Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Buffy Related Thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I wish they'd announce Season 12
    You and me sister!

I like who I am when Im with him. I like who we are together.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (23-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,425 Times in 5,565 Posts

Well we know Gage/Joss met up post S11 so there's a good chance there will be one. It may all have to do with waiting for the Giles mini to begin/finish.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (23-01-18),Priceless (23-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Well we know Gage/Joss met up post S11 so there's a good chance there will be one. It may all have to do with waiting for the Giles mini to begin/finish.
    Is the Angel season over? Or is he still running around in the past? Part of me still thinks a Joss wants to rip my heart out by having Angel not sire Dru and therefore not Spike and therefore Spuffy never existed. Noooooo! *peaks between fingers for answer*

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (23-01-18),Stoney (23-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,427 Times in 4,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    Is the Angel season over? Or is he still running around in the past? Part of me still thinks a Joss wants to rip my heart out by having Angel not sire Dru and therefore not Spike and therefore Spuffy never existed. Noooooo! *peaks between fingers for answer*
    Don't worry GoSpuffy, Angel S11 is finished. He is walking off into the sunset with Fred/Illyria Nothing in the past really changed, though TriBel thinks that Angel has made peace with his father and sister, and therefore is fundamentally changed, though we'll have to wait to see if there is a S12 to get any confirmation of that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (23-01-18),Stoney (23-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Don't worry GoSpuffy, Angel S11 is finished. He is walking off into the sunset with Fred/Illyria Nothing in the past really changed, though TriBel thinks that Angel has made peace with his father and sister, and therefore is fundamentally changed, though we'll have to wait to see if there is a S12 to get any confirmation of that.
    walking off "romantically"? About time that poor vamp got a girl friend!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (23-01-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,190 Posts

The Angel comics were imo pretty badly written. I loved all the early stuff by Brian Lynch, (his After the Fall stuff was killer) but it deteriorated rapidly after that. And this latest lot was just plain out and out dull.

I think It's because they just don't know what to do with him, which is a shame.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (24-01-18),TimeTravellingBunny (24-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    The Angel comics were imo pretty badly written. I loved all the early stuff by Brian Lynch, (his After the Fall stuff was killer) but it deteriorated rapidly after that. And this latest lot was just plain out and out dull.

I think It's because they just don't know what to do with him, which is a shame.
    I thought Angel & Faith Season 9 was one of the best comics in the verse, only superceded by Buffy Season 11. It had a cohesive through-line, a compelling story and great characterisations. It never lost momentum and had a beginning middle and end which worked imo.

But I agree, if does feel like they've run out of stories to tell about Angel. I think they've attempted to change him in S11 and give him a new love interest, but we'll only be able to judge the success of that if there is a S12

My random thought is that whenever I see NFA written down I immediately think No Fixed Abode . . . it takes me a second to think 'nope, they mean Not Fade Away' and I hope that doesn't make me a bad fan

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,190 Posts

I didn't think much of Angel and Faith to be honest. Didn't do enough service to either character imo.

For me It's just still After the fall, which hit the spot quite nicely.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,796 Times in 2,264 Posts

I disliked Angel and Faith a great deal. It was pretty much a textbook example of "how not to do a redemption story". Most of it was about Faith and a bunch of different characters (many of whom just randomly coming to be hyped guest stars and not doing anything substantial) telling Angel how wonderful he is and that he doesn't need to feel guilty for anything he did as Twilight (complete with some back-pedalling and misrepresenting of what actually happened in season 8 and what it was that Angel was really responsible for), followed by everyone doing Kumbaya, while the narrative shamed anyone who was still upset at Angel's past actions and wanted revenge.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (24-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

I have a random Buffy related question:

I am pretty sure, that it is canon, that Spikes name was William Pratt. Does anyone remember, when his last name was mentioned for the first time ?

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    I have a random Buffy related question:

I am pretty sure, that it is canon, that Spikes name was William Pratt. Does anyone remember, when his last name was mentioned for the first time ?

flow
    Good question. I'm sure it's Pratt too but you see so many different last names in fanfic it makes me wonder. What's with that?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

flow (24-01-18),Priceless (24-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpuffy View Post
    Good question. I'm sure it's Pratt too but you see so many different last names in fanfic it makes me wonder. What's with that?
    I think those fics were written before Joss confirmed Williams real surname. I've never been sure where it was first used, but I am sure it's canon

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

flow (24-01-18)

Thanks

I think Pratt was used in a non-canonical comic (I'm not sure which, possibly one of the older IDW ones, I suspect PuckRobin, Aurora or ViR will know, someone will be able to tell us) and it was just readily accepted and adopted by fandom.

But I am sure that when Gage used it in S11 it was the first time Spike's human surname has been confirmed as Pratt in canon.
    Last edited by Stoney; 24-01-18 at 08:26 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (24-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I think Pratt was used in a non-canonical comic (I'm not sure which, possibly one of the older IDW ones, I suspect PuckRobin, Aurora or ViR will know, someone will be able to tell us) and it was just readily accepted and adopted by fandom.

But I am sure that when Gage used it in S11 it was the first time Spike's human surname has been confirmed as Pratt in canon.
    But is was confirmed as canon by Joss, or did Joss write that particular comic? I'm really surprised that S11 was it's first use in canon.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

This from Wikipedia (Google is my only friend - don't try to offer me solace Pricey, flow or GoSpuffy - I'm wallowing in self-pity )

"William's surname is given as "Pratt" in the non-canon comic Old Times and is written on the label of his jar of blood in the comic Spike: Asylum #002. This surname became official with the publication of the canon comic Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #7, in which Buffy calls him by it".

I could have sworn it was earlier but what do I know...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (24-01-18),Stoney (24-01-18)

Thanks

I would have sworn I heard Giles refer to him as Pratt but I guess it was just "you prat" lol.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

TriBel (24-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    This from Wikipedia (Google is my only friend - don't try to offer me solace Pricey, flow or GoSpuffy - I'm wallowing in self-pity )

"William's surname is given as "Pratt" in the non-canon comic Old Times and is written on the label of his jar of blood in the comic Spike: Asylum #002. This surname became official with the publication of the canon comic Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #7, in which Buffy calls him by it".

I could have sworn it was earlier but what do I know...
    What has happened to you TriBel? Lay down on our couch and tell us all about it What did we do before Wiki?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (24-01-18)

Thanks

See I was too lazy to search out the name of the comic and I didn't remember the reuse in Asylum, but I knew S11 was the first time canon used it. *feeling smug* I think you must be thinking of Giles saying 'you prat' to him GoSpuffy, he definitely does that at some point.

I'm not offering solace, but you can still tell me about it instead.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (24-01-18),Priceless (24-01-18),TriBel (24-01-18)

Thanks

Do you think Joss chose the surname Pratt as a comment on Spike's personality? Does anyone know of any comment Joss has made of the choice of name?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (24-01-18)

Thanks

I heard it was a nod to Boris Karloff, his real name was William Pratt. Wow, you know the name is bad when Boris is better than little Willy Pratt. Video for the laugh:

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

Priceless (25-01-18),TriBel (24-01-18)