Thread: Twin Peaks : The Return (2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,907 Times in 2,823 Posts

Default Twin Peaks : The Return (2017)

I've got the first episode sat recorded, just waiting for me to dive back in. I've been very excited about this, I *loved* it when I was a teenager. Is anyone else watching the new series?

Hopefully I'll get time to see the first episode tonight. Although my husband made noises about wanting to watch Fire Walk With Me before starting the new series because he hasn't seen that yet. I'm not sure I'll wait for him though.

Thanks

How is it related to the first series? Is it a sequel?

Thanks

It's a continuation from the two seasons that aired in the 90s, but I think is intended to be limited to just this extra season. I don't know much about it tbh, as I avoid spoilers for shows like crazy, but there is a wiki entry (here ) if you want more info. A lot of the original cast members are returning for it, which is very cool. All I know is that Agent Cooper returns and there are eighteen episodes in the season.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,396 Posts

I'll be watching, but I hope to be able to rewatch at least the final episode of the show before that. Maybe the movie, too? But I remember most of the events of the movie (and the revelations from the show) well already.

I loved Twin Peaks back in the day, and adored the first season and first 9 episodes of the second, but I was never able to watch all the episodes, because the show got so, so bad after Laura's murder was resolved. For a long time, I preferred to pretend that episode 2.9 was the series finale. I tried to finally watch the entirety of season 2 a couple of years ago, and again gave up. In the end, I just watched the last couple of episodes, so I finally saw the infamous cliffhanger of season 2 finale. I still don't know exactly how it got to that point and what the BS with Windom Earle, Annie and chess was all about, let alone all the other weird storylines, but if I need to know that, I'll check it on Wiki and just rewatch the finale.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Thanks

I really should rewatch the lot as it has been years since I saw it and I probably only remember the rough goings on throughout. But I'm not sure I can contain myself and ignore it sat on my Sky box long enough to go through it all from the start. I'm sure I remember the first season better than the second but I didn't mind the latter's later weirdness. Well, as I remember it anyway I didn't (maybe I've blocked some of it out, ha). I definitely remember the finale well so I don't need to recap that.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Well I've watched the first four episodes now and I think It's superb.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

Stoney (26-05-17)

Thanks

Excellent to hear. I haven't downloaded the extra on demand episodes, I just figured I'd continue recording them each week so I think I only have the initial double ep waiting for me. Hopefully I'll get to see it this weekend.