View Poll Results: Which ideas do you like?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • A section just for beginners with tuts, a Q&A thread and advice.

12 70.59%
  • The Fanart Section should be more social.

11 64.71%
  • More focus on fanart that are not wallpapers (in challenges and general art threads).

10 58.82%
  • Instead of ranking the pieces and awards at the end of a challenge the host only posts feedback.

2 11.76%
  • A host should award different aspects of fanart.

8 47.06%
  • Stop the challenges for now and focus on battles.

1 5.88%
  • Hosts should no longer make awards for everybody.

4 23.53%
  • "My Art" threads

3 17.65%
  • Fan Art Friday (*see OP)

6 35.29%
  • Throwback Challenges (a challenge that just reuses the idea of a previously done challenge?)

7 41.18%
  • It should be easier to host a challenge or start a battle.

5 29.41%
  • A challenge should be a real challenge again and not just a theme.

8 47.06%
  • More focus on the teaching element of the Fanart Section. (More tuts, more feedback)

12 70.59%
  • Have a competitive round maybe every 3 months and make them on a Free Form basis.

5 29.41%
  • Bring back the "feedback requirement" for the general fanart threads.

4 23.53%
  • A "general" challenge. (*see OP)

5 29.41%
  • Fanartists should mention things they would like to have feedback on.

7 41.18%
  • A beginner-only thread/challenge

4 23.53%
  • Challenges should run longer (but we should go back to 3+ challenges running at the same time.)

11 64.71%
  • I like it the way it is; please don't change anything.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which ideas will improve this place according to you?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,773 Times in 5,271 Posts

Just thought I'd drop a quick note on to prompt thought again towards the community interaction side of things on here. The month theme didn't really seem to hit off and I personally thought it might have been greatly because it wasn't encouraging interaction just posting individual thoughts. Of course the limited number of people may be the thing but until we try other ideas it is hard to say. Is it worth just trying other things and seeing how they do rather than polling/wondering deeply about what to try? Why don't we just try a continuous chat thread where people are encouraged to come on and post pictures/images/resources that they have seen, share random thoughts/frustrations/ideas and we can just comment on what someone has put on or add something else. It could just be an entirely open/informal chat area with a fanart focus. I appreciate such a wide scope could equally get a tumbleweed response but it might work like associated thoughts and roll from one thing to another pretty naturally. Might be worth a try?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

janas (14-01-15),Mara (13-01-15),Nina (13-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,624 Times in 1,254 Posts

I'm fine with trying that one out. ^^ Does anyone has a fun title for such a chat thread?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,773 Times in 5,271 Posts

OK, I have been trying to think of something for ages and have gone through a whole bunch of awful options and have currently got a reduced list of probably not great options - "Once More With Layering - ArtChat", "From the Rabbit Hole - ArtChat" and in a bizarre combination of BtVS and the favoured 1920s global artistic hangout (which apparently included a restaurant called Dingo Bar) - "Dingoes Ate Montparnasse - ArtChat". Or something more normal. I probably should get out now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: similar idea - "Grab a cuppa and join our Babbington's Chat" - which tickled me as another place known for artists meeting up (tea room in Rome in case you haven't heard of it, although might have been primarily writers in the good old days, not sure) but they have the cat logo and obviously in french.... Yeah, I know, I'm going out for a bit!!
    Last edited by Stoney; 15-01-15 at 08:20 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Mara (15-01-15),Nina (15-01-15)