Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Favourite Podcasts

Thanks
    Thanked 12,356 Times in 5,070 Posts

That's just because she's immersing herself in that character's pov, not having seen anyone else's scenes makes it easier, but there's nothing stopping anyone choosing to do the same by specifically thinking about it. Honestly it isn't that I don't understand I just really don't agree that it isn't something other viewers can choose to do. I don't believe that others couldn't talk with more focus and intensity about a single character perspective if they wanted to heavily look from one pov. Clearly it isn't something that anyone could do as you feel so strongly that it would be difficult, but someone who's very analytical or empathetic could. I just don't see it as only possible through this approach to focus like that, just easier. Let's just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Stoney; 16-04-19 at 10:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,832 Times in 704 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Sure I can't un-know it, but I'm capable of considering how the character would think if they didn't know those facts, and can be in fact helped too by considering what effect it has on my own perception to include the knowledge of what they don't know. Perhaps others don't think that's doable, but that is part and parcel of considering each character's pov when watching in my opinion. I do see what you're saying in that it simplifies it, to not know anything outside your own direct interactions with everyone. But we are also prompted through Buffy's responses to Spike to understand how she perceives him based on her reduced information too (just as the Stasia is being, she isn't getting any additional information to us). So we can also understand/consider what Buffy is feeling, what she knows and how that affects her responses to situations, events, other characters. I just don't think they are getting something that you can't choose to specifically consider yourself personally, it is just perhaps arguably easier for her. What does unquestionably change is that her knowledge of other characters as a viewer (totally separate to considering Buffy's pov) is being impaired. As I say, it'll be interesting to know if their thoughts change greatly when they view it all (and that could inform how much, if any, of their own feelings/pov played a part in their interpretations and perceptions of what the opinions/feelings of the character they are 'being' were).
    There are definite changes as the show goes on. Right now Stasia is struggling with her feelings for Spike, and losing badly. She knows he's an unsouled vampire and she shouldn't feel the way she does. But she is aware of how much he feels for her. This is quite different than what she felt before she jumped.

It's not the best way to view the show. I wouldn't recommend viewing this way to a friend. But it makes for a really interesting podcast, and it gives a new lens to view the characters.
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are. Proudly banned by the BB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (17-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,089 Times in 3,364 Posts

OMWF on Pop Culture Roll Call was really good. They loved it of course. Stasia really under-played that Spike's song was about his love for Buffy and didn't mention the ending at all. I don't think Colin had a clue there was anything after 'Where Do We . . . '

Thanks

I loved it - they were really taken by surprise. You're right - no kiss. So no kiss, and probably no Spuffy sex. I wonder WTF Stasia will talk ab out. Also, will Willow ever talk about putting Tara under her spell? I don't think anyone ever finds out about that.
    Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments...The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are. Proudly banned by the BB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-04-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,076 Times in 965 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    OMWF on Pop Culture Roll Call was really good. They loved it of course. Stasia really under-played that Spike's song was about his love for Buffy and didn't mention the ending at all. I don't think Colin had a clue there was anything after 'Where Do We . . . '
    So....whats the point of this idea then?

Graveyard Patrol Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 441 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    I loved it - they were really taken by surprise. You're right - no kiss. So no kiss, and probably no Spuffy sex. I wonder WTF Stasia will talk ab out.
    Me too. I think that for some parts she will go the route that Priceless suggested and pretend she had no scenes at all.

Also, will Willow ever talk about putting Tara under her spell? I don't think anyone ever finds out about that.
    I think Collin/Willow will confess it after the truth about the forgetting spell comes out in Tabula Rasa.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-04-19)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I actually didn't like the podcast this time :/

However, Colin's gasp and "What?" when Giles says his duet with Tara was about Tara saying she's leaving Willow was kind of funny ��

11. The Following User Says Thank You to seekingoutfriday For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,089 Times in 3,364 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seekingoutfriday View Post

However, Colin's gasp and "What?" when Giles says his duet with Tara was about Tara saying she's leaving Willow was kind of funny ��
    Why didn't you enjoy it seekingoutfriday?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    So....whats the point of this idea then?
    Mostly just fun to listen to. It's different from the usual accounting of what happened. The people are engaging. Because they are holding things back we get great reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seekingoutfriday View Post

I wanted more on the Buffy-heaven reveal. But I'll listen again - sometimes I need to do that.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (19-04-19),Silver1 (19-04-19)