View Poll Results: Will you watch the premiere of "Runaways"?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 42.86%
  • No

3 21.43%
  • Maybe

1 7.14%
  • I'm not paying for Hulu just for this!

4 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Marvel's "Runaways" with James Marsters set to premiere on Hulu on Nov. 21, 2017.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,103 Times in 2,462 Posts

Just found this on You Tube, posted yesterday. JM is filming for Runaways, so this sounds pretty positive . . .

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (17-04-18),GoSpuffy (17-04-18),MikeB (17-04-18),Silver1 (16-04-18),Stoney (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 455 Posts

I've actually seen a couple posts on tumblr from people saying Hey, I didn't know the guy who plays Victor Stein was on BTVS!

For what it's worth, I kinda spoilered myself, and he does come back in season 2. At least that's what I read. Also the new season will be 13 episodes instead of 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Ready to take a stand? @Marvel's Runaways | Starts 18 April 9pm. #RunawaysOnSYFY

Posted on Marsters Twitter - I think it's a go!
    Last edited by bespangled; 16-04-18 at 10:54 PM.
    ďA screaming vampire is always the center of attention.Ē― Terry Pratchett, The Truth

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (16-04-18),Silver1 (16-04-18)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 723 Posts

I think thats for season 1 airing in the UK.

Thanks

crap on toast
    ďA screaming vampire is always the center of attention.Ē― Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bespangled View Post
    I've actually seen a couple posts on tumblr from people saying Hey, I didn't know the guy who plays Victor Stein was on BTVS!
    James Marsters got further fame from playing Piccolo in Dragonball: Evolution .

Michelle Trachtenberg got a lot further fame after showing up in Gossip Girl .

For those who were too young to remember all the media attention BtVS got, they probably wouldn't know James Marsters was in BtVS.

BtVS ended in 2003 C.E. For someone in their teens or even early 20s, unless they watched the series, they might not know James was in it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (17-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 1,986 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    James Marsters got further fame from playing Piccolo in Dragonball: Evolution .

Michelle Trachtenberg got a lot further fame after showing up in Gossip Girl .

For those who were too young to remember all the media attention BtVS got, they probably wouldn't know James Marsters was in BtVS.

BtVS ended in 2003 C.E. For someone in their teens or even early 20s, unless they watched the series, they might not know James was in it.
    Who the heck even knows about Dragonball: Evolution?

BtVS is far from forgotten. Go to YouTube - just within the last few months, several reaction channels have been doing Buffy reactions and those reactions are very popular, with a lot of comments. That's unusual for past shows - usually people choose popular current shows for reactions. The only other past and finished show that gets chosen by multiple reaction channels is Lost.

Casual fans, however, probably don't know actors' names, and JM looks very different in Runaways from what he looked like in Buffy - both because he's older and because his hair, makeup, costuming is completely different.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

bespangled (18-04-18),Double Dutchess (17-04-18),Priceless (17-04-18)

Thanks

My daughter thoroughly enjoyed BTVS, and didn't recognize JM when she watched Runaways. But she said she kept thinking vampire for some reason.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

Priceless (18-04-18),Silver1 (18-04-18)

Thanks

Marvelís Runaways: Gregg Sulkin interview

After watching the first two episodes of Marvelís Runaways season 2, we chatted to Sulkin over an international phone line earlier this week. Below is the transcript, which is totally devoid of spoilers...

I saw an interview where you were saying that James Marsters was a big gamer. It got me wondering, what kind of games does he play and did you get to join in at all?

Heís such a nerd. Heís such a gaming nerd. I donít think he would ever let me join in. I think heís probably more protective over his games than he is over his scripts, and heís one of the most hardworking actors out there. One of the most serious actors. He loves his games.

Hopefully this year, hopefully with season 2, Iíll maybe earn the right to play a game with him at lunch. Weíll see. I hope.

Letís hope so. Did you pick up any pearls of wisdom from him, and from Ever Carradine? Obviously they play your parents, what was that dynamic like?

And then James has definitely helped me on the... on the acting side, but also on the career level of how to deal with certain things at a young age. How to deal things like Ė I mean, I have my parents there too Ė but James is always giving me advice on being an actor, earning money, being an actor on a successful show. What to do and what not to do. What mistakes not to try and make. You know, so heís always been there for me when he can be, which Iíve always admired and been thankful for. Itís been cool to have two very experienced actors look out for me, both professionally and personally.

Plenty more at the link.

Plenty more to read at the link

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bespangled For This Useful Post:

flow (25-04-18),GoSpuffy (25-04-18),Priceless (25-04-18),Silver1 (25-04-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,759 Times in 1,146 Posts

Huh! Kids today. What's Hula? *

* Don't answer - I know.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TriBel For This Useful Post:

Priceless (25-04-18)