Thread: BuffyForums has a blog on Tumblr

Thanks
    Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,268 Posts

Default BuffyForums has a blog on Tumblr

BF has expanded, there is a blog now!

On buffyforums.tumblr.com you'll be able to find fanart, resources and fanfic by our members plus news about our fanart challenges. Members who have a blog of their own can log in on the BF blog and reblog their own stuff. Members without their own space on Tumblr can post their stuff by logging in and posting whatever they want to post or submit something by going here. As long you made it yourself and it's not too controversial, it is welcome.

Please tag your post(s)! Add at least your BF username & that what you post. By example: #Nina #Fanart: BtVS or #Bre #Fanfiction: Arrow. You can add extra tags as well of course.

If you never worked with Tumblr before (the email and password are in here as well):

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (15-11-15),kimothyschma (17-11-15),Mara (15-11-15),Priceless (20-08-18),slaycandy (15-11-15),Stoney (16-11-15)

Thanks

Thanks for the little "how to" guide. But... how do you post wallpapers, like thumbnails with a link to the actual walls? This seems to just be for posting images without an onward link. Sorry total newb!

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

Thanks

Yup, you can decide if you prefer to resize your wallpaper till the width is (smaller than) 540 pixels - or another tumbnail- and add a hotlink to your wallpaper in the text box. What also happens a lot is that people make a Tumblr-sized graphic of their original wallpaper and post those (with or without a link to the original wallpaper in the text box). Whatever you prefer. Oh and you can create a hotlink by typing a word/sentence/symbol, by example "Original Wallpaper", and select those words. A small menu appears where you can choose if you want it underlined/bold/small/big etc. In that menu you will also find a symbol that looks like an "8" (or a link of a chain). If you click on that, a box will open where you can paste the url to your wallpaper.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

buffylover (17-11-15)

Thanks

Yeey I posted something as well it is old and it is not the graphic that won me an award in that challenge (I lost that one NOOOOOOOOO!!!) But it is posted hope I did everything all right otherwise correct me Nina

Just though of something regarding views and tags. if we are going to only tag it as Fanart: <insert fanart> than I think not that many people are going to find the blog maybe also tag it in more general ways? Like for example wiht my graphic I just posted fanart HP, harry potter, Ron Weasly or something? I don't want to overtag but if it will help our viewpoints I am kind off all for the viewer increase (I am greedy i know )
    Last edited by Mara; 17-11-15 at 03:53 PM.
    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:

Nina (17-11-15)

Thanks

You are right! I totally forgot about that, I was only busy with creating a system to keep our blog tidy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Mara (17-11-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

SJ, I just put in the URL of my wallpapers when I click 'Photo - add photo from the web'. Tumblr turns it into a smaller icon and and then I put the full size link underneath.

Like This
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Nina (17-11-15),slaycandy (17-11-15),Stoney (27-02-16)

Thanks

I think I posted! :O It looks okay... it's just slightly annoying you can't use thumbnails to link to walls and you have to do a separate link. Thanks Lyri for the tip and to Nina for the help

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

buffylover (18-11-15),Mara (18-11-15),Nina (18-11-15)

Thanks

Hey guys!

I feel really awkward asking this now, I realize I should've thought about it sooner and let you know (I'm sorry! I've been very stressed IRL these months and it's made me scatterbrained). But I'd rather not have the direct links to full versions of my wallpapers shared on tumblr.

It's just, with my past experiences with art theft, I'm wary of sharing large sized art so publicly. %( Normally, when I do post a wallpaper on tumblr, I tweak it first - both to make it more fitting for tumblr format aestetically (I feel thumbnails don't look very good against the types of graphics that are shared there), and not to tempt those who might want to steal it and put it on some merchandise. I'm always happy (and honored ♥) to see those tweaked, tumblr-formatted versions reblogged by buffyforums. Just not the originals. I literally don't share those anywhere but this forum and my own LJ.

I hope this doesn't make me sound too paranoid or greedy. %( And I apologize again for not clarifying this sooner.
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zugma For This Useful Post:

buffylover (22-12-16),Stoney (22-12-16)