Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Season 11 Thread - Discussion, Speculation and News

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

The covers are done way before the scripts are written. He was probably told draw a bunch of animals with weirdo robo-helmets.

Easy to control. Probably simple to make a magic bear or something attack and kill a town of people and blame it on vamps.

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 531 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    And you! I bet you didn't even read Willow: Wonderland you...casual.
    Casual? Ha. I've been part of this fandom far longer then you. Pretty sure I've read every Buffyverse comic ever published, with the exception of a couple that weren't included in the omnibuses.

Admittedly, I forgot about the aquatic breathing spell in Wonderland. I don't remember much from that book, I found it to be pretty boring.

So yeah, I guess breathing underwater was established as part of Willow's skill set one time -along with Wolverine level healing, flying, telekenises, pyrokineses, teleportation, magic Skype and probably talking to fish. I still find it awfully convenient and situational, but I guess it's still not the laziest thing the writers have done with Willow's powers.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Willow doesn't actually do the spell in that book. Fishy does it to her, but I guess that's all she needs.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,030 Times in 837 Posts

Preview pages for Angel # 8

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...gel-season-11/

Exclusive Look Inside Angel Season 11 #8 From Dark Horse Comics

Posted by Dan Wickline August 15, 2017

Today we have an exclusive look inside the upcoming eighth issue of Angel Season 11 from Dark Horse Comics. The issue is written by Corinna Bechko and drawn by Ze Carlos. I never got into Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but for some reason I started watching Angel and felt the fifth and final season was brilliant, especially the episode Smile Time. But the fact that here we are looking at season 11 is what really gives away how amazing Joss Whedon‘s shows are.

There are now more seasons in the comics than on television. That is remarkable for a story to find and thrive in a second medium. You can argue that a show is only as good as both the writers and the actors and David Boreanaz is great, being on television for 20 years straight, from appearing on Buffy and Angel from 1997 to 2004 then Bones from 2005 to 2017, and now going right into a new series with SEAL Team…but the Angel comics are thriving on the character he and Joss built together over the years without them being involved much now. That’s impressive.

ANGEL SEASON 11 #8
    Writer: Corinna Bechko | Artist: Ze Carlos | Colorist: Michelle Madsen | Cover Artist: Scott Fischer

Their escape from a ship full of pirate zombies leaves Angel and Fred on an uninhabited island. Knowing that their dead shipmates are not far behind, they seek refuge further inland, only to find they aren’t actually alone…

Spoiler:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (16-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Fred farted.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Preview pages for August 30's Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 11 #10.

https://www.newsarama.com/35976-big-...son-11-10.html

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silver1 For This Useful Post:

BAF (17-08-17),betta (17-08-17),Stoney (17-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

If there are no sharks with laser beams attached to their freakin' heads, I will be disappointed.

I don't know why they keep having Spike randomly biting things. We can see it's metal.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (17-08-17),Stoney (17-08-17)

Slayer
    Thanks

Here are the Buffy # 10 preview pages posted out

Spoiler:

Hmm

Spoiler:
    This feels like shades of Adam and The Initiative
    Last edited by BAF; 17-08-17 at 01:44 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (17-08-17),betta (17-08-17),Clavus (18-08-17),Silver1 (17-08-17),TimeTravellingBunny (17-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 2,864 Posts

It was nice to have some preview pages that didn't really spoil the issue. Nothing was revealed there that I hadn't expected from their comments when in camp, the end of the last issue and the cover of this one. I'm still not convinced it is just going to be the government and not multiple parties with the tendency for distrust/fear being heightened/used for another's agenda. The more I see the less I want just the government to be the big bad, it feels like it will be too shallow/predictable that way. I'm pretty pro the idea of the government being complicit but even totally manipulated because of the predictability of discrimination etc. Time will tell.

Agree @HardlyThere, the constant biting thing is somewhat ridiculous.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Clavus (18-08-17),Silver1 (17-08-17),TimeTravellingBunny (17-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

With only 2 issues left after this, I don't think they have enough time to introduce another entity.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HardlyThere For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (17-08-17)

Slayer
    Thanks

Cover and solicitation for Angel S11 # 11 which is out November 22(reminder,Buffy Season 11 ends in October).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...2017-solicits/

Spoiler:
    Angel Season 11 #11

Corinna Bechko (W), Geraldo Borges (A/Variant cover), Michelle Madsen (C), and Scott Fischer (Cover)

On sale Nov 22
    FC, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Ongoing

As the steam clears from Angel’s confrontation with the goddess Illyria, the trio find themselves back in the present where their time-traveling adventure began. Angel, Fred, and Illyria are finally ready to face what waits for them—as long as they all can let go of the past . . .

• The penultimate issue of Angel Season 11!

Angel Season 11 Volume 2: Time and Tide TP

Corinna Bechko (W), Zé Carlos (A), Michelle Madsen (C), and Scott Fischer (Cover)

On sale Jan 3
    FC, 104 pages
    $17.99
    TP, 7” x 10”

On a time-traveling mission to prevent an impending disaster, Joss Whedon’s ensouled vampire confronts his past self aboard a ship filled with zombies and a dangerous treasure. Collects Angel Season 11 #5–#8.

“Bechko has crafted a terrific tale.”—SciFiPulse

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

betta (17-08-17),Silver1 (17-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

So those tentacles on the cover are just...Mr. Handsy. I like how literal that is. Anyway, I like the biting. Spike's all slayer must always reach for her weapon. I've already got mine in "Fool for Love" but then he never actually uses that weapon. Totally lame, so I like that they rectified it. Bite all the things, Spike!

Thanks

Well, I've been saying since the very beginning that the Government took advantage of the dragon attack to push its agenda, or even worse, it was the responsible for it...

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (17-08-17),Clavus (18-08-17),Silver1 (17-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

That was the obvious conclusion from Issue 1. So obvious that they trick you to thinking they wouldn't do something so obvious. But joke's on you, they so would too.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 2,864 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    Wow, Spike's got some serious brows going on there! I can't believe I didn't notice that before, I'm surprised the water didn't make them run.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    That was the obvious conclusion from Issue 1. So obvious that they trick you to thinking they wouldn't do something so obvious. But joke's on you, they so would too.

What I've been reading is that the VP is the BB, not the Government as a whole, which includes the President and his staff and their primary policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Wow, Spike's got some serious brows going on there! I can't believe I didn't notice that before, I'm surprised the water didn't make them run.
    Wow, Megan went overborad with those...
    Last edited by betta; 17-08-17 at 11:58 PM.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Looks fine to me

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post
    What I've been reading is that the VP is the BB, not the Government as a whole, which includes the President and his staff and their primary policy.
    Same thing. In 8, it wasn't the military that was bad, it was just Vole and a large faction of personnel, not the DoD as a whole. No President is able to claim it was all the VP's fault.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post

looks fine to me
    no no no no no.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    Same thing. In 8, it wasn't the military that was bad, it was just Vole and a large faction of personnel, not the DoD as a whole. No President is able to claim it was all the VP's fault.
    In S8 was just a faction, now I think it's the people who are at the Office, the people who command the military - while there are factions that are working against the Government from inside.

And talking about the military: a few weeks ago, I was suspiscious about Riley and Sam, but I've just finished rereading S8, and one thing that was made clear is that Riley's loyalty lies with Buffy (while Angel chose "to be loyal" to the world).

We can say a lot of bad things about Riley like he resented Buffy's strength, or that he was prejudiced against demons and the likes etc, but I think he always respected her decisions. In S5, he didn't stake Spike for real because it wasn't for him to decide his fate, it was Buffy's, as well as when he came back in S6. So, I may be wrong - and won't be a first - but Riley (and Sam) are taking part of the faction that doesn't agree with the Government's plans for the supernatural beings/power takeover.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Clavus (18-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Yes, it was a faction, but when we discuss it, we say "the military". I'm sure there were people in the .gov against the idea of rounding up citizens and putting them in a big glass dome in Texas. I'm sure there was a split in Congress. But it passed. The President has to agree to it and Congress has to fund it.

I'm sure the VEEP will be the ringleader of it, but at that level and to the extent of which the plan was carried out, you can't say it was all on him. So we say "the government" even though it's doubtful SCJs were in on it.