Thread: Angel & Faith # 19 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,071 Posts

Default Angel & Faith # 19 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

The issue is out tomorrow.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,008 Times in 1,071 Posts

I have Angel & Faith # 19,Part I of, "A Little More Than Kin."

I got the issue yesterday.Don't have much to say.I liked the issue.It fel like a transitional issue to me as we head into the finale of season 10 for this book.I liked the character interaction and stuff.But this issue felt like setup to me which is fine.Again,I liked it but not nothing really stood out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

Silver1 (09-10-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,831 Times in 5,310 Posts

I just got around to reading the latest issue and it was pretty text heavy for Angel's return. But it was blatant scene setting to then roll from I agree, so I'm sure will read better with the whole arc.

I was interested that Illyria seems to have developed this ability to just zap the vamps, that is new right?? If no explanation is forthcoming I think I'll just go with an explanation I read elsewhere that it is due to her resurrection. I also was intrigued that Fred commented that Illyria doesn't want to come out at the moment. Why would that be? This then coupled with Nadira obviously expecting the attack/kidnapping so, assuming still that she is 'good', I figure it is where she feels she needs to be as she made no move to fight and appeared pretty happy/accepting. It still feels like something is stirring that will involve Nadira/Illyria and the magic specifically.

That first kitchen get together I hadn't realised it was Faith at the table at first and then also was surprised by Koh suddenly popping up seemingly from nowhere. So that whole scene really didn't work well for me and I had to go back/forth a little to check who was who or if I'd missed something. It was unfortunate that this was the exposition heavy part too, it stopped the issue flowing well for me. But overall I was pleased to have Will Conrad back.

I just have to tut at Angel briefly for having his booted feet up on Fred's bed, rude much?!

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Could someone write out this issue for me? I'm unable to read it. I thought that Illyria couldn't come out anymore because Fred was able to defeat her.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,831 Times in 5,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illyriafan View Post
    Could someone write out this issue for me? I'm unable to read it. I thought that Illyria couldn't come out anymore because Fred was able to defeat her.
    A group of new vampires are chasing Fred and she gets trapped in a dead end alley. Illyria takes over and easily defeats the vampires seeming to just be able to eviscerate them with this blue light. Later Angel and Fred have this exchange:
    Angel: Illyria. How's she doing in there?
    Fred: Quiet. At the moment.
    Angel: If we needed her, could you bring her back?
    Fred: Needed her? I... I don't know. Sometimes it's like I clearly know what she's thinking, almost like we're sharing the same thoughts. Other times I only get a vague feeling, and at the moment that vague feeling is that she doesn't want to come out. But when those vamps threatened us, I think some kind of self-preservation thing kicked in she just took over and... (conversation ends as they are interrupted).

Have you tried contacting DH to see if they can issue transcripts or some such? Some apps might allow you to zoom in on them I would have thought. Otherwise, I don't know what your computer set up is like, but have you tried buying the digital copy and trying to blow up pics of the pages? I just took a screengrab of a page and then zoomed in on the image (spoilered example below) I don't know if this would be doable for you or provide what you need if you were able to do it.
    Spoiler:

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I am almost completely blind. My speech software will not read them to me. Why would she not want to come out at the moment? It almost seems like Fred has some sort of connection to her at times. Why is Nadeira afraid of her, if she is good now?
    Last edited by illyriafan; 14-10-15 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by illyriafan View Post
    I am almost completely blind. My speech software will not read them to me. Why would she not want to come out at the moment? It almost seems like Fred has some sort of connection to her at times. Why is Nadeira afraid of her, if she is good now?
    They are sharing the same body. So far since Fred managed to take control, Illyria's only come out when Fred's in danger, usually to dust vampires. Nadira is connected to the Old Magic in London's Magic Town. In the Buffy book the Scoobies are dealing with New Magic created by the new Seed which Illyria was partially responsible for creating. Illyria's like a bomb to Magic Town, Nadira is connected to Magic Town and is uneasy around Fred but hasn't actually hurt her or anything like that. At least not yet.