completed it recently and it was mesmerizing the sound, the gameplay and story was just an art piece. I would truly recommend that game to anyone even if it's just the soundtrack. Here is the trailer.

Just hear the music! goosebumps!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (29-01-18),TriBel (29-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffylover View Post
    I used to but now I just play online games like candy crush.

Slayer
    Thanks

Have you ever played on a game called 'Ori and the blind forest?' I just completed it recently and it was mesmerizing the sound, the gameplay and story was just an art piece. I would truly recommend that game to anyone even if it's just the soundtrack. Here is the trailer.
    I've heard good things about it, I want to play it in the future. I finished Hollow Knight quite recently and I'm just not in the mood for another metroidvania right now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

buffylover (29-01-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

I've heard good things about it, I want to play it in the future. I finished Hollow Knight quite recently and I'm just not in the mood for another metroidvania right now.
    Yes you heard right it was truly fantastic it had pure emotion and inspiring artistry, I would totally recommend Ori to you I hope one day you will get the chance to play it. Warning you the first half an hour you would probably cry because I did like a baby in fact.

Thank you so much for sharing that trailer "Hollow Knight" it looks so unique to play I truly love games like that!

May I ask you what console do you play your games on? and did you play both of the Buffy games?

Last edited by buffylover; 29-01-18 at 09:44 PM.

Slayer
    Thanks

I don't own any consoles these days, I game on my PC. Anyway, I didn't play the xbox game but I did play Chaos Bleeds, I replayed it, like, last year, on an emulator. I like that game. Games based on TV shows are usually not very good, I mean, let's be honest, it's all mostly shovelware but Chaos Bleeds is actually decent. The combat is...it's OK, really, not great, not terrible. It's easy enough that you can button mash your way through it but the hand to hand characters ( Buffy, Faith, Spike ) have some really cool advanced moves. Willow has spells and I love how powerful she is in that game, she's basically a full-blown turbo-witch. And she still can do basic melee attacks so it's possible to go all magic was a mistake, it's nothing but trash and just beat the crap out of vampires. As Willow. While she's dropping one-liners. It's absolutely hilarious. And Xander! Xander gets weapons, like, he's got a water gun with holy water! Why wasn't that in the TV series?! The story's pretty good too. It's a better season 7 ( first evil is the big bad ) than the actual season 7. The past big bads don't just make a cameo, you actually fight some of them. It's pure fan service and it's awesome. Faith fights Kakistos. Spike battles Adam. Xander faces Anyanka. Buffy fights the Ripper! And his zombie-bears, I kid you not! And Willow! Willow battles vampire Tara, Amber Benson dropping raunchy lines, sultry voice and all that. It's a total riot.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

buffylover (30-01-18)

Cup of Tea!
    Thanks

I don't own any consoles these days, I game on my PC. Anyway, I didn't play the xbox game but I did play Chaos Bleeds, I replayed it, like, last year, on an emulator. I like that game. Games based on TV shows are usually not very good, I mean, let's be honest, it's all mostly shovelware but Chaos Bleeds is actually decent. The combat is...it's OK, really, not great, not terrible. It's easy enough that you can button mash your way through it but the hand to hand characters ( Buffy, Faith, Spike ) have some really cool advanced moves. Willow has spells and I love how powerful she is in that game, she's basically a full-blown turbo-witch. And she still can do basic melee attacks so it's possible to go all magic was a mistake, it's nothing but trash and just beat the crap out of vampires. As Willow. While she's dropping one-liners. It's absolutely hilarious. And Xander! Xander gets weapons, like, he's got a water gun with holy water! Why wasn't that in the TV series?! The story's pretty good too. It's a better season 7 ( first evil is the big bad ) than the actual season 7. The past big bads don't just make a cameo, you actually fight some of them. It's pure fan service and it's awesome. Faith fights Kakistos. Spike battles Adam. Xander faces Anyanka. Buffy fights the Ripper! And his zombie-bears, I kid you not! And Willow! Willow battles vampire Tara, Amber Benson dropping raunchy lines, sultry voice and all that. It's a total riot.
    I play games on my (Xbox One X) I really enjoyed reading your description on 'Chaos Bleeds' admittedly I have so many good memories playing on both of those games.

I enjoyed the missions 'Downtown Sunnydale' , The Quarry House, Sunnydale Mall and The Cemetery' but, my most enjoyable was The Quarry House I really enjoyed playing Faith and playing Willow in fact, it was truly new and different comparing to the first game on the Xbox. Yes! Xander gives Buffy a gun that holds the flame and holy water in the first game I like that weapon especially at times when you get overwhelmed by baddies.

Something about the first game on Xbox that I prefer I think it was the combat when you stake the enemies you have this realistic animation that it does feel that you actually stake them. So many nostalgias I remember getting the first Xbox just for that game alone! for Christmas.

Your best RPG? Your best Action and adventure?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,234 Times in 1,746 Posts

My 6-year old had his first ever english lesson in kindergarten yesterday and he came home saying "Sit down, please" and "Thank you" and he was as proud as if he`d won an olympic gold medal ;-)

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (30-01-18),Priceless (30-01-18),Stoney (30-01-18),TimeTravellingBunny (30-01-18),TriBel (30-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,015 Times in 5,803 Posts

It sounds like he's more polite than my six year old manages often.

The board is so active at the moment it's great to see after so much quiet around here. With the rewatch getting going again too I hope it continues and draws in even more posters (I started rereading OMWF last night to get back into the zone with it all, and to bring myself back up to date for Aurora posting the final parts). I'm pretty sure I can't keep up with it all though, which is a good and a bad thing.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (30-01-18),TriBel (30-01-18)

Thanks

It would be great if the board could attract more people. There are so many Buffy and Angel fans out there, I'd love to hear what they all have to say

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (30-01-18),Stoney (30-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,015 Times in 5,803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    It would be great if the board could attract more people. There are so many Buffy and Angel fans out there, I'd love to hear what they all have to say
    I don't know how search engine optimisation works. If you google 'buffy discussions' we're the fifth result, which can't be bad. I was also pleased to see it links to the main forum page rather than the outdated home page.

I'm not sure how people find/search for these things in the main. Have formats like Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook taken over now? I don't think the kind of discussions/conversations we have on here seem to fit the comments people make about the conversations they see on the social sites. It's hard to know what, if anything, can be done to draw in others that might join in. It would be great to get the fanart section buzzing again too. buffylover has done lots on this section after it faded further to try and revive it, including working on the tumblr page, but without bodies visiting, some good/regular footfall, what can be achieved seems limited.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (31-01-18),Priceless (31-01-18),TriBel (31-01-18)