Thread: "Wonder Woman" (2017)

Thanks

Default "Wonder Woman" (2017)

This is better than the Wonder Woman animated movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186373/?ref_=nv_sr_8 --that's a very high compliment. She's more nuanced and textured than in all the animated DC movies and TV shows adaptations combined. She's smart, feminine, bad-ass, resourceful, a tactician, beautiful, etc.

Wonder Woman isn't a Kryptonian; that apparently was the original plan for the movie.

She's an actual god (a daughter of Zeus).

Like in Batman vs. Superman , she doesn't fly; however, it's hinted that she's much more powerful than she's shown even in BvS : she simply hasn't fully 'tapped into' her powers.

It is beyond irritating that Marvel hasn't put out a female-lead superhero movie. It's no wonder--pun intended--that Joss Whedon ended up at DC.

I recommend everyone watch this movie: I've already highly recommended it to all my friends and family who haven't seen it yet.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

buffylover (06-06-17)

Thanks

The only movie that intrigues me to actually go to the cinema and see this movie! the only negative I don't know much about Wonder Woman where do you even begin?

Thanks

The movie fully explains Wonder Woman's origins. The only thing left ambiguous is the level of her true powers. Even in Batman vs. Superman , I don't recall WW even flying.

Wonder Woman is cleverly done, as it gives the leeway to make her more powerful than Superman.

With Joss Whedon involved in post production for Justice League --including writing and directing new scenes-- and with Joss Whedon making Batgirl , the pieces are there to make the DC movieverse more female-lead.

Suicide Squad was marketed with Margot Robbie's hotness and it being more comedic than the dour prior DC movies. Wonder Woman was marketed with WW being heroic and bad-ass.

It is very disheartening that the initial estimates were it would make only $60MM domestic opening weekend. It only topped $100MM because of excellent reviews and 'word of mouth'.

I was shocked when researching showtimes when I saw how relatively few showtimes it had.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:

buffylover (07-06-17)