Thread: I just got a puppy

Thanks

Default I just got a puppy

Also, I don't know why I haven't introduced myself since I joined in August. I am a 13-year veteran of Whedonesque, and somewhere in time, I was part of The Bronze and Bronze Beta. Was also on a James Marsters fan site, but I can't remember the name of it!

Anyway, see you around,

The puppy is sleeping on my foot.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-10-17),Stoney (13-10-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,976 Times in 2,858 Posts

What type of dog did you get? What age is it? Are you prepared for half your house gaining a 'chewed' look?

Thanks

I keep messing up in responding to this, and somehow keep wiping out my message.

Orion is a 12-week-old German shepherd/collie mix, or so I was told. I have my doubts, but we'll see as he grows.

He is the 5th in a line of dogs we've had. None of the other 4 had any behavior problems or chewed up anything they weren't allowed to. We still have one, a 10-year-old Catahoula leopard dog.

We don't really have to talk about my puppy. Just thought it would be a novel way to say "hi" to everyone.

Thanks

I was genuinely interested, animal lover and all. A German Shepherd/Collie mix sounds great. I like dogs to be proper big dogs.

Are you finding other places to roam now Whedonesque has shuffled off? Has it reduced your fandom time significantly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post

Are you finding other places to roam now Whedonesque has shuffled off? Has it reduced your fandom time significantly?
    No really cohesive places for fandom, I'm afraid. I feel like we're all dispersed, and may never have the spontaneity (whatever there was toward the end, anyway) that existed on that site. We would discuss Agents of SHIELD there as it aired. Only a handful of those people migrated here, so I feel like the show won't be as enjoyable now.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,142 Times in 1,411 Posts

It's great to see new faces (well, usernames) here!

I'm a big dog lover. I have two lovely dogs and an also adorable cat. The older dog was already an adult when I adopted him over 4 years ago, but my other dog was a 2 months old puppy when I found him abandoned, while walking my other dog, 2 years ago. Earlier I had also found my cat in a similar way, when he was a 6 weeks old tiny kitten (he weighed 800 grams then; now he's big - 6 kilos). My dogs are both smallish, so all three are roughly the same size.

You can discuss AoS at SpoilerTV. It's a really good website, with lots of AoS fans.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula1400 View Post
    No really cohesive places for fandom, I'm afraid. I feel like we're all dispersed, and may never have the spontaneity (whatever there was toward the end, anyway) that existed on that site. We would discuss Agents of SHIELD there as it aired. Only a handful of those people migrated here, so I feel like the show won't be as enjoyable now.
    Sadly these things seem to just get worse. As less people engage less people put time aside for what remains and so it continues. This site used to be really very busy and sadly now it is very much not.

Thanks

Trying to attach a photo, because puppy. Not sure this will work.

IMG_3611 copy.JPG

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-10-17),TimeTravellingBunny (21-10-17)

Thanks

Hello, Nebula1400.

And welcome to the forum I hope you do enjoy your stay. If any chance you are into fanart? I'm a lurking around those threads so it would be a warm welcome from me! I hope you stay around it's truly nice to see new members.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (07-11-17)