Thread: Moving on without Elena

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 724 Posts

Default Moving on without Elena

How do you feel about Elena no longer being in the story? Are you planning to quit the show? Are you excited about new possible storylines to freshen up the series? What did you think about how Elena's farewell happened in the S6 finale?

I am very excited and hope for an emphasis on the Salvatore brothership. They have always been divided regarding their relationships with Elena and her doppelgängers. It would warm my heart to see their relationship strengthen. There has been so much rivalry in their lives from even before Elena. I wonder their mother will be a cause of more or if they can unite against her.

The show has always been about how everyone was connected by Elena. I wonder if anyone will drift away because she is not there. I am very intrigued to find out how Damon and Bonnie will progress. Will Elena's predicament create resentment or bring them closer? I am definitely hoping for the later as the Damon and Bonnie relationship was a highlight of last year.

I thought Elena had a beautifully designed and bittersweet ending. I definitely did not see it coming. I wonder if Bonnie is the safest person on the show now. That would be a significant contrast to how often Bonnie was in peril or did die in previous years. I liked how the spell gave everyone a chance to say goodbye or, at least, until we meet again. For a show about vampires and death, it was very moving in how much they capture the act of living. I loved the show played upon the old themes of "dance is life" and "vampires don't dance". The private dance in the forest with between Damon and Elena is an all time favorite television scene for me.

Lydia made the punch!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

Cori (19-09-15)