Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Season 11 Thread - Discussion, Speculation and News

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Thats a very nice couple of cover arts. The Angel one is particularly inventive.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,925 Times in 799 Posts

Dark Horse July 2017 Sollicitations

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04...iac-starforce/

Spoiler:
    Angel Season 11 #7

Featuring Angelus and Darla!

Corinna Bechko (W), Zé Carlos (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Stephanie Hans (Variant cover)

On sale July 19
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Ongoing

On a ship filled with zombies, pirates, and a plague of zombie-creating beetles, Angel is torn between saving his past evil self—to save his own future—and making sure that the ship he is on never reaches land.

“If the past is haunting Angel, there’s no telling where this story can go, but I’m eager to see where. The story is intriguing and the art top notch.”—SciFiPulse

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #9

Christos Gage (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Dexter Vines (I/Variant cover), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale July 19
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Ongoing

The great escape is underway as Buffy, Faith, and Willow infiltrate headquarters at the Safe Zone. Everything and everyone they expected to stop their mission is in the way. The question is, can two powerless girls and one Slayer succeed with these ridiculous odds? Elsewhere: unexpected vampire complications . . .

• Featuring everyone’s favorite “bad” Slayer, Faith Lehane!

“Any Buffy fan is going to be stoked about this new series, Season 11, and a new story arc of awesomeness!”—ComicWow!TV

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus: Season 8 Volume 1 TP

Joss Whedon (W), Brian K. Vaughan (W), Drew Goddard (W), Jeph Loeb (W), Georges Jeanty (P), Karl Moline (P), Paul Lee (P), Cliff Richards (P), Andy Owens (I), Dave Stewart (C), Michelle Madsen (C), and Jo Chen (Cover)

On sale Sept 13
    FC, 592 pages
    $24.99
    TP, 6” x 9”

Series creator Joss Whedon brought Buffy the Vampire Slayer back to life with this comics-only follow-up to Season 7 of the television show. Aptly named Season 8, these comics are the official sequel to Buffy and continue where the live-action series left off with the Slayer, her friends, and their ongoing challenge to fight the forces of darkness. This oversized omnibus edition is one of two volumes that will contain the entirety of Season 8. Contains Buffy Season 8 Library Edition Volumes 1–2 (excluding sketchbook materials), all series covers (Buffy Season 8 #1–#20), the Willow one-shot Goddesses and Monsters, and the “Always Darkest” short from MySpace Dark Horse Presents #24.

• A New York Times bestseller!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Big Bads & Monsters Adult Coloring Book TP

Karl Moline (A/Cover), Georges Jeanty (A), Pablo Churin (A), Yishan Li (A), Newsha Ghasemi (A), Stephen Byrne (A), and others

On sale Sept 6
    b&w, 96 pages
    $14.99
    TP, 10” x 10”

Demons, horror, and fantasy fill these original illustrations based on Joss Whedon’s cult-classic television series. Inside this volume focused on their greatest foes, you’ll find heroes Buffy, Willow, Xander, and Giles fighting to save the world from the likes of the Master, Angelus, Spike, Drusilla, and other supernatural beasts and beings. Features forty-five original black-and-white illustrations.

• Celebrating the twentieth anniversary of Joss Whedon’s cult-classic television series!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (18-04-17),Clavus (18-04-17),Silver1 (17-04-17),Stoney (18-04-17)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Come on, another Jeanty issue?! I thought he was going to do, like, one or two, not quarter ( or more! ) of the season! As to the blurb...I don't know, it sounds boring. Wasn't this season supposed to be focused on Buffy, Willow and Spike? Why so much Faith?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,797 Times in 2,768 Posts

I can see why they'd call Faith in if they are wanting superpowered back up. It also keeps the character current to pull her into one of the titles during the season. I doubt she'll take much page space for herself specifically.

I wonder what the vampire complications could be. Maybe Dru will get herself caught and thrown in and we'll finally get a canon meet up between Spike/Dru since he was souled. I reckon the indications that the vamps can visually go more feral when starved is going to be the thing. The chance to make Spike's inner struggle with being monstrous visually exposed and drive a further sense of distance from that belonging that he had carved could work. Or it could be that the level of risk in going back in, where there is such a huge concentration of starving vamps, is all it is going to be. We previously had the vamp trying to break out of the dome by flying up and there are bats on the cover, so maybe there will be a link with the newer vamp powers.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,797 Times in 2,768 Posts

Jeanty, who is back for #9, has popped a pencil preview on Instagram. I suppose it is a little bit spoilery, but nothing surprising.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTl3mz9Bz6I/

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (03-05-17),American Aurora (04-05-17),BAF (03-05-17),Rihannon (03-05-17),Silver1 (03-05-17)

Slayer
    Thanks

Angel # 5 preview pages.

http://www.newsarama.com/34387-darla...5-preview.html

Spoiler:
    DARLA Returns In ANGEL SEASON 11 #5 Preview

By Newsarama Staff May 8, 2017

An old face, in an older time, returns in a preview of May 24's Angel Season 11 #5.

Angel Season 11 #5

Writer: Corinna Bechko
    Artist: Ze Carlos
    Colorist: Michelle Madsen
    Cover Artist: Scott Fischer

Chasing the moment in the past that will bring disaster to the future, Illyria transports Angel and Fred to a new time period . . . One where the pair will have to strive to avoid Angelus, Darla, and pirates on the high seas as they search for a precious artifact that could lead to saving the future!

Publication Date: May 24, 2017
    Format: FC, 32 pages; Ongoing
    Price: $3.99

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

Rihannon (09-05-17),TimeTravellingBunny (09-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,371 Posts

Well, that's certainly a way to get me interested! But now I'm also dreading that she and their relationship won't be written well. Didn't someone say that this writer didn't really watch the show?
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

Slayer
    Thanks

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (11-05-17),American Aurora (11-05-17),betta (11-05-17),Clavus (12-05-17),Rihannon (11-05-17),Stoney (11-05-17),TimeTravellingBunny (10-05-17)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

3.5 seasons and they can't remember Will has green/hazel eyes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (11-05-17)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

N-no! Not a-again! No! Her eyes are green! Green!

T-they can't keep getting away with this!

Well, actually...they look kinda brown-ish, like it's brown mixed with green or something...hmm.... And looking at that preview, honestly, I don't know, they still look kind of green-ish to me, like it's green mixed with gray because it's night or something. Whatever, as long as they're not, like, super blue I'm cool <puts down pitchfork>
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 11-05-17 at 02:56 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

betta (11-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,371 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    3.5 seasons and they can't remember Will has green/hazel eyes.
    Well, I guess if Angel could forgot the color of Buffy's eyes...
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

betta (11-05-17)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

He had just finished reading the old DH comics and was confused.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

betta (11-05-17),TimeTravellingBunny (11-05-17)

Thanks

* Regarding hair and eye color... Cordelia, Buffy, and Willow don't have tattoos.

- Didn't the child who played Buffy in "The Weight of the World" (B 5.21) have blonde hair and blue eyes? Buffy as a pre-teen or whatever is shown having brown hair ("Killed by Death" (B 2.18)). The Buffy of BtVS S1-S7 is probably brown-haired (although at times we clearly see SMG has black eyebrows and black roots.) Although, sometimes we see Buffy with blonde eyebrows.

Dawn has brown hair. Maybe Joyce is a 'bottle-blonde'?

Library Researcher
    Thanks

Buffy's a natural blonde.

Last edited by a thing of evil; 11-05-17 at 11:15 PM.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

The TV show is largely under the rules of it being a TV show. Exceptions are made because of things beyond the power of the production. The vamp characters all clearly age, for example, but we don't acknowledge it because no one calls attention to it. Similarly, actors playing young versions oft look nothing like the regular actor, sometimes the actors inexplicably gain 20 pounds of muscle in some shots and so on. The comics don't have that issue. It's supposed to be one of the positives of them. It's admittedly a petty complaint, but it's such a simple thing to get right.

I put the photograph of SMG and the actress in S2 in the same column as Buffy's shifting birth date and the changing address of the Summers house: production gaffes. The pilot script says she's blonde. She's blonde in all her alternate lives like The Wish and NA. The idea that Cordy, Spike, Angelus, Dawn or Faith never make a crack about it seems a stretch.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (12-05-17)

Slayer
    Thanks

Buffy Season 11 Comics for August 2017.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...s-august-2017/

Spoiler:
    Angel Season 11 #8

Corinna Bechko (W), Zé Carlos (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Stephanie Hans (Variant cover)

On sale Aug 30

FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Ongoing

Their escape from a ship full of pirate zombies leaves Angel and Fred on an uninhabited island. Knowing that their dead shipmates are not far behind, they seek refuge further inland, only to find they aren’t actually alone . . .

“Corinna Bechko, one of the best writers in comics these days, takes over as the scribe of this series and begins with things deliciously dark.”—SciFiPulse

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #10

Christos Gage (W), Megan Levens (A/Variant cover), Dan Jackson (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)

On sale Aug 30

FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Ongoing

Despite not knowing who their Big Bad is, Buffy and the Scoobies know where the fruits of his or her evil labors are—and they’re going in to destroy those fruits . . . er, maybe. Hopefully, along the way, they’ll figure out who—or what—is behind the plot to remove magic from the world in time to save magical beings everywhere!

Note,they have the wrong cover up for the Buffy # 10 variant which is why I didn't post it.They have the variant cover of issue 8

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

Stoney (24-05-17)

Library Researcher
    Thanks

who—or what—is behind the plot to remove magic from the world
    lmao it's Angel

Library Researcher
    Thanks

The rate they're going it'll be the Doctor. The real one, not the one that Spike totally, seriously wasn't in S6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    lmao it's Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    The rate they're going it'll be the Doctor. The real one, not the one that Spike totally, seriously wasn't in S6.
    Twilight, Part II
    The Doctor: The Revelation
    Octopussy

Spoiler:
    On the cover we can see several aquatic beings - including the dragon - trapped into bubbles, with some kind of device connected to their heads; the only one that isn't trapped is the octopus.

Before it started, Joss said something about environmental issues that would be dealt in this season; the Big Bad who manipulated the dragon into attacking SF maybe is interested in controlling the resources of water, because in these days, water is power. Now, why he/she would want to eliminate supernatural beings... I don't see any link between the two goals.
    Last edited by betta; 25-05-17 at 02:39 AM.

Library Researcher
    Thanks

There's a mouse or rat and what looks to be some kind of cat. It doesn't appear to be water-only.

Anyway, joking aside: W&H. Last time we saw tentacles was the Tin Can thing in S9 and they established wanting to come back last run.