Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 387

Thread: Favourite Podcasts

  1. #241
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,068
    Thanks
    1,715
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,006 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    The comment calling me a' special snowflake' made me laugh particularly hard.
    LMFAO!!!

    I guess when someone puts their work out there, they should expect getting criticism, even fanfic writers. As long as the comment doesn't insult those who did the work and was strictly a criticism on the work itself, I think it's fine. They should take it into consideration.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (05-07-18),Silver1 (05-07-18)

  3. #242
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    Be warned Spike fans, there is some Spike dislike in the new Slayerfest 98.

    At one point one of the reviewers says that it gives a terrible message to young girls about obsession and love being the same. I'd love to tell them thanks for mansplaining that, because young girls can be so silly about such things, can't they. Unlike young boys who know exactly the difference between love and obsession *eye roll
    Last edited by Priceless; 11-07-18 at 12:27 PM.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    Cheese Slices (11-07-18),Silver1 (11-07-18)

  5. #243
    Sunnydale High Student Cheese Slices's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 255 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Be warned Spike fans, there is some Spike dislike in the new Slayerfest 98.

    At one point one of the reviewers says that it gives a terrible message to young girls about obsession and love being the same. I'd love to tell them thanks for mansplaining that, because young girls can be so silly about such things, can't they. Unlike young boys who know exactly the difference between love and obsession *eye roll
    I don't mind the Spike criticism, especially in early S5 cause he's genuinely f*cked up there, but I can't count the number of podcasts/reviews I had to forego because they spent more time pearl-clutching than actually analyzing and discussing the show. It's especially annoying when you have men lecturing us silly fangirls about what we should enjoy and how and why. This "won't anyone think of the children ?" mentality is starting to wear me down.
    What a challenge, honesty
    What a struggle to learn to speak
    Who would've thought that pretending was easier

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheese Slices For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (11-07-18),Silver1 (11-07-18)

  7. #244
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese Slices View Post
    I don't mind the Spike criticism, especially in early S5 cause he's genuinely f*cked up there, but I can't count the number of podcasts/reviews I had to forego because they spent more time pearl-clutching than actually analyzing and discussing the show. It's especially annoying when you have men lecturing us silly fangirls about what we should enjoy and how and why. This "won't anyone think of the children ?" mentality is starting to wear me down.
    I wonder if I'm too sensitive sometimes, and I would encourage everyone to listen and make their own minds up. One of the guys tries to rationalise Spike within the verse, while the other totally dismisses him and says that from the dream sequence at the end of Out Of My Mind 'that's the end of Spike for me' and he can't bear him from that moment on.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    Silver1 (11-07-18)

  9. #245
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Be warned Spike fans, there is some Spike dislike in the new Slayerfest 98.

    At one point one of the reviewers says that it gives a terrible message to young girls about obsession and love being the same. I'd love to tell them thanks for mansplaining that, because young girls can be so silly about such things, can't they. Unlike young boys who know exactly the difference between love and obsession *eye roll
    My usual retort to this is "so, how many vampires did you go out with?" because last time I looked this was a bloody fantasy show you idiot! When Vampires are real, then you can sound off again with authority.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I wonder if I'm too sensitive sometimes, and I would encourage everyone to listen and make their own minds up. One of the guys tries to rationalise Spike within the verse, while the other totally dismisses him and says that from the dream sequence at the end of Out Of My Mind 'that's the end of Spike for me' and he can't bear him from that moment on.
    And they had the audacity to call me "a special snowflake".

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (11-07-18)

  11. #246
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    It seems to be my day for bad-mouthing podcasts . . . but I'v stopped listening to Angel On Top. One of the themes of Angel S 5 is that you can't beat the system by being the system, and these women behave like men from the 1970's and I've come to hate their 'who I'd like to f**k' bit they do at the end of each episode. No. Just don't. It's horrible.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    bespangled (18-07-18),Silver1 (11-07-18)

  13. #247
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    Slayerfest98 now witters on about the episode 'Family'. Usual bollocks only made interesting by Amber Bensons input.

    https://soundcloud.com/user-30221024...ect-reflection

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    bespangled (18-07-18)

  15. #248
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Slayerfest98 now witters on about the episode 'Family'. Usual bollocks only made interesting by Amber Bensons input.

    https://soundcloud.com/user-30221024...ect-reflection
    I want to listen because Amber Benson is on . . . but I just cannot listen to them anymore.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    Silver1 (18-07-18)

  17. #249
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,068
    Thanks
    1,715
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,006 Posts

    Default

    I listened to it and it was enjoyable.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  18. #250
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    It was one of their better, but only because of Ambers input. Next week JM is their guest for Fool for love, so I wonder If they're going to come across as indifferent to his character as they normally do? I suspect not.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (18-07-18)

  20. #251
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    It was one of their better, but only because of Ambers input. Next week JM is their guest for Fool for love, so I wonder If they're going to come across as indifferent to his character as they normally do? I suspect not.
    In one episode they raved about Mercedes McNabbs performance, about how amazing she was, what comic timing, what depth she bought to her character etc. etc. Not one word about JM's performance, when they were in countless scenes together. Mercedes is wonderful, but no more wonderful than JM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    Silver1 (18-07-18)

  22. #252
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    I know It's all about ones personal taste but I don't get the worship of her performance. Yes, she can be 'camp' but If anything I think as for as comedy performances go other actors have her beat. I mean NB and JM for a start.

    As I said be interesting how they're going to interview JM as they haven't any interest in him or his character.

    I'm sure they can muster up some fake fawning though.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    bespangled (18-07-18),Priceless (18-07-18)

  24. #253
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    I know It's all about ones personal taste but I don't get the worship of her performance. Yes, she can be 'camp' but If anything I think as for as comedy performances go other actors have her beat. I mean NB and JM for a start.

    As I said be interesting how they're going to interview JM as they haven't any interest in him or his character.

    I'm sure they can muster up some fake fawning though.
    Which is just why I cannot listen to it. They've ignored or criticised the character of Spike up to now, but suddenly they're going to have to talk about him, it's so fake. I'm really surprised they even want JM on their podcast.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

    Silver1 (18-07-18)

  26. #254
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    Well I suspect It's a case of even though they can't be arsed about his character they know many people do actually like him, and so to get more of an audience they're pandering to them.

    Also considering JM's take on the whole 'Angel was better for Buffy then him' bit I'm sure JM's views will fit right in with their world view.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (18-07-18)

  28. #255
    Slayer Priceless's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    6,566
    Thanked 6,055 Times in 2,917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Well I suspect It's a case of even though they can't be arsed about his character they know many people do actually like him, and so to get more of an audience they're pandering to them.

    Also considering JM's take on the whole 'Angel was better for Buffy then him' bit I'm sure JM's views will fit right in with their world view.
    You are totally right. They'll fawn over JM and they'll all agree Angel is great. It's so manipulative and makes you wonder what they really do feel about the show. I wonder if they've even watched it more than once

  29. #256
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    I just dislike their attitude, It's not so much about analyzing the show but wittering on about who they find attractive and other shows. You won't learn anything new or insightful from this lot of that i'm sure.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (18-07-18)

  31. #257
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,068
    Thanks
    1,715
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,006 Posts

    Default

    In the Family podcast, they talked about how they thought Tara and Spike should get more scenes together, and then Amber talked about the cramp scene in Older and Far Away and how Tara could be Spike's wingman. It was cute.

    I haven't really listened to many of their episode podcasts, I listened to Restless which annoyed me because of the way Xander's lines got nitpicked and criticized and how they completely missed the point of his dream. Then I listened to Real Me, and again was annoyed by the Xander hate, The Replacement was okay (though there was that weird discussion about Xander confiding in Willow and how he shouldn't have dumped his problems on her. I guess only Buffy is allowed to complain to Willow, 'cause Xander is a guy, he should just bottle his feelings inside and never talk to anyone... seriously, that's how I understood it) and now I listened to Family, which to be honest, was the best one so far.

    I agree that there wasn't much focus on Spike, but to be fair the episodes I listened to had minimum Spike appearances.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sosa lola For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (18-07-18),Silver1 (18-07-18)

  33. #258
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    Yes, but even in episodes Spike does have prominence Like 'Out of my Mind' they barely acknowledge his input, and when they do It's often negative just like their attitude to Xander.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (18-07-18)

  35. #259
    Moderator Sosa lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The basement
    Posts
    3,068
    Thanks
    1,715
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,006 Posts

    Default

    I haven't listened to that one. That's weird because there's a lot of Spike in that episode. He does try to kill Buffy, so I guess the negativity is to be expected. We'll have to wait for the Fool For Love podcast and the later ones where Spike is shown to be heroic.
    Made by Trickyboxes
    Halfrek gives Spike the curse that will change his entire life. Teenage Dirtbag

  36. #260
    Slayer
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 838 Posts

    Default

    I'm sure we'll hear the same old things about 'selfish love' etc, etc. As I said I expect nothing new or insightful from this bunch.

    He does try to kill Buffy, so I guess the negativity is to be expected.
    It's not that, from what I remember they barely mention him at all, It ends up being more about Harmony, yet again.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

    Priceless (18-07-18),Sosa lola (18-07-18)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •