Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Spike ultimately wanted from B/Sin BtVS S6 vs. S7: demonmates vs. soulmates

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
    Well Buffylover, it looks like you have well and truly driven this thread off-topic. Not that it matters all that much, really.
    I'm not the only one.

Well you sure seem to be getting upset when people disagree with MikeB or point out why he's wrong.
    So where is the post when I say that 'everyone' should all accept MikeB interpretations then? Not upset more noticing the negativity and rudeness towards the user.

For quite a while now I've been meaning to open a thread about it.
    You should no one is stopping you. More negativity and humiliation. Who are you?

There was no tension in this thread until you got all defensive in post #6 of this thread and threatened to start reporting people. Nobody was being nasty or rude to MikeB, we were just pointing out how some of his ideas had no basis in canon. It was you who brought hostility and negativity to this thread. Not me, not Stoney, not KingofCretins.
    It wasn't going to end up with cupcakes, was it? you totally don't fool me. It's funnier enough I gave a link to a thread to Stoney how MikeB inspired me within my illustration. Guess what, guess who replied.

Also, you have no right whatsoever to demand people to start "thanking" you for your posts. Thanking is a completely personal choice and it's really nobody else's business why someone might dish out thanks or choose not to. Frankly, I'm a little appalled that you feel entitled to have your posts thanked or that you demand an explanation why some posts were thanked and not others, as though it's any of your business at all.
    I'm also little appalled how you have the audacity that people's post shouldn't be respected.

You and TTB don't understand my attention it's not about not getting thanked it's more of the person THE connection with the user especially Stoney within the fanart. But you don't know this so it's like a punch to the stomach. Now I know she clearly doesn't have that respect that I thought she did towards me as a user.

I don't think anyone here feels actual feelings of hostility towards MikeB. I wouldn't wish any actual hardships on him in real life. However, his bizzare opinions invite criticism, that's a simple fact. Don't make me (or others) out to be the bad guy when we point out where his weird ideas don't line up with canon.
    So where is the professionalism? the welcoming, the appreciating, and the positivity.

As for him being an "outcast", I don't think he's trying to win any popularity contests here, I suspect being well liked isn't high on his priority list, hence his "unique" posting style. So long as he can continue to praise Spike and bash Angel, I don't think Mike much cares what other people think about him.
    So do you admit that you 'outcast' him because he doesn't care? It's also you need to relise it's more people on the forum for example (me) that don't want to see this on a discussion forum I thought we were all mature and adults.

If a moderator posted in this thread, their words would certainly carry more weight than yours.
    So you don't respect my feelings then?

This is the last time I'm going to address this point. At no point did I suggest that *you, personally* were a Flat-Earther.

I was using Flat Earth Society as an example, because it was the most ridiculous worldview that I could think of. My point is, that if you *wanted* to be a Flat Earther in this completely hypothetical situation, then that would be your right. You can believe whatever you want and express whatever opinions you want.
    So why do I want to be a flat-earther? you must think that I was. Hence my conclusion you did try insulted me.

However, you cannot expect other people to mollycoddle your opinions or treat them as valid.
    But, maybe show some curtsey and respect maybe? Is that so hard?

Some people claim to be "otherkin", animal spirits in human bodies. If they want to believe that fantasy, that's fine. But they cannot expect me to buy into their bullshit and treat it seriously.
    No one is telling you to take it seriously but consider someone feelings maybe and the forum.

MikeB can come up with whatever bizzare fanon he wants if it helps him get greater enjoyment out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But he cannot expect us to treat his interpretation as the correct one. He often asserts his opinions as facts, and when that happens he's just asking for his opinions to be picked apart.
    He can surely do his own interpretation of the show.

I find it a little weird that you're getting more offended over this than MikeB usually does, buffyfan.
    Yeah because it's not just MikeB on the buffyforums remember we are all Buffyfans.

There's no bitterness, in fact a lot of Mike's posts bring me great joy. The Acathla spell is the best meme, and I'll always be greatful to him for it.
    I thank him also for inspiring me towards my fanart.

As for why he always needs to give reasons for editing his posts, it's not "bothersome", but it is kinda amusing how OCD it is. If I edit this post to fix a spelling error or something, do you think people actually care or want to know why I edited the post? Of course not. I do find it kinda funny that he's got this compulsion to catologue such a useless bit of information when it's clearly there for his own benefit, not for anyone else's.
    Is that not what it's meant for? Again petty easy targeting negative scorning.

Sexual dimorphism is a real thing, and frankly I'm not sorry if saying so flies in the face of today's PC snowflake culture. Why do you think men and women's professional sports are separated? Don't get me wrong, Rhonda Rousey could kick the shit out of most guys in the general population if she needed to. But Fred and Dawn are no Rhonda Rousey. Neither are Billy or Andrew for that matter, so where does sexism come into it?

Nick Brendan is a bigger, stronger guy than Amy Acker or Michelle Trachenberg, anyone with common sense would recognize that he is probably more physically capable than them. The same goes for the hypothetical skinny teen Billy is based on, and I'd wager that Andrew is supposed to be weaker than Tom Lenk actually is.

I do find it somewhat tasteless to speculate on how well a normal human male character could beat up a normal human female character, but MikeB is the one who brought that topic up in the power-level thread, not me. I just pointed out how ridiculous it was that Xander would rank beneath Dawn/Fred/Andrew/Billy.
    "Really, I think that within my personal perspective I love women empowerment I have to admit I really dislike the attitude and stating and automatically assuming female is weaker and that the male would win because of their Physique this sounds sexist. I dislike it but, I respect it if you think that. Because a female could be creative, smart and a survivalist or even stronger! Hence why I think Mike B was trying to state Freds is a survivalist which is a feat."

The general gist of that thread was "whom could beat whom". Fred could beat any other character in a physics test, Xander knows the most about construction, Willow knows the most about computers, Lorne has the best singing voice and Willy the Snitch can pour the best cocktails. Everyone has different skills that might be useful in different situations. But that's not what the thread was about. At least not until Mike wanked "power level" to really mean "how important is this character to Spike."
    Here is me thinking that is was more about feats like you see in comicvine.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,975 Times in 2,858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffylover View Post
    You and TTB don't understand my attention it's not about not getting thanked it's more of the person THE connection with the user especially Stoney within the fanart. But you don't know this so it's like a punch to the stomach. Now I know she clearly doesn't have that respect that I thought she did towards me as a user.
    I really don't understand this. I only originally responded because you asserted that I had thanked someone for a reason other than what I had. I didn't want to leave a misrepresentation/misunderstanding of my intent (to agree with King's points) left uncorrected, but it became more than that as you then wanted to address my emoji use with MikeB in the past. I considered the post you quoted and responded about it. But now it has moved on to my attitude towards you as a user/artist.

In terms of my respect towards yourself, I acknowledged the effort/time you put into the fanart section within my posts, I repeatedly praised your fanart and I acknowledged that even though I don't agree with MikeB's interpretation which inspired your piece I can still appreciate the piece itself. When you asserted that any appreciation I had would be 'wrong' I just didn't know what to reply because I wasn't dismissing where your inspiration came from but was saying I loved the piece regardless of whether or not I had any level of personal appreciation for what inspired it. I don't think I was disrespectful or dismissive towards your art or you as a user, far from it in fact.

I really don't understand what is going on here and I don't want to continue to engage in what feels to be a continuously shifting annoyance towards me. I haven't at any stage intended to disrespect you and I'd like to leave it with that clearly stated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (12-11-17)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 530 Posts

Buffylover, I've explained my position. Nobody has said anything nasty or personal towards MikeB. We have only critiqued his bizzare personal canon which is completely fair game. If you still feel the need to report us to the mods, please go right ahead. I've reported MikeB in the past for rudely saying "you need to watch episode X again" and as far as I'm aware nothing happened.

Nobody owes you a "thanks" for any of your posts. Nobody owes you an explanation for why they "thanked" someone's post.

Any person is welcome to whatever fantasies, delusions or ideas make them happy, but when they present these ideas as fact, they are open to criticism. While I think pretty much everyone deserves common human decency, not all ideologies deserve "respect." Some people think it's ok to use their phones in the theatre. Some people think everyone needs to know that they are really a raccoon spirit in a human body. Some people are against vaccinations. I don't owe these ideas my respect. I'll treat the people with basic decency, but I don't need to pretend that their ideas have any merit whatsoever.

No, we don't "outcast" MikeB. I think he does that to himself with the way he makes everything revolve around how awesome Spike is. I think he does that to himself when he posts in almost every single thread about how Angel should be killed. Or how all the female characters serve only to satisfy Spike's sexual desires. Or how if you disagree with his interpretation you need to watch the episode again until you agree with him. Or how anything he doesn't like is non-canon. Or how even the writers of the show/comic are wrong when they contradict him. And so on.
    Last edited by Vampire in Rug; 11-11-17 at 11:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I really don't understand this. I only originally responded because you asserted that I had thanked someone for a reason other than what I had. I didn't want to leave a misrepresentation/misunderstanding of my intent (to agree with King's points) left uncorrected, but it became more than that as you then wanted to address my emoji use with MikeB in the past. I considered the post you quoted and responded about it. But now it has moved on to my attitude towards you as a user/artist.
    Well, I'm sorry if you don't understand this I will make it clearer than. First of MikeB interpreted a specific interpretation, then clearly when I stated that I could see his vision it seem to me that the forum clearly showed a reaction by thanking 'Kingofcrentins'. I just thought you would maybe just appreciate my post based on our connection and respected it my visions that I could see MikeB interpretation, well you liked it through all of out my artwork.

In terms of my respect towards yourself, I acknowledged the effort/time you put into the fanart section within my posts, I repeatedly praised your fanart and I acknowledged that even though I don't agree with MikeB's interpretation which inspired your piece I can still appreciate the piece itself. When you asserted that any appreciation I had would be 'wrong' I just didn't know what to reply because I wasn't dismissing where your inspiration came from but was saying I loved the piece regardless of whether or not I had any level of personal appreciation for what inspired it. I don't think I was disrespectful or dismissive towards your art or you as a user, far from it in fact.
    It felt to me you only thank my art within the other side but, when I do try and discuss on this side you seemed to be cold with me for some reason showcasing a disconnection I should already know this from other incidences with you because it's not the first time.

I really don't understand what is going on here and I don't want to continue to engage in what feels to be a continuously shifting annoyance towards me. I haven't at any stage intended to disrespect you and I'd like to leave it with that clearly stated.
    I have now seen you differently.

Gosh... VIR basically just respect.
    Last edited by buffylover; 11-11-17 at 11:32 PM.

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 530 Posts

I have an idea. If I set up a PayPal account, and we can come to a fair arrangement that we both agree on, I'm willing to "thank" every single post you make from now on. What do you think is a fair price to pay me per "thanks"? It's obviously important to you, so for a small fee, I'm willing to offer you a guaranteed "thanks", every single time. I don't think you'll ever see a better deal than this.

Thanks

I have an idea. If I set up a PayPal account, and we can come to a fair arrangement that we both agree on, I'm willing to "thank" every single post you make from now on. What do you think is a fair price to pay me per "thanks"? It's obviously important to you, so for a small fee, I'm willing to offer you a guaranteed "thanks", every single time. I don't think you'll ever see a better deal than this.
    Cringe you are actually proven my point even more so thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,672 Posts

Buffylover, I've explained my position. Nobody has said anything nasty or personal towards MikeB.

You repeatedly hound him every time he makes a post or a thread, you make snide remarks about him in other threads when he’s not even posting, you’ve belittled him for explaining why he edits his posts, you've brought up several times now that he was banned from Slayalive, you've mocked him for having "OCD", and you were petty enough to call yourself an ‘Arbiter of Canon’ which is clearly a vindictive swipe at MikeB. You even just admitted that you’ve considered starting a thread about his Spike & Acathla theory knowing damn well that nobody but MikeB agrees with it. So what purpose could it possibly serve other than to give you the warped satisfaction of bullying and humiliating him over something that he said years ago?

You've even ridiculed him for typing like he's "on the spectrum" without ever considering that he might actually, ya know, be on the spectrum. It's f#cking laughable that you of all people can try and claim that nobody has said anything personal or nasty about him when he clearly annoys you and you haven't been at all shy in expressing that. People absolutely have said personal and nasty things towards MikeB, myself included, and you more than anybody, so at least own it.

The innocent act is cowardly and lame. There's plenty of people on here (including in this thread) that I don't like and have made personal attacks towards both publicly and in PM. Absolutely. How hard is it to admit that? Why lie? You can think buffylover's obsession with the 'Thanks' feature is embarrassing and lame (which it is) and that her lovey dovey "we must love and share everyone's opinion!" is a crock of shit (which it is) and still own up to the fact that there's a small group of you who do nothing but bully MikeB incessantly and pick him apart for fun – and you’re the ringleader. You're an absolute jerk to him and you know it.
    Last edited by vampmogs; 12-11-17 at 04:29 AM.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (12-11-17),Silver1 (12-11-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,975 Times in 2,858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffylover View Post
    Well, I'm sorry if you don't understand this I will make it clearer than. First of MikeB interpreted a specific interpretation, then clearly when I stated that I could see his vision it seem to me that the forum clearly showed a reaction by thanking 'Kingofcrentins'. I just thought you would maybe just appreciate my post based on our connection and respected it my visions that I could see MikeB interpretation, well you liked it through all of out my artwork.
    But I explained why I had thanked King, because I agreed with his reading of the scene. I didn't agree with MikeB's which you were supporting and that is why I didn't thank your post. That I appreciate your art I don't think means that I should support any ideas you agree with or post and your incorrect assertion/accusation of why I had thanked King was unfair and reasonable for me to want to correct the misrepresentation of my intent.

It felt to me you only thank my art within the other side but, when I do try and discuss on this side you seemed to be cold with me for some reason showcasing a disconnection I should already know this from other incidences with you because it's not the first time.
    But I haven't been cold to you. I've shown open appreciation in this thread for what you have done in the fanart section and for your art. Again, liking someone/their work shouldn't mean you have an obligation to show appreciation for anything they say or that they choose to support. I think I've been perfectly reasonable and shown my respect towards you by responding to the issues you have raised and praising your art which I love. If this has somehow made you see me differently I can't do anything about that but I really am not going to continue to pour time into an exchange which has become unnecessarily unpleasant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampmogs View Post
    The innocent act is cowardly and lame. There's plenty of people on here (including in this thread) that I don't like and have made personal attacks towards both publicly and in PM. Absolutely. How hard is it to admit that? Why lie? You can think buffylover's obsession with the 'Thanks' feature is embarrassing and lame (which it is) and that her lovey dovey "we must love and share everyone's opinion!" is a crock of shit (which it is) and still own up to the fact that there's a small group of you who do nothing but bully MikeB incessantly and pick him apart for fun – and you’re the ringleader. You're an absolute jerk to him and you know it.
    I'm a (he) but, that's okay.

About the 'THANKED' system this includes Stoney also.

I absolutely disfavor the thank system this is the reason why I missed the old forum layout because I always had favored giving out 'rep' to me it felt more professional somehow more private whilst the thank system to me seems more of an instrument of authority to certain members showcasing that some members feel their opinion are invalid. To me, it feels not genuine somehow especially on this side of the forum a petty game of showcasing a popularity contest. If it's Lame and embarrassing but, I'm sorry that's how I feel.

Stoney if you truly agree with 'Kingofcrentins' that's super all right because it's obviously just my problem and sensitivity within the thank system.

I wasn't trying to state that 'everyone' must love and share everyone's opinion it was more of respecting someone else's view. Disagree sure but, have that professionalism criticism mature Basically, it's in the (FAQ).

Thanks
    Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,513 Posts

My other most widely used forum has the following emotes to react with

• dislike
    • agree
    • disagree
    • funny
    • winner
    • informative
    • friendly
    • useful
    • optimistic
    • creative
    • wish I would have said that
    • come on man
    • best post ever

Just for scale and context. Our system here now is actually far less vulnerable to abuse than the rep system was. Interpreting a "thank"as a passive/aggressive dig at someone, that seems to be brought to the equation by the audience. I took it as Stoney sharing my sense of Buffy as essentially not suicidal. We have never known the character to love a Romeo & Juliet style self-destructive love; she could have jumped into Angeles arms, after all, could she not?

Banner by LRae12