Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Random Buffy Related Thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,894 Times in 794 Posts

Given that the Biblical name is the original source, it seems pointless to debate an intertext. What I think interesting is Lucifer Morningstar - Satan's name before his fall from grace - means "giver of light", "bringer of dawn" and in one case "son of the dawn". If you look across Christianity, and not just the English use of the term then it's been used to refer to a king who was not a god or a fallen angel but a man (doesn't Illyria tell Angel he's no longer a god in A11?). There's umpteen different interpretations including the dragon of the Book of Revelation; a reference to Adam/Eve (Twilight); Oracles etc.etc. You can see how bits of it fit into the prophecy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (13-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,901 Posts

Amazon have a Buffy 2019 Calendar! I've ordered it. I don't know if it's exactly the same pictures as the 2018 calendar, or if it's not been printed yet so we don't know what pictures will be used.
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (16-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,452 Times in 3,937 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Amazon have a Buffy 2019 Calendar! I've ordered it. I don't know if it's exactly the same pictures as the 2018 calendar, or if it's not been printed yet so we don't know what pictures will be used.
    I hadn't seen this but I've ordered one too now. I have to say though, it is a real low effort production where all they are doing is just dropping in new pics and they haven't even managed that. The main pic for both Spike and Oz is identical to the one used last year. There's not much excuse for that when there is such a rich and plentiful number of promotional shots, especially for Spike. They haven't even used totally new shots in the three pics below the main one, one of Spike's is repeated in the 2019. No idea what other comic shots they will use beneath the calendar days for the others not shown in the pics listed of course. I really like how they have incorporated covers from the comics which is the main reason I've ordered this latest one regardless of the lazy compiling.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: If those pics are accurate other repeated ones are one of Tara's, one of Buffy's, one of Riley's additional/small shots, a Buffy/Angel one is used again, a Buffy/Riley one is under Riley's instead of Buffy's this time, a Giles shot from before is under the group and a Buffy shot is under the group pic this time. There may be more, I got really fed up checking them. Really low effort.

EDIT EDIT: Nice to gain a Cordelia page though.
    Last edited by Stoney; 16-07-18 at 11:51 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-07-18),Silver1 (16-07-18),SpuffyGlitz (16-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,901 Posts

Yes I know a few people thought the 2018 calendar was a bit slapdash, cutting off the top of Giles's head etc. So I don't expect this one to have had a lot of effort put into it, which is such a shame
    Never much cared for picket fences, anyway. Bloody dangerous.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-07-18),Stoney (16-07-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,452 Times in 3,937 Posts

It is seriously lazy as it is only a case of paying a slight bit of attention to layout and what I'd actually say was minimal effort to production choices. Having organised artwork on many print pieces over the years I have to say it is astoundingly low effort to not even check positioning. But there's no reasonable excuse either for not even going to the simple effort of choosing new pictures for a new year. Of course loyal fans will purchase regardless and so I'm my own worst enemy. I think we're definitely allowed to still feel resentment though.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-07-18),Silver1 (16-07-18),SpuffyGlitz (16-07-18)