View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Klaus

4 50.00%
  • Rebekah

3 37.50%
  • Elijah

4 50.00%
  • Kol

3 37.50%
  • Finn

0 0%
  • Marcel

3 37.50%
  • Freya

2 25.00%
  • Hayley

1 12.50%
  • Mikael

1 12.50%
  • Esther

0 0%
  • Davina

1 12.50%
  • Jackson

0 0%
  • Hope

0 0%
  • Other

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The Originals Discussion

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Default The Originals Discussion

New to the forum but not new to the show. I've been watching since the Pilot. I love the show and really hoping it lasts more than 4 seasons because I'll be devastated if not.
    I thought the most recent episode was awesome and had me filled to the hilt with emotions! I'm so glad that this season has more Original siblings because for awhile it was starting to feel less like the Originals and more like the Klaus and Elijah show. I'm absolutely thrilled that
    Spoiler:
    Kol is back (I literally cried happy tears!) and is in his original body, Nate is sooo dreamy!
    Also, have you ever noticed how amazingly similar Daniel (Elijah) and Nate's (Kol) looks are? They could really pass for relatives! Greeaaat casting! I think I've done enough rambling so I'll just end it with me being scared for the rest of the season since they said 3 people will die and that cliffhanger for last Fridays episode has me really scared for my precious baby
    Spoiler:
    Cami! I'm hoping they won't go the stupid route of killing her after she already died once this season. Talk about redundant. Besides we already mourned the potential loss of Cami with Klaus over the winter haitus. I'm hoping like hell they don't kill her again. Furthermore, They better not dare to even think of killing Kol again after we just got him back! We're already running low on Original siblings as is so they better leave him alone!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A Beautiful Mystery For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (02-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,251 Times in 2,980 Posts

I've the deep frustration of it seeming that Syfy are not going to show the third season. I don't know that I love the show enough to pay extra to get to see it, but I really was looking forward to it and I'm disappointed that it looks unlikely that I'll get to now. Not in the immediate term anyway.
    Spoiler:
    I am not surprised that Kol is back but I really had hoped that when it happened it would be Daniel Sharman again, I really liked him.
    I nearly voted for Klaus and should have done really. I love the character but I find the actor really weak quite often and it takes the edge off. I've mixed feelings on Cami. I thought she was a character with great potential when The Originals started but I have been mostly disappointed with what they have done with her in S1&2. I adored her Uncle, Kieran O'Connell, and thought the actor did an absolutely outstanding job with his story, one of the best performances across the series so far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (02-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I nearly voted for Klaus and should have done really. I love the character but I find the actor really weak quite often and it takes the edge off.
    Really??? I think Joseph Morgan is an exquisite actor, and the subtletly and vulnerability he is able to imbue a complicated (and often very negative, and also over the top) character like Klaus with is what, in a way, saves Klaus as a character, making him rise above his villain status and making him relatable and rootable for. In other hands, Klaus might have been just despicable.

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francy For This Useful Post:

A Beautiful Mystery (15-05-16),Ehlwyen (02-05-16)

Thanks

But every single time he wells up it looks totally fake, like someone has squeezed some drops in and then quickly rushed out of frame. I find it incredibly jarring, at the most emotional of moments I'm reminded that he is acting.

Thanks

Rebekkak and Elijah are some of my favorite characters but I gotta admit I have a bit of a hate/love relationship with the show and with Klaus. It kinda reverts back to the same everytime but I am now linked to the characters and have to know what will happen to them.
    I said I was done with it at the end of season 2 but Im back on season 3 because I need to know whats gonna happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to buffyholic For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (02-05-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Season 3 has been very good! I struggled through most of S2. But it has become one of my top shows this season, I enjoy the focus on the family working together. I hope you are enjoying it, buffyholic!

Cami and Klaus are my favorite characters. I always enjoy Rebekah and miss her, but Freyja is a pretty awesome presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Francy View Post
    Really??? I think Joseph Morgan is an exquisite actor, and the subtletly and vulnerability he is able to imbue a complicated (and often very negative, and also over the top) character like Klaus with is what, in a way, saves Klaus as a character, making him rise above his villain status and making him relatable and rootable for. In other hands, Klaus might have been just despicable.
    Yes, totally agree that Joseph Morgan's portrayal is what makes so compelling. His acting is able to convey a myriad of emotion at one time as Klaus struggles with hiding his true feelings and showing the world a mask. The writing for his character is ridiculously powerful too. I love his poignant speeches. But I cant imagine another actor embuing the words with as much pain and emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    But every single time he wells up it looks totally fake, like someone has squeezed some drops in and then quickly rushed out of frame. I find it incredibly jarring, at the most emotional of moments I'm reminded that he is acting.
    I cant say I've ever felt that way. Hmmm. Klaus isnt really much of a cryer and surely hates to let people see himself so affected. I guess I interpret it as Klaus struggling to control his emotions.

Lydia made the punch!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

A Beautiful Mystery (15-05-16),buffyholic (23-08-16),Francy (02-05-16),Stoney (02-05-16)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Holy shit I just realized that I forgot my darling Cami on the poll. Oops.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I cant say I've ever felt that way. Hmmm. Klaus isnt really much of a cryer and surely hates to let people see himself so affected. I guess I interpret it as Klaus struggling to control his emotions.
    I think the welled up eyes always seemed too visual to me, alongside him managing otherwise to be emotionally blank. I'd always just found that jarring, to be showing nothing but welled up eyes, against a totally stone facade and especially because crying his emotions out would be soooo OOC. But I suppose you are probably right it has that disparity because it is supposed to be a 'despite himself' reveal of his emotions at those point. I will definitely consider that now, if I ever get to see the new series.

Thanks

Ive only seen 4 episodes but this season so far has been very interesting. I wonder what will happen with Davina, Marcel and with the prophecy.

I am interested in this season!

btw, why is the show returning for midseason? Is season 4 the last season?