Thread: Tyler and Liv

Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 491 Posts

Default Tyler and Liv

I hate both of these characters, so watching their scenes makes me physically ill. Ugh... I wish they would get over Tyler and write him out of the show, along with Liv and her brother Luke. They all seem to pretty much just be plot devices most of the time.

Thanks

Haha yeah, I kinda agree. They're both boring..

I also totally missed the part where Tyler is no longer a werewolf, is this the case? I don't understand why they made all this fuss about the guy dying. (since in this show pretty much everyone dies )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosely View Post
    Haha yeah, I kinda agree. They're both boring..

I also totally missed the part where Tyler is no longer a werewolf, is this the case? I don't understand why they made all this fuss about the guy dying. (since in this show pretty much everyone dies )
    Yeah, Tyler is human. When he came back from the other side, he was human again, which I don't understand fully since everyone else came back as a vampire... Maybe because Tyler died in Mystic Falls, where magic is no longer possible, so that's why he came back human?? Ugh... it's all so confusing and weird.

I don't know I just feel like Tyler has been a douchebag since Day 1, and he's never been relevant unless he's dating Caroline or a werewolf, and he's neither of those anymore. So why keep him?
    And Liv and Luke are only there because Bonnie couldn't do magic anymore. I hope they get rid of them once Bonnie comes back.
    I love TVD, and I'll keep watching 'cause I'm invested in these characters, but the show is getting more and more rediculous as it goes on. At this point, I almost wish they'd move Caroline over to The Originals and end TVD, with the other characters maybe popping up from time to time in guest roles.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HisMRS For This Useful Post:

Rosely (19-11-14)

Thanks

I used to like Tyler a lot in the first three seasons and I was a big Caroline/Tyler shipper. Unfortunately, the writers have completely destroyed his character in the last two seasons. I'm still pissed off at the writers for portraying Tyler being in the wrong when he got angry at Caroline for sleeping with Klaus. Excuse me, but IMO he was completely justified in being angry at his girlfriend sleeping with the guy who killed his mother. As much as I love Caroline, I really hated that she did that and it took me a while to warm up to her character again. Still, I wouldn't want her to move to The Originals because I mostly like her character and I don't watch The Originals because I hate Klaus with a passion. Also, after a so-so season 4 and a dismal season 5, I'm really enjoying season 6 much more than expected so I don't want TVD to end just yet.

As for Liv and Luke, I don't really see the point of them either. And now Jo and Kai are witches too? Doesn't that seem like too many witches? For me it is enough that Bonnie is a badass witch, I don't need anyone else. Although considering Bonnie's predicament, maybe Liv and Luke (and possibly Jo?) could help Damon to get Bonnie out? If yes, they can stay around for that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cori For This Useful Post:

A Beautiful Mystery (31-05-16),Rosely (19-11-14)