Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Random Buffy Related Thoughts

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 671 Posts

Oh I got used to Adam as time went on, and rather like the look of the character now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,246 Times in 960 Posts

flow:

and they used a stapler to put him together?
    Seems to be common practice - on humans and animals. Here's a vet doing it - on a cushion! The staples aren't shiny though. Bit of a let down really...I could do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 4,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    This really bugs me:

This is a bio-mechnical demoniod with superpowers, an uranium power source and cybernetic enhancements

and they used a stapler to put him together?

flow
    Ah flow that really made me laugh. I'll fanwank that they were deliberately trying to make him fearsome looking.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

flow (19-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,336 Times in 2,160 Posts

Does anyone know the episode where Buffy is bored at work at the school and is balancing a pot of pens on her head?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 800 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Does anyone know the episode where Buffy is bored at work at the school and is balancing a pot of pens on her head?
    Selfless. Right before Willow calls her to tell her about about the huge insect that had left the frat house.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

flow (19-08-18),Priceless (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa lola View Post
    Selfless. Right before Willow calls her to tell her about about the huge insect that had left the frat house.
    Thank you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Sosa lola (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Ah flow that really made me laugh. I'll fanwank that they were deliberately trying to make him fearsome looking.
    With staples? Seems to me to be the equivalent of turning up at A&E with a paper cut! Perhaps the staples are an homage Frankenstein and the monster's neck bolt?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

flow (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TriBel View Post
    With staples? Seems to me to be the equivalent of turning up at A&E with a paper cut! Perhaps the staples are an homage Frankenstein and the monster's neck bolt?
    Well yes, the fearsome visual effect does come in part from associations and they are pretty damn huge, clunky staples! As aesthetics don't matter a damn, or the idea of accurately closing the wound with care, then the discomfort and physical as well as mental wellbeing can be inferred to be secondary too. I ask you, is it fair that what makes the monster so monstrous is what others have done??!
    Last edited by Stoney; 19-08-18 at 02:33 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

flow (19-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (19-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

When Spike arrives in Sunnydale for the first time in School Hard, he's come with Drusilla, right? So how come he appears to be alone when he gets out of the car after knocking the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' signpost down? It's a technicality but just wondering..
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,353 Times in 671 Posts

Well yes, the fearsome visual effect does come in part from associations and they are pretty damn huge, clunky staples! As aesthetics don't matter a damn, or the idea of accurately closing the wound with care, then the discomfort and physical as well as mental wellbeing can be inferred to be secondary too. I ask you, is it fair that what makes the monster so monstrous is what others have done??!
    Err, I don't think It's the staples that make him monstrous, It the whole vivisecting kids/take over the world bit.

Thanks

I was being deliberately silly and dramatic. We were talking specifically about the visual of him and why they went for using the staples. I'm not meaning to suggest he was just misunderstood and cuddly otherwise. I love Adam, more than most seem to, and a great part of that is finding his dispassionate exploration of 'life' chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    When Spike arrives in Sunnydale for the first time in School Hard, he's come with Drusilla, right? So how come he appears to be alone when he gets out of the car after knocking the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' signpost down? It's a technicality but just wondering..
    Presumably she was in the car. They obviously wanted to hold back the reveal of Dru and their relationship. Perhaps she prefers to snooze through car journeys (voluntarily this time), or was having a snack in the back.
    Last edited by Stoney; 19-08-18 at 03:07 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    She wasn't well. From what I remember, didn't she walk very gingerly into the warehouse in School Hard? I don't think she could stand very well

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-08-18),Stoney (20-08-18),TriBel (19-08-18)

Thanks

That's a really intriguing remark, I like it (it's bloody obvious when you think about it). I was watching Serenity and Adam and the Initiative came to mind. The Reavers are the result of a socio-scientific experiment gone wrong. Adam's appearance is a great visual metaphor - particularly since suturing is an important concept in film studies. I like the idea the surface is held together by strategically placed links and there's always the danger of it ripping apart.

I so want vampires to be an unintended consequence of the Shadow Men making the first Slayer!
    Last edited by TriBel; 19-08-18 at 03:29 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-08-18),SpuffyGlitz (19-08-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 723 Posts

I didn`t know, where else to put this - it`s a video about Buffy and Firefly references in The Big Bang Theory:

https://www.facebook.com/hotchocolat...7559719537752/

flow
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34707&dateline=152518  8054

Will you just hold me ?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flow For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Yesterday),Stoney (Yesterday)