Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible Games?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,564 Posts

The acceptance of Illyria is fascinating but I still think she is greatly looked on with resentment by Wes, Angel and Spike. I honestly can't remember seeing Illyria interacting much with Gunn beyond when she went to retrieve him???

I like the idea of including AtS as well. I'm not sure what the options are for managing the crowd though. The total we're saying is around 100, yes? If it just ran as a straight elimination what would the perceived problem be, is it just about the sheer quantity?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (13-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,623 Posts

I'm pretty excited about this game. I think it'll provide fodder for interesting discussions. I think if we start an elimination game off with like, 5 pairings eliminated in the first 4 rounds, the crowd will be thinned out pretty quickly.

I’m game to start the thread this evening.
    Last edited by Dipstick; 13-02-19 at 09:16 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstick For This Useful Post:

Stoney (13-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 800 Posts

Okay - for the feeble witted one over here...what do we do? I mean how many people will vote for the master in Buffy v Master? What am I missing?
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

TriBel (13-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

bespangled:

What am I missing?
    A couple of snakes and several ladders?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

bespangled (13-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Okay - for the feeble witted one over here...what do we do? I mean how many people will vote for the master in Buffy v Master? What am I missing?
    As volunteer game-runner, I'll post the entire list above of AtS/BtVS antagonist relationships. For the first round, all voters pick the first five pairings that they want eliminated in about twenty four hours. At the end of the round, I'll count the five pairings that got the most votes. Those pairings will be eliminated. We will repeat the process, but at some point, I'll reduce the amount of pairings to be eliminated as we get a more selective list. The pairing left wins.

Edit. I added Spike/Illyria and Willow/Veruca
    Last edited by Dipstick; 13-02-19 at 09:46 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstick For This Useful Post:

Stoney (13-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    As volunteer game-runner, I'll post the entire list above of AtS/BtVS antagonist relationships. For the first round, all voters pick the first five pairings that they want eliminated in about twenty four hours. At the end of the round, I'll count the five pairings that got the most votes. Those pairings will be eliminated. We will repeat the process, but at some point, I'll reduce the amount of pairings to be eliminated as we get a more selective list. The pairing left wins.

Edit. I added Spike/Illyria.
    So are we doing it by selecting the five pairings out of the entire list we'd vote off repeatedly all the way through, in rounds, or are we turning it into a +/- voting system when there are less pairs in the list?

I think bespangled that the idea is that you're voting for the antagonist relationships you like the most, for whatever reasons you argue for them. So if you think one lacked as interesting dynamics you'd vote for it to go earlier.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

bespangled (13-02-19),Dipstick (13-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    So are we doing it by selecting the five pairings out of the entire list we'd vote off repeatedly all the way through, in rounds, or are we turning it into a +/- voting system when there are less pairs in the list?

I think bespangled that the idea is that you're voting for the antagonist relationships you like the most, for whatever reasons you argue for them. So if you think one lacked as interesting dynamics you'd vote for it to go earlier.
    You select your five least favorite pairings left each round. Let's say your votes end up deciding the outcome. You select your five least favorite pairings in Round 1. They disappear. Then in Round 2, you select your five least favorite pairings of those remaining. And so on and so forth.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstick For This Useful Post:

Stoney (13-02-19)

Thanks

I'm with you and I think we should just go for it. These things either work straight away or actually trying it will throw something up we can just iron out at the time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (13-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 800 Posts

I'll give it a try, but do we have to stick to 24 hours? I'd like to let the game play out and there are times when people have life happen and may not be able to get here for a day.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    I'll give it a try, but do we have to stick to 24 hours? I'd like to let the game play out and there are times when people have life happen and may not be able to get here for a day.
    It’ll be generally 24 hours. I won’t cut off a round before 24 hours but I want to keep the game going at a good clip.

Thanks

Yay, we've started (here). Thanks for the idea and setting that up Dipstick. Come and vote everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Itíll be generally 24 hours. I wonít cut off a round before 24 hours but I want to keep the game going at a good clip.
    Having just had a look it seems like the size of the list is showing up some real variety in what is seen as the worst that elimination from multiple votes appears less likely, particularly from a small number of voters. Will you revert to a +/- system or a three votes and they're out for the first fifty pairings or some such if there isn't an influx in members joining in?
    Which brings me back to... come and vote everyone!

Slayer
    Thanks

I was surprised at how widely varying the opinions were as well. I think for this first round that I'll see if more people vote and we get more of a consensus on relationships to eliminate. So far, three relationships have two or three votes. However, I don't want to eliminate all of the other relationships with just one vote. If it doesn't work out, maybe we re-tool to a point system.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstick For This Useful Post:

Stoney (14-02-19)

Thanks

I just thought I'd drop a note in to say that I have started drawing together the lists for the BtVS episode ending elimination game we suggested. As I was going to use a summary of the final scene and the last line together there's a bit of work to it (I'm using the previous game and editing through it all, they often didn't have both aspects). I'm going to get the initial list for all the seasons set up so there isn't a huge wait every time a season comes to an end.

Does anyone have any opinion on whether to run multiple elimination games at the same time or not?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Dipstick (17-02-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

I'm up for playing a simultaneous game.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstick For This Useful Post:

Stoney (17-02-19)