Thread: Supernatural Tribes: Spoilers and Discussion Thread

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    With Mulder and Scully!

Default Supernatural Tribes: Spoilers and Discussion Thread

Hey all

With information about the spin off now starting to leak I figured I would start a thread for those interested in the project to easily find the spoilers released and discuss their opinion of it with other forum members.

So far we know that the show is going to be called Supernatural: Tribes and the following information on it's lead cast has been released

The Windy City is on the brink of all-out war. New intel has surfaced about The CW’s Chicago-based planted Supernatural spin-off, Supernatural: Tribes, and it points to an epic battle involving five rival monster families and a vengeance-seeking hunter.

Read on for exclusive details on the key players populating the offshoot (all of whom will be introduced in this season’s 20th episode of Supernatural).

ENNIS ROTH | The de-facto star of the potential series, Ennis is “likeable, strong-willed, resolute, with a strong sense of justice.” He’s the son of a cop who grew up in poverty. He’s en route to the police academy himself when someone he is close to is murdered — presumably by some kind of monster. He meets up with Sam and Dean and “learns the staggering truth” that Chicago is run by five families of monsters (including, but perhaps not limited to, werewolves and shape shifters). And with that, a new monster-hunter is born. Fun fact: Producers are looking to fill this role with an African-American actor in his early 20s.

DAVID HAYDEN | A shape-shifter from one of Chicago’s ruling monster families. He’s been living as a human for some time, but a tragedy propels him back into the life. David is in his early 20s.

MARGO HAYDEN | David’s “professional, strong-willed, determined, ambitious” shape-shifter sister. She’s an “ex-punk rocker gone corporate” who sets out to be the new head of the family in the wake of a tragedy. Margo is in her early 20s.

VIOLET DURANT | A werewolf and part of the wealthy, powerful Durant family. In a twist right out of West Side Story, the early-twentysomething is hot for family rival David (see above), but their love is forbidden.

JULIAN DURANT | Violet’s “savagely handsome, strong, arrogant” twentysomething brother and Ennis’ arch nemesis.

FREDDIE COSTA | A world-weary copy in his 30s, Freddie has a soft spot in his heart for Ennis (he knew his dad back in the day). Fun fact: Freddie’s got a secret.

What do you all think of the information we've been given about the characters so far? Any of them interesting enough for you to get the show a chance, or has the information put you off the idea of watching?

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts

Do not want. Do not want. Do not want.

Honestly it could be an interesting premise, but it doesnt seem to be a spinoff of Supernatural. It just seems like a random supernatural show and they are putting the Supernatural brand on it. So frustrating.

I watch pretty much anything with supernatural creatures so I will end up watching it for that reason. But I was really hoping for something to carry on the Supernatural legacy and feeling.

With all the cop characters it sounds like a rip off of Grimm. Without the wacky city of Portland to explain why no one notices all the Wesen.

Lydia made the punch!

Library Researcher behringtheweb's Avatar

I personally don't think there should be a spin off. The show is already way to good. In my opinion anything that comes after supernatural will not be good. I know there are other hunters stories but to be honest none matter but the Winchesters.

SG Command
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,093 Posts

I didn't want the spinoff to begin with (they should invest their energies in fixing the mess that SPN has become, instead), and nothing I have read so far sounds remotely appealing to me. I think I'm going to pass.

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita