Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Buffy Related Thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 8,434 Times in 4,066 Posts

Default Random Buffy Related Thoughts

Hope having a random thread is okay? Sometimes you can be watching an episode and just want to mention something you've noticed or a sudden inconsequential thought, well here is the place to post.

I'm watching Touched and I just love how happy Spike is to tell Buffy that she was right about Caleb protecting something at the vineyard. He's pleased with himself for figuring it out and he's also trying to cheer Buffy up and it's so nice to see him happy

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

betta (07-01-18),Ebdim9th (16-04-18),Silver1 (06-01-18),SpuffyGlitz (27-04-18),Stoney (07-01-18),TriBel (06-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,425 Times in 5,565 Posts

I like the idea of a random thread where you can just post a random thought. If someone then wants to turn something they read here into a discussion/comment on it more widely, then they can create a specific thread out of the discussion point that arises from what you have said in order to do that. So hopefully it won't be something that is nixed in moderation terms.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (16-04-18),Priceless (07-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I like the idea of a random thread where you can just post a random thought. If someone then wants to turn something they read here into a discussion/comment on it more widely, then they can create a specific thread out of the discussion point that arises from what you have said in order to do that. So hopefully it won't be something that is nixed in moderation terms.
    Yes it would be great if other threads grew out of this one, but I totally understand if the moderators feel it's not appropriate

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (16-04-18),Stoney (07-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,299 Times in 882 Posts

Potential

AMANDA: I feel like people think I'm weird, and so they pick on me. But I might be—weird.
    BUFFY: Amanda, why do you think that you're weird?
    AMANDA: One of the boys who picks on me, I kind of—See, if a guy picks on you, is it weird to think he's cute?
    BUFFY: Oh...
    AMANDA: It's just, the last few times I've seen him, I've wanted to, you know, pick on him... extra. More.
    BUFFY: Uh-huh.
    AMANDA: The thing is, I can't tell. My mom says when a guy teases you, it means he likes you.
    BUFFY: Sometimes that's true.
    AMANDA: Is it weird? We're mean to each other, and we like each other.
    BUFFY: Well, it depends. Sometimes that's how people relate. Being mean to each other. Even mortal enemies— Then with the— And that leads to no good, absolutely no good. And much confusion. A-and then it's over. Absolutely, seriously, definitely over. And that's confusing too. The over part. Which it is. Over! So, maybe.

First Date

BUFFY: Why does everybody in this house think I'm still in love with Spike?

Why is that so, Buffy?
    My Tumblr: Dog is My Copilot

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

debbicles (27-04-18),Ebdim9th (20-04-18),GoSpuffy (07-01-18),Priceless (07-01-18),Puppet (12-11-18),Stoney (07-01-18),TriBel (09-01-18)

Thanks

I wasn't keen on Ted when I first watched it but on rewatches I've come to really love John Ritter's performance. The quality of the casting is a big part of why BtVS is so good.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (20-04-18),Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Priceless (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I wasn't keen on Ted when I first watched it but on rewatches I've come to really love John Ritter's performance. The quality of the casting is a big part of why BtVS is so good.
    I've always been a fan of that episode, and Ritter is great in it

My random thought is that I'm listening to a Buffy podcast and new viewers are saying how terrible The Puppet Show is, and I just want to say I love that episode and if the new viewers fall in love with the show and rewatch it a few times, they too will come to love all those silly Season 1 eps

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (20-04-18),Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Stoney (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

Yes, Ted is really creepy !

I watched Still Pretty on YouTube yesterday and Lani pointed out, that Spike suddenly stands in Buffys living room in Beneath You.

We have seen before, that the kitchen door is obviously never locked, because he sometimes enters though the kitchen door in season 6. But in Beneath You he must have come through the front door without ringing the door bell or knocking.

Do you think, he has got a key ? I actually considered, that he might have gotten one in the summer between season 5 and season 6, when he was often looking after Dawn, but that he kept it all through season 6 and his journey to Africa and back seems a bit far fetched.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

14. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Thanks

I just assumed the front door wasn't locked or that he came in from the kitchen. I've never given it thought but I doubt very much that he would have ever been given a key to Revello in S5-6.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Priceless (09-01-18)

Thanks

I'm with Stoney and just thought he came through the kitchen. Why do you think he had to come through the front door flow?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,166 Posts

That's a strange scene. Does he come through the front door or does he simply acknowledge the concept of "door" (as in a door) when he says "I'll go out that door and you can lock it behind me with any spell you like". Willow can't get access through the FD in the next episode. It's also the door Buffy motions to in Get it Done. We've had conversations about doors in this season before. I couldn't figure out what was between them when they talked in the foyer: was it a mirror?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    That's a strange scene. Does he come through the front door or does he simply acknowledge the concept of "door" (as in a door) when he says "I'll go out that door and you can lock it behind me with any spell you like". Willow can't get access through the FD in the next episode. It's also the door Buffy motions to in Get it Done. We've had conversations about doors in this season before. I couldn't figure out what was between them when they talked in the foyer: was it a mirror?
    It's the glass that's to the right of the front door that's between them I think. There is a stand with a mirror above it just to the left of Buffy.

- - - Updated - - -

Randon thought, I've just noticed I'm a Bronze Party Goer, yay me!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Stoney (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

He is very suddenly standing between the living room and the foyer or entrance hall. Had he come in through the front door, it would have been just one step for him, to stand, where he is standing. He could also have come through the kitchen, but he would have had to walk through the kitchen, the dining room and the foyer, to get, where he is standing. I was just assuming, he could not do this without anybody noticing it.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Priceless (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    He is very suddenly standing between the living room and the foyer or entrance hall. Had he come in through the front door, it would have been just one step for him, to stand, where he is standing. He could also have come through the kitchen, but he would have had to walk through the kitchen, the dining room and the foyer, to get, where he is standing. I was just assuming, he could not do this without anybody noticing it.

flow
    He definitely just appears, and in that blue t-shirt. It's odd, but maybe that's what they were going for, to show he was different, but yes it is odd

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Thanks

He's a vamp still, I'm sure he can employ a bit of stealth in his entrance. I think it makes sense perhaps if you think of him feeling uncertain about how to approach. He isn't going to come in and call out a hello, he doesn't want to knock and risk being refused/shut out, but doesn't want to be loud/aggressive, so I can see why he'd opt to just step forward. But then what. And it's awkward because it's unavoidably awkward. He can't truly try to present as if nothing is wrong in him being there. Obviously his new costume doesn't work, the whole approach doesn't work, he can't negotiate it that way, as if there's nothing significant there to negotiate.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Priceless (10-01-18),Silver1 (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 971 Posts

I always felt this was symbolic of the change he'd gone through and the difference the soul makes. The kitchen entrance was for the workman, the associate of S6. Sneaking out basement being caught where he wasn't to be was the S5 frenemie. S7 coming through the front door like a revered guest? That's a champion who won a nice bright shiny soul. The front door signifies an upgrade of status to me.

I like who I am when I’m with him. I like who we are together.”

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoSpuffy For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (29-05-18),Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,764 Posts

Spike's used the front door in S6. He leaves through the front door in Bargaining I, Afterlife, All the Way and Older and Far Away and he enters through the front door in Afterlife.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Stoney (10-01-18)

Thanks

Afterlife, that's it!! I know Buffy let him back in through the front door in The Gift, which was symbolic for him being allowed some role in the group and I think that is where the front door is significant rather than him gaining his soul (with it reversing him having been specifically shut out in Crush). But I knew I could remember seeing him come in at a rush when he was unsouled without someone else. I can't believe I didn't connect it to him coming looking for Dawn, especially having watched/reviewed AL so recently, duh! With all these smilies where is my forehead-slapping-moment one!?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),vampmogs (10-01-18)

Thanks

I finally got my first library edition of the comics. It wasn't too expensive, but it's so lovely. Does everyone else have the library editions or have I wasted my money or is there a better edition I should have got?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,190 Posts

I don't collect them anymore really. I prefer them on a digital format so they don't take up anymore room.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18),Priceless (10-01-18)

Thanks

I think the library editions are different to the trade paperbacks, but I'm not sure how??

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ebdim9th (20-04-18)