Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Podcasts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 796 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Has anyone heard Pop Culture Role Call's Two To Go?
    Spoiler:
    I enjoyed it, though Stasia was quite critical of Buffy in not fighting Willow quick enough. She was also certain Bangel was endgame and Buffy should be with Angel at the end of the show. I think the last few episodes of S6 have really thrown her and she's actually mad with the show
    Yeah - I noticed they are all underwhelmed by the season ending as well. There's sort of a "let's get through it' attitude. As for Stasia, I wonder if Spike getting a soul will mean anything to her.
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-08-19),Silver1 (10-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,238 Times in 3,968 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    Yeah - I noticed they are all underwhelmed by the season ending as well. There's sort of a "let's get through it' attitude. As for Stasia, I wonder if Spike getting a soul will mean anything to her.
    If Stasia had always been a Spike fan then him getting a soul will mean a great deal, but she's always been a Bangel/Angel fan, so I don't think Spike getting a soul will be enough. I do hope Season 7 changes her mind, but I'm not sure it will.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

bespangled (10-08-19),Silver1 (10-08-19)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Still Dead have brought out there next episode. Lani is away due to her kid being in hospital, she has a substitute. Kelly Jones is good at running the show though

https://chipperish.com/2019/08/13/39...ning-s4-11-12/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

bespangled (13-08-19),Priceless (13-08-19),Silver1 (13-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,933 Times in 741 Posts

Has anyone heard Pop Culture Role Call's Two To Go?
    Spoiler:
    I enjoyed it, though Stasia was quite critical of Buffy in not fighting Willow quick enough. She was also certain Bangel was endgame and Buffy should be with Angel at the end of the show. I think the last few episodes of S6 have really thrown her and she's actually mad with the show
    I listened to parts of this but not with any great attention to detail so I must have missed these parts...does she say all this at the end or during the body of the review itself? I admit I didn't listen very carefully to it.
    buffylover made this stunning banner

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Buffy virgin have done Triangle. Though they got a guy on who doesn't seem to know or care much about the show for some reason

https://youtu.be/OXAYnOWfUpE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

bespangled (17-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    I listened to parts of this but not with any great attention to detail so I must have missed these parts...does she say all this at the end or during the body of the review itself? I admit I didn't listen very carefully to it.
    Stasia talked about how righteous Buffy was being prior to her fight with Willow and thought Buffy should just attack and get on with it. The bit about Buffy should end the show with Angel was at the end during the character wrap-ups I think, it's been a while since I listened to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BtVS fan View Post
    Buffy virgin have done Triangle. Though they got a guy on who doesn't seem to know or care much about the show for some reason

I finally gave up on them last week, and it sounds like they've finally given up on themselves

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

bespangled (17-08-19),SpuffyGlitz (14-08-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,153 Posts

Aren't they just the most useless bunch.

I honestly don't understand why they spend most of their time fixating on irrelevant details to this maddening degree. Oh that bloke bloke who keeps saying he doesn't understand why Spike is still around gets on my nerves...obviously.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

bespangled (17-08-19)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Chipperish media have done Living Conditions. It's interesting as Lani is still off so it's Noelle and Dr Kelly Jones from Still Dead.

https://chipperish.com/2019/08/15/87...ditions-s4-02/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BtVS fan For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-08-19)

Thanks

Chipperish media have done Living Conditions. It's interesting as Lani is still off so it's Noelle and Dr Kelly Jones from Still Dead.

https://chipperish.com/2019/08/15/87...ditions-s4-02/
    Yes I saw that, and will probably listen just to see what Noelle and Kelly are like as co-hosts without Lani

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (16-08-19)

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Lordy, just how many Buffy podcasts/youtube reacters/reviewers are there?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-08-19),SpuffyGlitz (16-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Lordy, just how many Buffy podcasts/youtube reacters/reviewers are there?
    There are loads! It's a testament to the greatness of this show.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

HowiMetdaSlayer (16-08-19)

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a testament to something, anyway.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-08-19),Stoney (16-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 796 Posts

Yes I saw that, and will probably listen just to see what Noelle and Kelly are like as co-hosts without Lani
    They are horrible together. They kept explaining things they both know as if the other was ignorant of the entire show. Noelle was awful - asking Kelly is she had watched Buffy, and if she listened to Still Pretty. Dumpster fire!
    Can we agree that the writers made everyone do and say everything with a thought to getting good ratings and being renewed. This includes everything we love as well as everything we hate.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (17-08-19),Priceless (17-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    They are horrible together. They kept explaining things they both know as if the other was ignorant of the entire show. Noelle was awful - asking Kelly is she had watched Buffy, and if she listened to Still Pretty. Dumpster fire!
    OMG that sounds horrendous. Perhaps I won't listen, I think it might be too cringey for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just started listening to Still Dead S4 Eps 11-12 and they are going in hard on Soulless, they really hate it. It's quite funny to listen to, as I thought Soulless was an okay episode, pretty middle of the road and there are much worse episodes

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (17-08-19)

Thanks

Pop Culture Role Call has finished S6

Spoiler:
    I fast forwarded through much of Colin's stuff because I find him difficult to listen to.

Stasia couldn't get over Giles coming back, but not coming to Xander's wedding, wondering if he'd even been invited. She has no clue what happens in this episode or what happens to Willow She does pronounce coven as ko-ven which was weird. She enjoys the writing of the disintegration of the Buffy/Willow friendship.

They all call out Xander for the way he tells Dawn about the attempted rape. I have to say Mike reads Xander really well. I wish he'd had the Willow part. I was sorry Stasia had no interest in Dawn, so all the Buffy/Dawn stuff at the end annoyed her instead of moved her.

I like that they don't know if Giles is dead or alive and they really have no clue how the next season is going to start. They thought the episode was weak for a finale

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,229 Times in 5,504 Posts

I assume you're just spoiler tagging for anyone who is also following the same podcast so I'll follow suit.
    Spoiler:

Well if you haven't watched everything I really don't think you can declare whether it is a good season finale or not, that's just weird.

I thought the idea was to try to be more focused on a specific character's pov, possibly then better understanding the character perspective at each point. That's in theory of course and it was never one that I agreed with, but wasn't that the experiment? Did Stasia at least get the importance of it all to Buffy and talk about that at all?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 560 Posts

They can compare it to the other season finales they have seen. I do think Stasia gets it.

I enjoyed the episode (as always! LOL). Personally I think Collin makes a good Willow and I enjoy listening to him.

About the previous episode: I don't think Stasia is certain Bangel is endgame; I think she wants it to be endgame because she's a Bangel at heart. It will be interesting to see how she reacts to the developments between Buffy and Spike next season.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (19-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,229 Times in 5,504 Posts

But they are missing a key part, assuming noone saw anything of what happened with Spike. That's a really significant aspect of the finale to not know about and yet judge it despite.

I will be interested to hear how she responds to Spike in S7. Does she talk in terms of what she thinks and what she thinks Buffy feels then, as herself and the character separately?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (19-08-19),SpuffyGlitz (19-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 560 Posts

Of course they didn't see any of it, because none of the Scoobies was present for that scene. They can only talk about what their characters actually saw. That's the whole basis of the podcast. (And yes, I know this concept is not everyone's cup of tea. I know!)

They do separate their own feelings and their character's. It's not role play.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

Stoney (19-08-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,153 Posts

As I've said before what a bloody stupid idea. To me It's akin to reading a book with half the pages ripped out and then somebody asking you how the story went. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by Silver1; 19-08-19 at 06:36 PM.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

BtVS fan (19-08-19),Stoney (19-08-19)