Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Random Buffy Related Thoughts

Scooby Gang
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 611 Posts

I looked a while back at ebay sales for the comics and nobody was touching them, so in the bin they went.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    I looked a while back at ebay sales for the comics and nobody was touching them, so in the bin they went.
    Oh what a shame
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 657 Posts

I bought two volumes a couple ago thinking they were library Editions but now I think, they are only trade paperbacks and I don`t even know whta the difference between the two is. Heck, do I have to get a University diploma in Buffy Comics, to get sorted through this stuff?

If I want to read all of season 8, would it be best to buy the Omnibus volume 1 and 2 ?

Anyone, who is about to throw comics in the bin, just like silver did, please send me a pm beforehand.

flow

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (30-06-18)

Thanks

flow The Trade Paperbacks (TPB) are soft covers, while the library editions are hard backed and double the size of the TPB. They contain pretty much the same comics. Season 8 is in 8 TPB's or 4 library editions.

Thanks

Well, it didn`t have TBP or LE printed in nice, friendly letters on the cover. Does nobody care about newbies to Comic reading?

What about the omnibus volume 1 and two? It seems to be easier, to get it all in two volumes instead of in four or even eight, but now I want to be sure, I am not buying the wrong thing again.

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

Thanks

My guess is that the omnibus editions are soft backs, but it would be a guess. I am sure there are some really knowledgeable people here who know a lot more than me

Thanks
    Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,942 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I've bitten the bullet an spent 80 on Buffy Season 8, volume 3 library edition.
    That's not a bad price compared to what we were seeing before, is it inc postage?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    That's not a bad price compared to what we were seeing before, is it inc postage?
    It is. I still think it's a lot of money for something that cost about 25 on first release. But I've got a pay rise at work so I don't feel too bad about spending so much money

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (01-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 799 Posts

My guess is that the omnibus editions are soft backs, but it would be a guess. I am sure there are some really knowledgeable people here who know a lot more than me
    I've only got 2 of the omnibus editions (actually that's a lie - I've got 8 of them but 6 are digital). They're smaller than the original comics and mine are softbacks. In addition, my copy of S5 has lousy binding - the contents "fell out" of the cover although "Spike" seems okay. The Library Editions are a joy to behold. Hardback, coffee-table sized books with a ribbon (got to take a book seriously if it's got a ribbon)! They tend to have extra art work (alternative covers, sketches etc.) and some of the "one-off comics.

Here's a man saying everything I've just said - with pictures. Hmm...why have I got TWO copies of that DVD?

Last edited by TriBel; 30-06-18 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

Joss Whedon

Verified account

@joss
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    I’m about to join @feliciaday’s live stream to raise money to keep family together by being WILDLY ENTERTAINING - tune in and make a difference FROM YOUR COUCH

http://Twitch.tv/feliciaday #keepfamiliestogether

Anyone watching this? Seth Green is on it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone could donate a few grand to have Joss keep Spuffy together

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

TriBel (30-06-18)

Thanks

Thanks for the Video link. The Library Editions do look really nice, but I could get the two Omnibus volumes for half the price Pricey paid for only one volume of the Library Edition. I could always put a ribbon in them myself, don`t you think? And I don`t have a coffe-table nor do I have anyone except me, who would ever look at them.

Germans are extremely snobbish, when it comes to artwork. Comics don`t count as such. Same goes for TV-shows. I am forced to lead a double life

flow

Will you just hold me ?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (30-06-18),Silver1 (30-06-18),Stoney (01-07-18),TriBel (30-06-18)

Thanks

In real life I've never heard anyone say 'parse'. This is only a word I've ever read in fan-fiction. I've been reading a lot of fics lately and the re-use of this word has stood out to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 745 Posts

I don't think I've ever used it and I don't remember reading it, is it in new fics or older ones? What does it even mean?
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,696 Times in 2,059 Posts

To 'parse' something out would mean to dissect it, basically, in order to find some deeper meaning or what the intended message was. For example, if a teacher asked you to 'parse' out of a sentence, they'd be asking you to pick it apart and examine it.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    I don't think I've ever used it and I don't remember reading it, is it in new fics or older ones? What does it even mean?
    As vampmogs says, it's to think deeply about something that's been said or told to you (or that's how it's used in fics). I guess I'm mostly reading older fics at the moment. Maybe it does have a 'time' and newer fics don't use the word so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,464 Times in 3,942 Posts

I use it when talking about someone setting out their ideas and working things out in discussions. I don't know if it's a word that has lost popular use generally.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I use it when talking about someone setting out their ideas and working things out in discussions. I don't know if it's a word that has lost popular use generally.
    Not at all Stoney, I think it's more likely to show that I and the people I know have much smaller vocabs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    To 'parse' something out would mean to dissect it, basically, in order to find some deeper meaning or what the intended message was. For example, if a teacher asked you to 'parse' out of a sentence, they'd be asking you to pick it apart and examine it.
    I looked it up, and the examples I've see were mostly about grammar.

@Stoney, how do you use it? Can you give examples?
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

Thanks

Just learnt on the Still Dead podcast that Lilah Morgan, Lindsey McDonald and Lee Mercer from Wolfram & Hart are all LM's in honour of Lucifer Morningstar from the DC comics, who is meant to be the devil. Never knew that!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

DeepBlueJoy (12-07-18),Stoney (12-07-18),TriBel (12-07-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Just learnt on the Still Dead podcast that Lilah Morgan, Lindsey McDonald and Lee Mercer from Wolfram & Hart are all LM's in honour of Lucifer Morningstar from the DC comics, who is meant to be the devil. Never knew that!
    No, the "LM" refers to the Lucifer Morningstar from The Bible. I'm not sure Joss Whedon is aware of The Sandman , the Lucifer comics/graphic novels, etc.

In DC, Lucifer Morningstar aka Samael is around the 2nd most powerful entity in the DC Multiverse and seems based on the Biblical version of Lucifer in that he fought against God aka The Presence, ruled Hell, etc.