Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Favourite Podcasts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Pop Culture Role Call's Him is out. It's a mixed bag. They didn't like the episode although they thought the comedy parts were fun. They were positive about Dawn and not happy with how Buffy treated her. Colin was so confused by it all, as Willow misses so much of the action and that was funny.

Stasia thought RJ and Buffy were so cringey that she had to ff through it. While listening to her I suddenly thought, well she is a Bangel fan and when the girl was 16 and the man much older, she didn't have a problem then. People have less issues with young girl/older guy then vice versa, even today.

In character wrap ups they decide that Buffy is getting worse .
    I love the fact that Colin thought the entire episode was an au. Stasia is still feeling upset about Anya, and still upset that they leave too many issues behind. She wants Buffy to be a better friend to Anya. Oh, and they were all furious at Buffy for slut shaming Dawn.

On the plus side she did say that souled Spike was like Angel. I hope that means she's realizing the need to drop the ar just like they dropped the death of Jenny. Colin and Mike are talking him up a bit. I am hoping that by "You're the one" she'll be back to loving him.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,675 Times in 4,173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    I love the fact that Colin thought the entire episode was an au. Stasia is still feeling upset about Anya, and still upset that they leave too many issues behind. She wants Buffy to be a better friend to Anya. Oh, and they were all furious at Buffy for slut shaming Dawn.

On the plus side she did say that souled Spike was like Angel. I hope that means she's realizing the need to drop the ar just like they dropped the death of Jenny. Colin and Mike are talking him up a bit. I am hoping that by "You're the one" she'll be back to loving him.
    I agree they wanted Buffy to be a better friend to Anya, but quickly forget that Buffy saved Anya's life in this very episode, and by the sounds of their conversation, she's been around a lot, saving Anya's life from the demons D'Hoffryn sends.

I think Stasia will only feel contempt for Spike from now on. She's so definitely a Bangel, I can't see her feeling anything real for Spike. I think she'll want Buffy to stake him after Sleeper and say that she was ready to kill Anya, she should do the same to Spike.

I think they missed the bigger themes within the episode, but it doesn't stop me enjoying it and I'll be listening to the bitter end

Thanks
    Thanked 2,103 Times in 809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I agree they wanted Buffy to be a better friend to Anya, but quickly forget that Buffy saved Anya's life in this very episode, and by the sounds of their conversation, she's been around a lot, saving Anya's life from the demons D'Hoffryn sends.

I think Stasia will only feel contempt for Spike from now on. She's so definitely a Bangel, I can't see her feeling anything real for Spike. I think she'll want Buffy to stake him after Sleeper and say that she was ready to kill Anya, she should do the same to Spike.

I think they missed the bigger themes within the episode, but it doesn't stop me enjoying it and I'll be listening to the bitter end
    Yeah - they won't see the other Spike start singing to trigger him. Nor will they see him being tortured. The mental illness thing did cut him some slack but it may not last. Besides Stasia is on the dislike Buffy train. And I to will stay to the bitter end. It's fun and it's funny even if I disagree.

I think there's a good chance they'll do Angel next. If they do, I'm going to join their Patreon. That'll be my first one.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,675 Times in 4,173 Posts

I think there's a good chance they'll do Angel next. If they do, I'm going to join their Patreon. That'll be my first one.
    If they do Angel there is every chance Colin will be Angel and I cannot handle that