Thread: Vampire Diaries and Originals airing on same night

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Default Vampire Diaries and Originals airing on same night

With Vampire Diaries and Originals airing on the same night, (starting October 8) will that change how you watch either show or your excitement for them? Do you only watch one? Will you try out the other? What kind of crossover would you want to see?

I watch both. I never felt the CW had a good pairing for Originals. I am excited that it will air following Vampire Diaries. It would be interesting to have crossovers although I seriously doubt that happening. I have always enjoyed Stefan and Klaus long time relationship as well as newer ones like Klaus and Caroline or Rebekah and Matt's. It would be nice to follow up on them. I won't argue against a Klaus, Stefan, Caroline triangle. Or seeing Caroline react to Klaus's interest in Camille. Matt meeting new Rebekah might be intersting to see his reaction.

Regardless, it will be fun to see the shows compete for the most twists and blood in an episode for the evening.

Lydia made the punch!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

Stoney (15-09-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,251 Times in 2,980 Posts

I presume this is a non-UK air date, I wonder how delayed it will be for us this time.

I watched both shows last season and whilst I think I enjoyed The Originals more over the whole season I was more interested in the potential at the end of TVD for their next season. I wouldn't be anti crossovers either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Yes, I am in the US and this will be when they first air. Sorry to hear they are quite delayed for you.

It has felt like a long summer since they both finished airing here in May. I thought the originals had a very strong finish to their season, particularily the last third. I was not so engaged by the beginning half of the season, it seemed to meander. I guess I expected more of a threat from the werewolf family and their moonlight rings. The return of Mikaelsons in different bodies also threw me. Particularly because I was partial to Buzolic as the original Kol and didn't take to Sharman's portrayal. I did enjoy Rebekah's return midseason and the new actress so that upped my interest in the Originals again.

There are so many regime changes in Originals it is hard to know what kind of arc S3 will bring. Vampire Diaries usually is focused in its threats so it is easier to guess where it might go even if I am completely wrong once it airs. I am probably more excited to see where vampire diaries goes with this next season then I have been with many other shows in recent years. Although that makes expectations pretty high and therefore hard to attain.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,251 Times in 2,980 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Yes, I am in the US and this will be when they first air. Sorry to hear they are quite delayed for you.
    It is totally inconsistent. Sometimes it starts only a week later and then after the Christmas break they might increase the gap to a month for no apparent reason. It might be because we don't normally do the holiday breaks in the UK and so it disrupts their scheduling perhaps. But it's a pain and means I often don't chat about them during the season's run.

It has felt like a long summer since they both finished airing here in May. I thought the originals had a very strong finish to their season, particularily the last third. I was not so engaged by the beginning half of the season, it seemed to meander. I guess I expected more of a threat from the werewolf family and their moonlight rings. The return of Mikaelsons in different bodies also threw me. Particularly because I was partial to Buzolic as the original Kol and didn't take to Sharman's portrayal. I did enjoy Rebekah's return midseason and the new actress so that upped my interest in the Originals again.
    Ha, I'm totally the opposite I was gutted that Sharman as Kol was killed off. I thought the actress that played the new Rebekah did a fantastic job of keeping character continuity, she was a season highlight. I warmed to Hayley a little more but I still struggle a touch with her.

There are so many regime changes in Originals it is hard to know what kind of arc S3 will bring. Vampire Diaries usually is focused in its threats so it is easier to guess where it might go even if I am completely wrong once it airs. I am probably more excited to see where vampire diaries goes with this next season then I have been with many other shows in recent years. Although that makes expectations pretty high and therefore hard to attain.
    Completely agree on this.