Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Season 11 Thread - Discussion, Speculation and News

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

What's that old axiom? Change the channel and the pain will cease? Sure you can modify it for a print or digital reading format pretty easily. And for message boards, for that matter.
    I don't even understand what you're trying to say. Stop being pretentious and use plain English.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,937 Times in 2,838 Posts

I've just had an email from Dark Horse Digital that they have a sale on the comics, a lot of individual issues are down to $0.99. They have Buffy, Serenity and Angel & Faith included, as well as other series. I'm not sure how long it is running for or all that it applies to, but it is a bit of a reduction from what they charge per issue normally for the back issues (I think they tend to go down to around $1.99 normally, but I'm not sure) and a fair amount less than what they normally charge for the recent releases, BtVS I think is normally $3.99 when it is released. I've just had a quick look and all the ones of S11 are included in the sale. There is a link for the sale in the scrolling banner at the top of the Dark Horse Digital site. - https://digital.darkhorse.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Clavus (22-07-17),Vampire in Rug (23-07-17)

Thanks

Scott Fischer just liked my fan art work I did for the 20th-anniversary challenge, on my Instagram. I'm so thrilled because I truly find his art to be so impressive!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

betta (02-08-17),Silver1 (23-07-17),Stoney (24-07-17)

Thanks

BUFFY SEASON 11 #10 (MEGAN LEVENS VARIANT COVER)

Spoiler:

Despite not knowing who their Big Bad is, Buffy and the Scoobies know where the fruits of his or her evil labors are--and they're going in to destroy those fruits . . . er, maybe. Hopefully, along the way, theyll figure out who--or what--is behind the plot to remove magic from the world in time to save magical beings everywhere!

CREATORS

Writer: Christos Gage
    Artist: Megan Levens
    Colorist: Dan Jackson
    Cover Artist: Megan Levens
    Publication Date: August 30, 2017

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (03-08-17),BAF (03-08-17),buffylover (03-08-17),Clavus (03-08-17),Stoney (02-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

I admit, after all those speculations this is kinda anticlimactic. Oh well - the cover's pretty cool, nice wetsuits.

I can cast a spell of amphibiousness
    Last edited by a thing of evil; 03-08-17 at 12:00 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

betta (03-08-17)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 508 Posts

Of course there is a convenient spell that is entirely situational to this very moment. A spell that has never been mentioned before and likely will never be mentioned again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
    Of course there is a convenient spell that is entirely situational to this very moment. A spell that has never been mentioned before and likely will never be mentioned again.
    It happened in Willow: Wonderland, as pointed out by @a thing of evil: a witch from Aluwyn's coven cast the spell to allow Aluwyn and Willow go underwater, I don't have the book with me now, and I don't remember the details. Was it a spell, wasn't it?

Would this witch be involved with what's happening? I wonder why they are hidden underwater... will the water protect supernatural beings from the machine (when it is put to work)? Something in the magic making the water work like a shield?

Edit

It's an enchantment (in Wonderland ) that the witch is able to do and works on humans: to grow gills in beings that have an amphibious past. I think it's her power, not some spell one can learn.
    Last edited by betta; 04-08-17 at 03:10 AM.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

It's a back way in, probably through a cave. No reason to think any of it has anything to do with the Big Bad plan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyThere View Post
    It's a back way in, probably through a cave. No reason to think any of it has anything to do with the Big Bad plan.
    The season began with a dragon that can control the weather and has caused a destructive flood in San Francisco.

The water-breathers were also brought to camp and put on aboveground pools; in consequence, they were dying "in droves" - this was brought to attention twice in the season (and why take these creatures from their habitat? Yeah, they're supernatural, but what harm they could do if they can't survive out of water?).

Then, there's this cover, with aquatic animals trapped in bubbles with a device strapped to their heads - including the dragon. In the alternative one, I think Spike tricked the sonar mounting the seal and has found an entrance - to a underwater cave, or facility built by humans,, whatever... but still, we have the water element again.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

They are not all aquatic animals in the cover.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to any of that. What I meant was the back way in was through the water, It's a bad bad guy trope to leave a pool or something unguarded. I say that because it's the only sensible reason they'd leave a water-borne approach open and Buffy mentions an underwater approach, suggesting there are above water approaches, too.

Thanks

They are not all aquatic animals in the cover.
    I suppose they're a crab, a turtle, a frog, a seal, an octopus, the Shenlong and... a rat - I think it was you who first said it was a rat some weeks ago, wasn't it? Which made me think of Amy Madison. Anyway, the animals - aside from the dragon - seem to be normal ones. Why animals? It's a lab and they're are testing on animals? Too obvious. But they have devices on their heads. For what purpose? I'm intrigued.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to any of that. What I meant was the back way in was through the water, It's a bad bad guy trope to leave a pool or something unguarded. I say that because it's the only sensible reason they'd leave a water-borne approach open and Buffy mentions an underwater approach, suggesting there are above water approaches, too.
    Yeah, a building by the sea, but still we have water involved...
    Last edited by betta; 04-08-17 at 06:12 PM.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

[QUOTE=betta;711025]I suppose they're a crab, a turtle, a frog, a seal, an octopus, the Shenlong and... a rat - I think it was you who first said it was a rat some weeks ago, wasn't it? Which made me think of Amy Madison. Anyway, the animals - aside from the dragon - seem to be normal ones. Why animals? It's a lab and they're are testing on animals? Too obvious. But they have devices on their heads. To what purpose? I'm intrigued.

And some kind of cat. Looks kinda like a puma.

Yeah, a building by the sea, but still we have water involved...
    Pretty sure it's probably an island. I mean, if I had an evil lair, I'd make it on an island.

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Was it a spell, wasn't it?
    It was a spell. Enchant, transmogrify, conjure etc - it's just specific witch-lingo.

Would this witch be involved with what's happening?
    I don't see why. The lovely fish-lady witch was quite happy in witch's paradise. Not that I wouldn't like to see her again. Speaking of Aluwyn and friends - remember that Sexy sea-serpent attack! Chomp! line? That wasn't, like, some crazy foreshadowing or something?

'Cause that would be just nuts!

but still, we have the water element again.
    I think that water-breathers are definitely important here. Maybe the dragon's attack was a retaliation for something humans did to them? I mean, if that dragon wants to remain not slayed it better had a good reason for ruining San Francisco.

And you! I bet you didn't even read Willow: Wonderland you...casual.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to a thing of evil For This Useful Post:

betta (04-08-17)

Thanks

And some kind of cat. Looks kinda like a puma.

This one? But I see what looks like a flipper and the eyes are more (round) of a seal than of a puma - although the ears are too pointy.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it's probably an island. I mean, if I had an evil lair, I'd make it on an island.
    Much better!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    I don't see why. The lovely fish-lady witch was quite happy in witch's paradise. Not that I wouldn't like to see her again. Speaking of Aluwyn and friends - remember that Sexy sea-serpent attack! Chomp! line? That wasn't, like, some crazy foreshadowing or something?

'Cause that would be just nuts!
    Hum, Aluwyn... she's always found by a body of water (Wonderland, Goddesses and Monsters)... she's a snake/serpent... "a sea serpent, dragon or sea dragon is a dragon described in various mythologies"... she has reasons to be mad at Willow... if she has joined forces with Amy (I'm sticking with her)...

- - - Updated - - -

I think that water-breathers are definitely important here. Maybe the dragon's attack was a retaliation for something humans did to them? I mean, if that dragon wants to remain not slayed it better had a good reason for ruining San Francisco.
    And we are back to the beginning, when Joss said he's worried about environmental issues because he has kids etc. But I think the dragon and animals have been played by the BBs. I still want the dragon to remain not slayed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Clavus (05-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,937 Times in 2,838 Posts

The water repetitions are interesting. The cover showing creatures trapped in what look like water bubbles, the lair location, the flag of the water-breathers in the camp and the original attack on SF by the sea serpent could all turn out to be connected. I'm liking this thinking.

I'm not liking Amy for it though just because she hasn't been in the book since S8 and she was 'contained' in A&F when last seen. It would just be a bit random to have her freed and over to execute such a grandiose plan in the other title. I could see Aluwyn being involved when it was only last season that she/Willow broke up, so it isn't too distant, and Willow's love life and the allure of her power are a part of the story this season. I'm not sure what the overall motivation would be though. It feels like there needs to be a bigger link to the political aspect or the environmental theme which falls down if the BB is motivated by revenge/jealousy to one of the group.

This is a bit of a jump and may be too damn convoluted. But if the focus was the environment rather than the political, the political aspects just being the tools being used, what could someone's motivation be to take power away from the supernatural if their issue was an environmental one? It could possibly be that they actually want to rid the world of humans who devastate the environment all the time and so used human prejudice, self-focus and fear to trap segregate the supernatural purely so that they can try to harvest the power the supernatural hold in order to take revenge on humans for damaging the planet. I'm not sure who that person/group would be though. The new seed could perhaps have created something 'new' that was planet focused but that would be pulling something dramatic out of nowhere. We saw the affect on vampire sirings straight away when the seed was created so something like this would need a reason why it wasn't apparent before. If it is some group/thing/person other than the VP just being an ass then it must be hinted at within the pages somewhere by now surely.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Clavus (05-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I could see Aluwyn being involved when it was only last season that she/Willow broke up, so it isn't too distant, and Willow's love life and the allure of her power are a part of the story this season.
    And what better creature to trick the dragon into attack SF? Aluwyn. And according to Gage, this is a season supposed to be focused on Willow - having her enemy(ies) as BBs make sense.

I'm not sure what the overall motivation would be though. It feels like there needs to be a bigger link to the political aspect or the environmental theme which falls down if the BB is motivated by revenge/jealousy to one of the group.
    Each group may have their own agenda; Aluwyn (and/or Amy), revenge and power; the animals and the dragon, a protest against what humans are doing to the environment; and the Evil Government, get rid of supernatural beings once for all, and more power, of course.

The animals and the dragon ended up trapped in bubbles, and the other 2 groups certainlly are thinking they will manage to defeat the other in a final battle (after the machine having destroyed all supernatural beings; they are not counting with the interference of the Scoobies, of course).
    Last edited by betta; 04-08-17 at 06:41 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

Clavus (05-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by betta View Post

This one? But I see what looks like a flipper and the eyes are more (round) of a seal than of a puma - although the ears are too pointy.
    No, the animal behind the octopus arms.

Buffy and Willow see who the culprit is on the 'puter. I don't think Aluwyn would turn up there. Seems fairly obvious it's the veep. The only thing against it is the obviousness that it's the veep.
    Last edited by HardlyThere; 05-08-17 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks

No, the animal behind the octopus arms.

Ah, OK. But it can be a South American tapir (anta) - we have families of those animals in our park, where there's a big lake:

The South American tapir can be found near water in the Amazon Rainforest and River Basin in South America, east of the Andes. Its range stretches from Venezuela, Colombia, and the Guianas in the north to Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay in the south, to Bolivia, Peru, and Ecuador in the West.

Buffy and Willow see who the culprit is on the 'puter. I don't think Aluwyn would turn up there. Seems fairly obvious it's the veep. The only thing against it is the obviousness that it's the veep.
    I think it's the Government, too. Being only the vp will be a little disapointing.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I asked Steve Morris about the animals - and he answered!

Hi, Thanks! You’re close. The animal above the frog is an eel, and the animal behind the eel is a starfish (with human style teeth). The animal below the rat is a bear cub… that one is especially hard to decipher since it could look like many animals.

So, I was wrong - the Shenlong isn't on the cover after all, it's an eel... and there's is a starfish, too, and a non aquatic animal: the bear cub. And my theory may have just gone down the drain... anyway, there are many aquatic animals; the rat could represent Amy, and the bear is just there to annoy me.
    Last edited by betta; 05-08-17 at 06:23 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betta For This Useful Post:

a thing of evil (05-08-17),Stoney (05-08-17)

Graveyard Patrol
    Thanks

So it is a rat, you were right! But a bear? A little bear? Well, the plot thickens.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a thing of evil View Post
    So it is a rat, you were right! But a bear? A little bear? Well, the plot thickens.
    Yeah, a little bear! It confuses me! Odd bear out!

But @HardlyThere was right, it is a non-aquatic animal, but I still am not ready to give up.

As far as I know, bears are good swimmers as well as good at fishing. The habitat of polar bears is the artic, they are great seal hunters. The rat also may be a Southwestern water vole, an amphibious rodent that looks like a rat...

I wish I had asked Morris what he was told to draw - if it wasn't too spoilery, he could have said something. All animals, except maybe for the bear cub, can be found in the SF area, I think. Why animals, anyway? There has to be some connection to environmental issues.
    Last edited by betta; 06-08-17 at 01:40 AM.