Thread: TO 1x13 Crescent City

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Default TO 1x13 Crescent City

I really don’t like what they’ve done to The Originals. They were presented as being so much more powerful when the came on to The Vampire Diaries. I really think the show would have been so much better if it focused on their family dynamics. I think killing off so many Originals and only leaving three of them was a huge mistake.

I am really over Marcel’s obsession with children. We saw 16/17 year olds killed right and left on TVD and nobody cared. Jeremy was probably 15 or 16 when Damon broke his neck. Katherine killed Caroline when she was 17, Vicki Donovan was probably 15 or 16 (as she’s Matt’s younger sister) with Damon killed her, etc... We’ve been watching high school kids get murdered for five years and suddenly it’s a huge deal? I just don’t get it.

Elijah’s obsession with Hayley has completely ruined him for me. I can’t believe that he would save some random stranger (Jackson) instead of going straight off to try and find Rebekah. He was wasting time and taking it out on the vampires was not necessary. He also never puts his family first – he didn’t do anything when Kol & Finn were murdered and he doesn’t even seem to care that they’re dead. I get he’s angry but he should have taken it out on Celeste instead.

I am so sick of seeing men use Rebekah. Every single love interest she’s ever had has never cared about her. Damon, Stefan & Matt have all plotted to kill and her family and worked against her. Marcel’s obviously betrayed her on numerous occasions and we saw flashbacks to Alexander (who daggered her and her four brothers) and now this Oliver guy? She has the worst luck with men.

Klaus can be a bit too impulsive sometimes. He walked right into a trap and he shouldn’t have taken that blade with him (he should have hid it somewhere). I did like that he was really trying to help Kieran and I like their possibly friendship/alliance. I still don’t like Camille though – and I can’t figure her out. Last episode she hated Klaus more than anything and now she’s all willing to work with him?

I dislike Hayley and I don’t understand Julie’s love for Pheobe Tonkin. Pheobe was actually cast for the show first – before any of the actual Originals and I feel like they’ve structured it around her instead of the Original family and that bothers me. I don’t care about her weird-o arranged marriage or anything. If anything I’d like to find out why she isn’t under the curse with the rest of the werewolves. I also dislike that they are now setting up this Elijah/Hayley/Jackson love triangle. I’ve had enough love triangles on TVD – we don’t need them on this show as well. Hayley has almost started to surpass Elena with her “special snowflake” status.

The witches are pretty frightening. I now understand why Marcel was keeping tabs on them and not letting them practice magic. The witches sort of remind me of some sort of cult. Monique I think must have been brainwashed by the Ancestors or something. Even if Davina comes back she could come back just like Monique – so I think instead of obsessing over getting Davina back Marcel should figure out what the hell happened to Monique and how to keep that from happening to Davina as well.

I was also sad to see Sophie go. I read that there would be a character death in this episode and I was hoping it would be Hayley or Camille. Sadly it ended up being Sophie who was killed by her own niece. I think Sophie was one of the few witches (Davina as well) who had a mind of her own.

I really don’t understand the witches’ revenge plan. Why didn’t they also take Elijah out? Wouldn’t killing Hayley be better revenge than torturing Rebekah and Klaus?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini9857 View Post
    I really don’t like what they’ve done to The Originals. They were presented as being so much more powerful when the came on to The Vampire Diaries. I really think the show would have been so much better if it focused on their family dynamics. I think killing off so many Originals and only leaving three of them was a huge mistake.

I am really over Marcel’s obsession with children. We saw 16/17 year olds killed right and left on TVD and nobody cared. Jeremy was probably 15 or 16 when Damon broke his neck. Katherine killed Caroline when she was 17, Vicki Donovan was probably 15 or 16 (as she’s Matt’s younger sister) with Damon killed her, etc... We’ve been watching high school kids get murdered for five years and suddenly it’s a huge deal? I just don’t get it.
    I don't agree here, I think it is nice that finally someone has a little respect for young life - though it being Marcel is a bit hypocritical. As Sophie said - he killed Moniques mother now he wants to help her? Sophie helping him at all after that makes zero sense. She's not against the other witches, why would she help Marcel over them instead of staying neutral?

Elijah’s obsession with Hayley has completely ruined him for me. I can’t believe that he would save some random stranger (Jackson) instead of going straight off to try and find Rebekah. He was wasting time and taking it out on the vampires was not necessary. He also never puts his family first – he didn’t do anything when Kol & Finn were murdered and he doesn’t even seem to care that they’re dead. I get he’s angry but he should have taken it out on Celeste instead.
    I like to hope it was the baby he placed as so important to save, and then he couldnt leave an innocent life.

I am so sick of seeing men use Rebekah. Every single love interest she’s ever had has never cared about her. Damon, Stefan & Matt have all plotted to kill and her family and worked against her. Marcel’s obviously betrayed her on numerous occasions and we saw flashbacks to Alexander (who daggered her and her four brothers) and now this Oliver guy? She has the worst luck with men.
    She does but then she's not the most loyal either, not with her family at least. She needs to find herself and come to love herself before attempting another relationship.

Klaus can be a bit too impulsive sometimes. He walked right into a trap and he shouldn’t have taken that blade with him (he should have hid it somewhere). I did like that he was really trying to help Kieran and I like their possibly friendship/alliance. I still don’t like Camille though – and I can’t figure her out. Last episode she hated Klaus more than anything and now she’s all willing to work with him?
    He's far too confident, that is why he took it. I love Klaus, but for a redemption arc to work for him he did need taking down a couple dozen pegs.

I dislike Hayley and I don’t understand Julie’s love for Pheobe Tonkin. Pheobe was actually cast for the show first – before any of the actual Originals and I feel like they’ve structured it around her instead of the Original family and that bothers me. I don’t care about her weird-o arranged marriage or anything. If anything I’d like to find out why she isn’t under the curse with the rest of the werewolves. I also dislike that they are now setting up this Elijah/Hayley/Jackson love triangle. I’ve had enough love triangles on TVD – we don’t need them on this show as well. Hayley has almost started to surpass Elena with her “special snowflake” status.
    Ah so I guess I am not alone in hoping she dies in childbirth? :P

The witches are pretty frightening. I now understand why Marcel was keeping tabs on them and not letting them practice magic. The witches sort of remind me of some sort of cult. Monique I think must have been brainwashed by the Ancestors or something. Even if Davina comes back she could come back just like Monique – so I think instead of obsessing over getting Davina back Marcel should figure out what the hell happened to Monique and how to keep that from happening to Davina as well.
    Yeah but he doesn't know yet that Monique is brainwashed.

I really don’t understand the witches’ revenge plan. Why didn’t they also take Elijah out? Wouldn’t killing Hayley be better revenge than torturing Rebekah and Klaus?
    Because Celeste loved Elijah, maybe still even does a little. She wanted make him choose between them and suffer for standing by them when Klaus caused her death. But I don't think she wants Elijah dead. I think Celeste wants Klaus to suffer and probably doesn't believe that killing his child would do it enough. And the witch Guinevieve obviously wants Rebekah to suffer (though why not Marcel as well?)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beck For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (06-02-14)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    I like to hope it was the baby he placed as so important to save, and then he couldnt leave an innocent life.

She does but then she's not the most loyal either, not with her family at least. She needs to find herself and come to love herself before attempting another relationship.

Ah so I guess I am not alone in hoping she dies in childbirth? :P
    I doubt Jackson is an innocent. Don't you have to kill someone to trigger the werewolf curse? Also it sounded like he wanted to run the vampires and witches out of NO and claim it for the werewolves so he's just as power hungry as the witches and Klaus/Marcel.

I agree with about Rebekah. I think that's the main reason Klaus doesn't trust her - she'll happily screw him over for some love interest that she's known for 5 minutes. She really needs to stop being so desperate to find a man and get herself together then maybe she'll find a guy that actually does care about her and isn't looking to screw her over.

I actually hope Hayley dies before childbirth. I just can't imagine a baby on this show and I don't think it would work at all. Having a baby on Angel was questionable - but it did kind of work for a while but on this show I just don't see how it could work at all. Having an infant on this show wold just be a train-wreck and I don't want to see any more super-aging plot-lines (a la Twilight).