Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Grab a cuppa and join our Babbington's Chat

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 575 Posts

OK I just tried downloading it, and it downloaded the whole episode in 1 minute.

So if I can figure out how to take screenshots, I can send over the needed ones to you?
    I want the fire back. - Buffy Summers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpuffyGlitz For This Useful Post:

buffylover (11-02-19),Stoney (10-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 5,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpuffyGlitz View Post
    OK I just tried downloading it, and it downloaded the whole episode in 1 minute.

So if I can figure out how to take screenshots, I can send over the needed ones to you?
    Ah bless you, you're a super star! I'll keep trying but if it continues to fail on me I might take you up on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing that it has continued working for everyone else I persisted and after about 8 hrs (honestly!) I got one of the eps I was wanting downloaded. I'm currently taking the same stubborn approach with the second I was after, letting it fail/continue repeatedly and after nearly an hour I have 10% of that one too so I think it might manage it eventually as well. I've no clue why it is behaving like this, as it isn't what everyone else is experiencing I'll just cross my fingers it will stop as suddenly as it started.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (10-02-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,356 Posts

Stoney, I'm sure you've done this already, but have you checked your download speed generally? Or tried to dl something else?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

SpuffyGlitz (11-02-19),Stoney (11-02-19)

Thanks

Yeah, it's just when downloading these eps. Really weird. I got the second one too, it took half the time, a mere 4 hrs. I'll ignore it again for a bit now, hopefully one of those ideas for Nina's challenge will work and I won't be trying again for a bit. Thanks for trying to think of a possible 'why?' for me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Priceless (11-02-19)

Thanks

I'm contemplating getting Photoshop. Please tell me how wonderful it is to persuade me . . . (or not)

I like Gimp and I'm worried I'll be going back to square one if I move over to Photoshop

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-03-19)

Thanks

I love photoshop and have used it for work for years before I started to do fanart. I still don't know half of what it does so I'm not really armed with the knowledge to persuade you over using Gimp, particularly because I really don't know that program at all and where/how it is limited in comparison (if it indeed is). Sorry, that wasn't actually in anyway helpful.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-03-19),Priceless (19-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I love photoshop and have used it for work for years before I started to do fanart. I still don't know half of what it does so I'm not really armed with the knowledge to persuade you over using Gimp, particularly because I really don't know that program at all and where/how it is limited in comparison (if it indeed is). Sorry, that wasn't actually in anyway helpful.
    No, it was helpful Stoney. You love Photoshop, and that's good to know. Everyone who's serious about art has it, and seems to love it. I don't think Gimp is that different (who knows, it could be)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-03-19),Stoney (20-03-19)

Graveyard Patrol Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 441 Posts

Same here. Actually I only use Photoshop Elements, a simpler version of Photoshop, and I *still* don't know half of what it does

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Double Dutchess For This Useful Post:

buffylover (20-03-19),Priceless (20-03-19),Silver1 (01-04-19),Stoney (20-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 415 Posts

Priceless I would defiantly jump to the deep waters if you are planning to get photoshop are you getting it by a monthly bill or actually planning to get it full?

Don't be intermediate by photoshop it's just more professional than GIMP for example for photoshop has brothers and sisters like InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver etc... And has a full range of options for prints example like CMYK... But you don't need that!

So it should be just like using GIMP.

I'm always happy to help!

So yes go for it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-03-19)

Thanks

For those of you who have Photoshop, which is the better subcription? Would the basic package at 9.98 be enough or would you suggest I buy a better package?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,568 Times in 1,239 Posts

I still have an older version (before they started with the monthly subscription) so I've no idea what you get for that money. But personally I would start with the cheapest one if that gives you a proper version of photoshop.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-03-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 415 Posts

Priceless you should get that subscription you get Photoshop CC!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to buffylover For This Useful Post:

Priceless (20-03-19)

Thanks

I have a bought copy of Adobe Creative Studio 5 (I think it was), that included Photoshop, so I don't know what comes in the subscriptions I'm afraid.

Thanks

Thank you everyone, your advice was really helpful. I've gone for the 9.98 package to start with, and I get
    Lightroom CC
    Lightroom Classic CC
    Photoshop CC
    20GB of cloud storage

Which I think should be okay to start with

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

Stoney (20-03-19)

Thanks

Just need a space to vent about photoshop. I hate it. Gimp is so easy, everything's labelled, it's logical and makes sense. Photoshop makes no sense. You want to post another layer, you go to something marked 'place linked' or 'place embed', not a mention of layers or picture or photo. You can't change the size of anything easily by instinct, it's all maths, you have to know the exact dimensions you want. Gimp has 'fill canvas' which makes a picture . . . fill the canvas, but on photoshop there's 17 different ways of doing that and they are all incredibly complicated and involve more MATHS!

Thank you for listening No, I won't go back to Gimp because I don't want to give in, but right now I don't think I'll ever get to grips with it. This morning I've watched about 9 tutorial vids on youtube and I'm still none the wiser

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Priceless For This Useful Post:

buffylover (01-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Just need a space to vent about photoshop. I hate it. Gimp is so easy, everything's labelled, it's logical and makes sense. Photoshop makes no sense. You want to post another layer, you go to something marked 'place linked' or 'place embed', not a mention of layers or picture or photo. You can't change the size of anything easily by instinct, it's all maths, you have to know the exact dimensions you want. Gimp has 'fill canvas' which makes a picture . . . fill the canvas, but on photoshop there's 17 different ways of doing that and they are all incredibly complicated and involve more MATHS!
    I honestly don't understand what you mean Pricey. If you want to put in another layer go to the top menu of 'Layers', follow the sub heading new to add a layer. Perhaps the version you are working with is very different?? My copy says it is Photoshop CS6 version 13.0. I've just opened an old wallpaper of mine in photoshop just to take a screenshot to show the toolbars I have up with a doc and a screengrab above that of the top line of headings that appear when I open the programme too. How much does this differ from what you're working with (can you do screengrabs??).

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

buffylover (01-04-19),Priceless (01-04-19)

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 964 Posts

Yeah, I just click on the layer button in the side panel and there you go.

Thanks

Yes if I want to open another blank page, then I can do that with Layer - New, but if I want to open another picture that I have saved the youtube vids tell me I have to go to Place Embed or Place Linked.

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 964 Posts

Err, what? I just click on new page or whatever. Really simple stuff.

Graveyard Patrol Double Dutchess's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 441 Posts

Yeah, that doesn't sound familiar at all. Layer New should give you a new layer, not a new page. What YouTube videos are you watching?