Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Grab a cuppa and join our Babbington's Chat

Thanks

Mmm, Bre, is it perhaps possible to save .eps? I remember Photoshop opens those. Perhaps there is some convertor available?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smth_Blue For This Useful Post:

Bre (26-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smth_Blue View Post
    Mmm, Bre, is it perhaps possible to save .eps? I remember Photoshop opens those. Perhaps there is some convertor available?
    I've never tried .eps before, I'll check on that when I get on my desktop. Thank you for the suggestion, lovely lady!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bre For This Useful Post:

Smth_Blue (27-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

I'm late to the party, and my brain is fried from lack of sleep, so I will just say HEY and say that I am just thankful to have a place like this where we have such a great fanart community! I do wish it was as active as it used to be, but I'm happy to have the challenges to keep me inspired and forcing me outside my artistic "box".

Also? If anyone doesn't have Photoshop and wants it, I can help...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HisMRS For This Useful Post:

Bre (27-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,254 Posts

I know! This place is fundamental for my inspiration. I'm afraid that if this place dies it will be pretty much the end of my close relationship with my photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I think I would be at best a source of frustration and at worst a downright anvil to anyone for the collaborative option so I'll probably just try and think of an option 2 at some point for it.
    If you change your mind and want to try it out, I'm willing to team up with you as well. And so are others probably. Don't worry about being a frustration or anvil. ^^

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Stoney (27-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

Add me to the inspiration brigade. I don't necessarily post everything here that my muse finds here, but I'd say a good percentage of my wallpaper ideas come from challenges.

And yeah, Stoney, I think a lot of us would be willing to work with you. I think it's nice when two people with such differing styles team up and I am SO excited to see what comes out of this challenge!!
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Stoney (27-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,773 Times in 5,271 Posts

Well I'm happy to give it a go with anyone that is foolish enough to take on the extra headaches. I'm not sure how easy it would be to swap a Photoshop file back and forth though, they get pretty big. It could be the way I'm saving it of course.

As you are all partnered up at the moment, assuming Bre can access photoshop or convert files, do you want to find out how much you are taking on with your existing pairings? I'm happy to wait and see what availability people turn out to have.

I hope we keep the fanart going, I'd probably never have given this a go if it wasn't for you guys.

Thanks

I AM BACK ONLINE!!!! First off huge thank you to Nina and Bre for their help getting my resources back, I lost everything with the computer crash thing that happened so thank you ladies for helping me get back on track *hug*

Secondly Stoney if you are willing to suffer trough my current Walking Dead obsession I'll gladly collab with you (that goes for everyone else as well by the way if you feel like suffering trough my endless blabbing and mediocre photoshop skills I will be thrilled to do a collab) Oh and I'll just say it here instead of in the challenge threads computer issues= no awards issues fixed = awards on the way
    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:

Stoney (01-02-15)

Thanks

Hey Mara. As the other lovely ladies already had one partnership in progress I would be happy to steal you for myself!! It will work well because I have been saying that I keep waiting to find a challenge I could think of something to do with Walking Dead so this will keep us both happy. I have zero clue how we go about it though or how to swap a file that is too big to email, I'm so green with all this stuff. Do you want to pm and work out what we are doing?

Thank you to everyone who was offering their patience/collaboration. If I get my O/S piece done any time soon (I've hit a minor wall with it) I may see if anyone else is free to do a second collaboration, but I don't want to commit and then not have time to do a second.

Thanks

Just a random thought - Is there an argument for making the site, the fanart part of it, individually tagged/searchable* (*insert whatever is the correct technical term) in a way that doesn't label it BtVS? I just wonder if the fanart gets less visitors because the site is a BtVS site and, as popular as the show remains, only the more dedicated fans are still around and wanting to discuss it. The low interest in the rewatch/discussion thread and the comic threads total decline show this well enough. So are there places people would go/search for general fanart across fandoms that they might not realise they could also get here with us?

Thanks

I have to say that without this place (and lately the lovely Mara, who keeps pulling me out of my shell no matter how annoyingly I disappear for weeks on no end ) I don't think I'd open Photoshop again. I'm missing my old inspiration lately, which I know is part my real life and also part because I'm lacking "new" fandom inspirations. I remember that reading Twilight (oh the horror) when I was 16 (oh god, has it really been 10 years? ) was the biggest flame that pushed me towards arting and ever since then it's always the new show/movie/book, that I get super excited about and that gets me into the whole creative mode.
    Lately I don't think it's the lack of that, I've gotten a lot into the whole Marvel universe, and there's still lots of Whedonverse love inside, but somehow it's not strong enough to win over the real life I've hit some slight financial snags a few years ago while being at uni and the solution that sort of presented itself was becoming a scholarship student to finish, which means that there's a lot of pressure going on seeing as I have to pass with nothing but A's to qualify for the money, which is a bit of a pain in the ass I work a lot and in the evenings I just sort of become too drained to be even slightly inspired, which sucks, because I really do miss the thrill of arting and the response and being a part of this community on the whole, which is the best part of the whole Photoshop/fanart extravaganza. And in a way seeing that so many people here are still going strong is a nice nudge towards just trying a bit more not to lose that
    In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Destiny For This Useful Post:

cil_domney (10-03-15),Mara (04-02-15),Stoney (04-02-15)

Thanks

Just popping in to say thank you Destiny it is my honor working with you and dragging you back into fanart and I have the cure for your lack of inspiration....give me a sec I will hook you up to my masterlist of Snape/Hermione fics girl...

On another note I agree with Stoney perhaps we can think about making the fanart section more visible trough google and things like that I would hate for the forum name to change though
    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

May you could help me? Sorry if it's the wrong topic. I'm looking for this wallpaper below. I seen it on a t-shirt sale's site. The art looks fabolous, like the works you guys always make. I was here in this forum very long ago, but when I saw this design I thought you know the artist!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zandus View Post
    May you could help me? Sorry if it's the wrong topic. I'm looking for this wallpaper below. I seen it on a t-shirt sale's site. The art looks fabolous, like the works you guys always make. I was here in this forum very long ago, but when I saw this design I thought you know the artist!
    Hey Zandos I've moved your post to a more appropriate thread. To answer your question: sorry I don't know who made that. Is it perhaps an official promo made by Marvel/Disney? Hopefully another member knows more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    On another note I agree with Stoney perhaps we can think about making the fanart section more visible trough google and things like that I would hate for the forum name to change though
    Ooo definitely not, I wasn't suggesting we change the forum name. I just wondered if the fanart section, titled in its own right just generically as fanart, could be maximised on searches so that it isn't clearly labelled as BtVS at a glance but is obviously a multi fandom art group within the site. I don't know because I don't go many other places and rarely ever strayed from here when the forum was busier, so I don't know how people browse for these things.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

Artists, if you didn't get a PM from me today, can you let me know so that I can send it?
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Default Hi

Hi everyone. First of all I wanted to like to publicly thank Stoney, because if I'm here, it's just thank to her. I'm a member of this forum for years, but I had never noticed the section fanart, so thanks Stoney

I feel I must say something to me, at least in a didactic way. My name is Franca, I'm 57 years old, I'm married and I have two sons, I'm Italian, I don't speak English, I love the internet in a visceral way, I may have even an addiction, but I don't care, there are worse things in life. Here, at this time I'm going through a difficult time, for two years I'm fighting a nasty disease, and still don't know who will win, if I or the disease, then the internet is my salvation anchor, it allows me to get away from the ugly thoughts. In addition to the fanarts, I also love very much scrapbooking (digital and otherwise) but unfortunately it's a very expensive hobby (ask my husband, he is terrified every time I buy something)

As regards the graphic, for 15 years I use only Paint Shop Pro (Corel) and I know very little Photoshop. With PS I only did two works, a wallpaper and icons. Both times I have followed the tutorial, one from HisMRS and the other from Lyri, but I cannot work with PS, though, on an intuitive level, I understand that it's a powerful program, superior to PSP in many ways. For Challenge 51 of HisMRS, I wanted to work in collaboration with someone who uses PSP, then launch the appeal here, if someone is willing to work with me, I'd be happy.

Now I have a question. I downloaded the latest gradients set created by Lyri, and hurray, news flash, I finally figured out how to install them.

My question is this: Does someone know if it can convert PS gradients in such a way you can use them on PSP? Files in fact have different extensions. PS (.grd) and PSP (.jbf) then PSP doesn't accept PS gradients, but the ones I downloaded from Lyri are superb and I would use them on PSP.

In addition to graphics, I love to write fanfics, making videos and I also love very much to play with HTML (I like to create web pages, gadgets etc ..) For Christmas 2014, for the first time, I was able to create a web page using only the "DIV" without using frames. I'm very satisfied with my work.

Ok, now I realized that I wrote a lot, and I think almost certainly you will have understood little of what I wrote, my English is really terrible

Hugs
    janas
    Last edited by janas; 06-02-15 at 05:05 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janas For This Useful Post:

Nina (06-02-15),Stoney (06-02-15)

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Now things may have changed in PSP since I used it, but you use to could just rename the extension file from .grd to .jbf before installing them into PSP and that would allow them to work in PSP.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Paracelsus'Lady For This Useful Post:

janas (08-02-15)

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I tried, but no, it doesn't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janas View Post
    I tried, but no, it doesn't work.
    I had a bit of a search online and found the following advice. I have no idea if it will work because I don't have psp but it may be worth a try.

One of the most common questions I see around various communities is something like "I downloaded gradients and placed them in my gradient folder in 'My PSP' and they aren't showing up?"

Okies kids, your halfway there, but many don't realize that there are a few more steps to get you on your blending way. So here goes.

Obviously, download your gradients and unzip them first.

1. (a) Go to your materials palette

(b) And pull up your gradient panel

2. (a) No, your gradients have not been installed yet, which is why they are not being shown. Choose any current gradient, even if it's a default one that came with psp. See that button on your gradient panel that says edit? Click it.

(b) In the panel that pops up choose the import button.

(c) Yet another pop up window will appear

Here is where you will locate where you saved your recently downloaded gradients. Once you have that folder open within this pop up window, highlight the gradient you wish to install.

3. Click the import button and your current selected gradient will now be installed, and should also now show in your list of gradients in the gradient panel.

And...that's it mes amis, I hope it helps.

Fingers crossed.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Sorry about that janus. Clearly they have made things more complicated in getting PS stuff to work in PSP.

This explains the problem to. lasciviae: what we have been able to figure out so far is that when you make psp gradients and export them as .grd files, they are individual files. Meaning if I make it and call it "my green gradient" it will be one green gradient. When you make .grd gradients in photoshop, you can package many gradients together in one file, so "my green gradient" could include like 100 green gradients. Most photoshop gradient makers choose this method.I hope that make sense. Psp cannot read multiple gradients in one file, it can only read single gradient files.
    (at least with version 8)

credit: http://icongradients.livejournal.com/12751.html
    Last edited by Paracelsus'Lady; 08-02-15 at 09:31 PM.