View Poll Results: Will you watch the premiere of "Runaways"?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 42.86%
  • No

3 21.43%
  • Maybe

1 7.14%
  • I'm not paying for Hulu just for this!

4 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's "Runaways" with James Marsters set to premiere on Hulu on Nov. 21, 2017.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,901 Times in 4,284 Posts

Yes did you see JM's tweet about no knowing what was going to happen and only watching as a fan? I hope that's not a bad sign, and he will reappear in the finale.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,228 Posts

Maybe he won't.

But maybe in season 2?

https://www.cbr.com/marvels-runaways-renewed-season-2/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (05-01-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

Yep, season 2 of Runaways was confirmed today. And it will be a 12 episode season too. Lets hope Victor survives now. *g*
    Last edited by Silver1; 09-01-18 at 12:00 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

betta (09-01-18),GoSpuffy (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 409 Posts

Just to add Amy Acker's The Gifted is also coming back for S2 on Fox as well. She's pretty damn under-used but otherwise it's one of the strongest X-spin-offs I've seen.

Also as said in the other thread, SHIELD probably has a shot for S6 and Inhumans is all but confirmed cancelled.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-01-18),Silver1 (09-01-18)

Thanks

I've not managed to watch The Gifted, but friends tell me it's good. Is it too much of of a teen show, or have they got the balance between adult and teen characters just right? I am enjoying Runaways because it isn't centred totally on the teens, and in fact the adults, imo, are much more well rounded and interesting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I've not managed to watch The Gifted, but friends tell me it's good. Is it too much of of a teen show, or have they got the balance between adult and teen characters just right? I am enjoying Runaways because it isn't centred totally on the teens, and in fact the adults, imo, are much more well rounded and interesting
    There's only two main teens (Andy/Lauren) and a reoccurring third (Wes). The next youngest is Blink whom is about 21-25. Our other 3 main mutants (Eclipse, Polaris, Thunderbird) are slightly older. Amy's character, her husband and a few of the antagonists are the oldest-ranging from mid 30s-50s. There's one teen romance but it's as eye-rolling to everyone else as it is to the audience. Amy is dragged down somewhat by being one of the few still trying to cling to a "Normal Life" which is doomed on S1 of a show about mutants; but even then she uses medical training and is fairly reasonable about letting her kids get trained and help with their powers. They also told us why the family is Special about halfway through so her reluctance to have her kids in the field more does have context-though you know eventually they're going to unleash. There's also a fairly strong setup for next season already in place with quite a faithful comic adaption, some spoilers obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOOk1cy9ww

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanSlayer View Post
    There's only two main teens (Andy/Lauren) and a reoccurring third (Wes). The next youngest is Blink whom is about 21-25. Our other 3 main mutants (Eclipse, Polaris, Thunderbird) are slightly older. Amy's character, her husband and a few of the antagonists are the oldest-ranging from mid 30s-50s. There's one teen romance but it's as eye-rolling to everyone else as it is to the audience. Amy is dragged down somewhat by being one of the few still trying to cling to a "Normal Life" which is doomed on S1 of a show about mutants; but even then she uses medical training and is fairly reasonable about letting her kids get trained and help with their powers. They also told us why the family is Special about halfway through so her reluctance to have her kids in the field more does have context-though you know eventually they're going to unleash. There's also a fairly strong setup for next season already in place with quite a faithful comic adaption, some spoilers obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOOk1cy9ww
    Thanks for this, you've made me think it's quite an interesting show. Like all these shows, I know nothing going in, as I haven't read the comics, so it's all new to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Thanks for this, you've made me think it's quite an interesting show. Like all these shows, I know nothing going in, as I haven't read the comics, so it's all new to me.
    Heh. Since you watch SHIELD I'm also assuming you saw AoU. The family on The Gifted is The Struckers. Yes same as the dead guy in AoU; whose son was the frat boy turned brain vegetable in SHIELD. There is a comic relation there but somehow Fox and Disney were both allowed to use the name. The Gifted explores the mutant side of the family tree rather then the human.

Slayer
    Thanks

Personally I couldn't bare AoS. It rapidly bored the life outta me sadly. I'm yet to see Gifted though.

As for the finale of Runaways, Hmm, not bad but didn't finish with a big enough cliffhanger imo.

I'm hoping we'll see Victor Stein in season 2 and that JM will be the one playing him as I still find it really odd his arc was dumped so early on and that once in that box, well, If the writers really pushed it I imagine they could say the healing process changed him and maybe swop actors? I dunno. Maybe I'm being paranoid here. *g*
    Last edited by Silver1; 09-01-18 at 04:52 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-01-18)

Thanks

I'm hoping we'll see Victor Stein in season 2 and that JM will be the one playing him as I still find it really odd his arc was dumped so early on and that once in that box, well, If the writers really pushed it I imagine they could say the healing process changed him and maybe swop actors? I dunno. Maybe I'm being paranoid here. *g*
    Haven't seen the finale yet. I am really hoping you are just being paranoid because I would miss JM if he were not to appear in S2

Slayer
    Thanks

Yeah same here.

- - - Updated - - -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmhCI1Tx3ew

For those who are interested there's this new interview with JM yesterday with the kids on one of those youtube channel's, and he says that Victor was supposed to die...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (09-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,832 Times in 5,730 Posts

Interesting he's yet again played a character that the writers have changed their decision to kill off. This makes me even more determined to take the trial membership and watch S1. I'm really pleased for JM and hope there is another great extension given to his character.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (10-01-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

I can't get this nagging feeling outta my mind that they might use the whole box healing thing as an excuse to change actors, but we'll see. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks

I wonder if JM would be so happy to be plugging the show if he weren't coming back for S2, so I'm hanging on to the hope that he will be back

And thank you for posting that video Silver1, JM comes across as a sweetheart

Slayer
    Thanks

Sadly actors are the last to know and I think poor old JM is well outta the loop on this.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Personally I couldn't bare AoS. It rapidly bored the life outta me sadly.
    Let me guess - you're one of those people who gave up during the first 5-10 episodes of season 1?

But why would they do that? Unless JM asks for a huge amount of money or something... and I've never heard of him causing such problems before.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Slayer
    Thanks

Maybe they don't think his face fits after all? Want someone younger now? Christ only knows. But as I say I'm hoping I'm wrong. It's just after watching the series and how Victor was dumped to one side halfway through I'm just getting these 'vibes' thats all.

Let me guess - you're one of those people who gave up during the first 5-10 episodes of season 1?
    I watched all of season one and then bailed midway season 2. It bored the hell outta me.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the showrunners said in an interview.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/marvels-runaw ... 47734.html

We saw a glimpse of the capsule that Victor is in. Are we going to see him next season?
    Savage: Victor will spend some time in Jonah’s box, but he’ll be coming out one way or another. But what that actually means in terms of who Victor is and what his allegiances are remain to be seen.
    "One way or another. Don't like the sound of that.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

GoSpuffy (11-01-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,832 Times in 5,730 Posts

AHA! Syfy have got the first season. I'd never gotten round to subscribing to Hulu, although I would have, and now I don't have to.

18th April 9pm #RunawaysOnSyFy

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (07-04-18)

Slayer
    Thanks

I do hope JM is included in season 2 as I'm still getting dodgy vibes from that. I believe that everyone in the cast has been announced except for him.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (07-04-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    I do hope JM is included in season 2 as I'm still getting dodgy vibes from that. I believe that everyone in the cast has been announced except for him.
    Well that doesn't sound very hopeful But maybe it's a tease, the show not wanting to spoil a big storyline that he's a part of? Or is that just wishful thinking

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (07-04-18)