Thread: Angel & Faith # 16 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,102 Posts

Default Angel & Faith # 16 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers)

The issue is out tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 5,565 Posts

Wow, no posts. Hmmm.

I don't actually have much to say about it. I really struggled with the art. I strongly disliked this version of Faith which could in part be because sometimes it was hard to tell her and Fred apart. I wasn't sure if the dead girl was the original one who told her to back off and stick to her own species or the leader of the pack, I'm assuming the former. I also struggled at points with who was talking to who (the bar chat up moment was the worst for that) and I disliked the *gasp* *pant* in the writing. It just really stood out awkwardly to me in this issue, not sure why, may just be because I'd had a cr*ppy day. It's also pretty bad for a school to not punctuate Girls' Locker Room.

As I've seen others comment elsewhere, coach and ma'am are just totally unBritish and not Americanisms that I can see a school or a teen adopting and really that should have been picked up on. If they are setting the comic in London surely getting a Brit to look it over seems just logical. I'd agree with others that Locker Room is a bit odd too, they tend to be changing rooms. These aren't anywhere near as bad as the gun toting a couple of issues back but it is a quality issue. Anyway...

On the positives... it was a decent enough start to the arc. What I really enjoyed was the banter between Faith and Fred, that felt comfortable, I enjoyed that. I don't have any great buzz about the possibility of a romance between Faith and Brandt but I think my reservation is more about not trusting him yet. I really liked seeing Faith on her day off. It just felt very 'her', I liked the tone. The lone picture of her and Giles up on the wall was a bit much, just too blunt/obvious as a lead in for a character development no doubt down the line. But I liked it because it just felt like a totally feasible average day, I could see her spending a day off like that and roping Brandt in to lugging the bed up the stairs too, yeah, good characterisation there I thought. That's all.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

American Aurora (02-07-15),Shade of Pale (03-07-15)

Bronze Party-Goer Shade of Pale's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked the issue, although the school doesn't seem like a typical London school, nor do the pupils really. I do like the focus on Faith and the team up with Fred. I love having Fred back, although it still seems a little strange after the comics and the tv series made such a point of her being dead and gone. I'm hoping that Angel says something to Spike about her return in the Buffy comic.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,189 Posts

Well not many people have anything to say about this issue, eh?

Gotta say I wasn't that keen on the art and the story bored me quite frankly. Maybe thing will hot up next issue?

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver1 View Post
    Well not many people have anything to say about this issue, eh?

Gotta say I wasn't that keen on the art and the story bored me quite frankly. Maybe thing will hot up next issue?

I'll have my copy later today and will post my thoughts on the weekend.

Slayer
    Thanks

I got my copy of Angel & Faith # 16,Part I of,"Those Who Can't Teach,Teach Gym." on Friday.DIdn't have a chance to post some thoughts until now.

I thought this was a nice start to the arc.I like the idea of Faith and Fred in a team up.ALso think it's fun to see Faith go undercover as a teacher.

I think this will be a fun arc while Angel is away.