Thread: TO 1x12 Dance Back From The Grave

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Default TO 1x12 Dance Back From The Grave

I liked the Mystic Falls reference because at least we know both shows are happening in the same time-line.

I did like Rebekah calling out Elijah. But I’m not sure we’ve seen enough background on how Klaus always destroys her happiness or whatever. She recently chose to stay in Mystic Falls while her brothers went to New Orleans. She then went on that trip to Europe with Matt for the summer and she could have easily just stayed there and lived her own life. It was her choice to move back in with Klaus and it’s been her choice to stay there. She could have left when she told Elijah she was going to. Nobody’s forcing her to be there.

I get why Thierry ran when Rebekah was attacked. But he should have told someone about what had happened. He instead was just sitting around drinking and if Elijah hadn’t put two and two together Papa Tundre could have wound up channelling both Rebekah & Klaus and been an even bigger threat.

Klaus really needs to work on his leadership skills. He just doesn’t really give very good speeches. Although like Marcel I thought that Klaus was going to lose a lot more vampires. It was interesting that Diego stayed. I think Diego is staring to grow on me. Although I do wonder if we’ll ever see Josh again.

The fact that Hayley’s baby is part witch makes zero sense. Witches are incapable of also being vampires since vampires are an abomination of nature (we’ve seen this with the Originals (who would have witches as humans and Abby Bennett). Since werewolves are also an abomination of nature it should be impossible to be both witch and werewolf as well. Since Hayley is a werewolf and Klaus’ werewolf side is how she got pregnant the baby should just be a werewolf – unless there’s something else going on and Celeste is behind the pregnancy in the first place and it’s not what it appears.

It made even less sense to me that Elijah allowed Hayley to tag along. If that guy took out an Original Vampire he could easily kill Hayley. That’d be good revenge for him – kill Klaus’ biological child.

I actually liked how Papa Tundre considered Marcel to be Klaus’ son (which was a good call back to Marcel basically being Klaus’ adopted son). It was a good call back. It does make the Rebekah/Marcel relationship problematic though (and it always has been for me). It’s basically like being romantically involved with your aunt. From Klaus’ POV I could totally understand why he wouldn’t want his son involved with his sister – it’s weird.

I liked some of the Marcel/Camille stuff. I’d rather see Marcel involved with her than Rebekah and I don’t like Klaus/Cami so it sort of works for me. Although I think Marcel was right when he said that they were all monsters. I don’t see how Cami doesn’t see that. Does she know that Davina was knowingly telling Marcel every time a witch was doing magic so Marcel could kill them? Klaus killing Papa Tundre (a man who was sacrificing people left and right – humans, vampires, werewolves and even witches) may have saved lives (as it prevented anyone else from being sacrificed) and was somewhat more justified that Marcel killing Jane-Anne Deveroux in the pilot.

Everyone always seems to lay the blame on Klaus for everything (just like on TVD everything bad that ever happened was somehow either the fault of Klaus or Katherine). But it seems like a lot of the time everyone else is just as manipulative as Klaus is. Rebekah always goes on and on about how Klaus betrayed her but she was doing the same thing to him and we have no idea who betrayed who first. Bringing Mikael to town? She’s just as bad as he is – if not worse. I don’t really remember seeing Klaus actively plotting against his siblings (unless you count him trying to stop Kol from killing Jeremy) in the way that Rebekah does. It’s no wonder that Klaus has so many trust issues – his father hates him, his mother tried to kill him and all his family members (even including Marcel) are often plotting against him.

Thanks

I so agree that Klaus keeps getting the short end of the stick. He may have daggered his siblings (agree that this is an awful thing to do), but he hasn't tried to kill any of them. Elijah did plot to kill Klaus, and not that long ago. Rebekah has now entered into about nine plots to betray him, often with perfect strangers. Now we find out that Marcel and Rebekah intentionally brought Mikael to town knowing that Mikael had the ability and desire to actually kill Klaus (and Elijah and Rebekah and all the rest of them!). And Klaus had not at this point done anything bad to Marcel besides not allow him to sleep with Rebekah- and I agree that the relationship between those two is too incestuous to be ok. That really made me look at Marcel differently. I had liked Marcel before and (although I love Klaus) thought it was very unfair that he and Elijah would just show up one day and want the keys to the castle turned back over to them. But it's impossible for me to look at Marcel more sympathetically than Klaus knowing that he would betray his father figure so readily for Rebekah.

Also, you are SO right about Davina. She did help Marcel kill or at least bully a bunch of witches (many of whom were probably people she knew, maybe even family), and she also killed those three witches without giving it a thought. It's not that I don't see why she was angry, but it's ridiculous for Camille to be suggesting that Davina was some noble steward of her great magic. She was treading in moral grayness from day one. Frankly, I think it's stupid that Cami seems to be fine with ALL of the other monsters on the show but she totally hates Klaus because he compelled her. She knows about ten percent of what's going on but feels fine sitting in judgment on everyone, all the time.
    Last edited by gregor; 29-01-14 at 10:47 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregor For This Useful Post:

glows (08-02-14),HisMRS (30-01-14)

Thanks

And this is why I no longer like Cami as a character. I get that she's mad she was compelled, but she now remembers everything. Including how nice Klaus was to her, compulsion aside. He showed her his past and she was horrified and felt sympathy for him. She didn't like being compelled into helping him but she liked him. I'm hoping this over the top anti-Klaus thing of hers is a way of her trying to hide that she has feelings for him, though I'm not overly keen on a Klaus/Cami relationship. You are both right, she's condemning him and somehow thinks the rest of them are all ok? What the? Its ok for them to be monsters as long as they don't hurt her personally. Heck she was THERE when Davina killed those 3 witches! (or did I remember wrong?)

Rebekah... I'm starting to really dislike you. Klaus has daggered her when he's felt she betrayed him (leaving him for Stephan, having an affair with Marcel). And she has betrayed him a LOT. He's never tried to kill her, and up until he chose Caroline over her it was always shown she was loyal to Klaus and now it comes out she's been plotting against him for centuries. No wonder he doesn't want her having relationships, she choses them over him and gladly betrays him for them every single time!

Marcel... you were growing on me. I started to like you, I really did. Why betray Klaus for Rebekah? Why not you both just leave if you want to be together so bad? My only thought there is he actually wanted Klaus AND Rebekah gone. Rebekah knew Mikael wanted to kill HER too, why would she bring him there? ???Surely she realised Klaus wouldn't be the only one that needed to flee. Though maybe not, she doesn't have that much sense.

They are making Klaus more and more sympathetic but I really wish that they could have ONE character he can fully trust. Elijah perhaps but he is also always thinking the worst of Klaus. Plus a few years ago he too wanted Klaus dead so he isn't entirely trustworthy.

Diego has also grown on me. I want Josh back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

I totally agree about the Mystic Falls reference. I actually laughed out loud when Marcel said that, because he's so right; seeing Caroline does Klaus good.

I hate Rebekah. I like the sexual tension between her and Marcel, but other than that I think she's no better than Klaus. She's just as devious and manipulative, in her own way. HELLO, it wasn't that long ago that she trapped Stefan, Elena, and Caroline in the high school library for the sake of some petty ass revenge, and she was beyond cruel in compelling the truths out of them about their relationship. Ugh... For her to try to call out Elijah about anything is rediculous.

And why shouldn't Elijah be allowed to fall in love with Hayley? Obviously she's nothing more than an incubator for his child to Klaus. Why does it bother Klaus so bad if Hayley and Elijah want to be together? He wants Caroline; he needs to get out of the way and let Elijah and Hayley be together. But that would kill the drama and suspense, I guess.... :P

Elijah should have ripped out Thierry's heart for leaving Rebekah. If he's supposed to be her ally, he should have told someone as soon as he got back, instead of sitting there nursing his drink. Good thing Elijah is so damn smart.

I totally agree about him letting Hayley come with him, but it ended up being just what they needed, so I'm kinda torn on that... And I am crazy confused on how the baby is a quarter witch when she's a hybrid baby?? I don't get that at all. I didn't think werewolves or vampires could practice magic.

And I freaking haaaaate Cami. GAWD she is such a useless character to me. She and Sophie are both so completely useless and everytime they're on screen all I can do is roll my eyes and pray the scene ends soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HisMRS For This Useful Post:

glows (08-02-14)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HisMRS View Post
    And why shouldn't Elijah be allowed to fall in love with Hayley? Obviously she's nothing more than an incubator for his child to Klaus. Why does it bother Klaus so bad if Hayley and Elijah want to be together? He wants Caroline; he needs to get out of the way and let Elijah and Hayley be together. But that would kill the drama and suspense, I guess.... :P
    I think it's less about Hayley and more about the baby. A few episodes back Klaus flat out said that he thought the child was going to view Elijah's as her father - not him. He feels like there would be no place for him in his own child's life because Elijah has decided to fulfill the role as the father to the baby. Yes, Klaus is really only into Caroline (and Hayley had to have known that because Tyler ranted to her about it and she said "I guess I'll never get my chance with Tyler - any more than you've got a shot with Caroline" to get him into bed. Hayley also called him out on the fact that he wasn't going to kill Tyler because then Caroline would probably hate him.) but it's still weird that his brother is lusting after the woman he knocked up. Elijah/Hayley is just so forced to me - I liked it better when Rebekah & Hayley were hanging out and working together but then Elijah came back into the picture and that seemed to end. Hayley doesn't need a love interest - she just needs a friend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemini9857 For This Useful Post:

HisMRS (31-01-14)

Thanks

The last couple episodes have been a little depressing to me, to be honest. I had really started to like this show much better that TVD (which is sort of being injected with fake drama at this point now that the triangle is sort of played out), but now The Originals is starting to get infected with one of the things I always have disliked about TVD- the failure of any of the characters to exhibit actual personal growth. As with Damon, they're doing the same thing with Klaus- he seems to be making progress in committing to the future of his family and his child, but when the fit hits the shan he does the same kind of short-sighted, brutal crap that ALWAYS backfires on him. PLEASE, writers, let him start to learn from his mistakes! Otherwise I cannot buy him as a great strategist with a thousand years of experience. They're essentially now painting him as a guy who has come out on top for centuries through brute force and nothing else- that is not how he was presented when they were describing the sun and moon curse scheme, etc. We're supposed to believe that he can patiently wait five hundred years for his hybrid scheme to play out, but he can't take twenty minutes to think through his communication style with the vampires he's supposed to be leading? It makes no sense- he pursued Katherine for five hundred years for daring to save her own life and inadvertently ruining his plan, but he just ignores that some of Marcel's vampires have been openly insubordinate? I don't honestly understand why he even wants to be 'King' of New Orleans at this point. He doesn't even seem to enjoy it!

Totally agree about Rebekah- she had better show some redeeming qualities pretty soon or I will have no choice but to hate her. Perhaps if she were to kill Cami... that might do it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregor For This Useful Post:

glows (08-02-14),HisMRS (31-01-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini9857 View Post
    I think it's less about Hayley and more about the baby. A few episodes back Klaus flat out said that he thought the child was going to view Elijah's as her father - not him. He feels like there would be no place for him in his own child's life because Elijah has decided to fulfill the role as the father to the baby. Yes, Klaus is really only into Caroline (and Hayley had to have known that because Tyler ranted to her about it and she said "I guess I'll never get my chance with Tyler - any more than you've got a shot with Caroline" to get him into bed. Hayley also called him out on the fact that he wasn't going to kill Tyler because then Caroline would probably hate him.) but it's still weird that his brother is lusting after the woman he knocked up. Elijah/Hayley is just so forced to me - I liked it better when Rebekah & Hayley were hanging out and working together but then Elijah came back into the picture and that seemed to end. Hayley doesn't need a love interest - she just needs a friend.
    Ahhh, I must have missed that part... That makes sense then. If Klaus is worried about the baby viewing Elijah as his father, then I totally get Klaus' aversion to them being together.

And as far as your last line... Why can't she have both? She can be with Elijah AND be friends with Rebekah- IF Rebekah would stop being an indecisive, sneaky bitch who can't decide if she wants her own life or to ruin her brother's.

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post

Totally agree about Rebekah- she had better show some redeeming qualities pretty soon or I will have no choice but to hate her. Perhaps if she were to kill Cami... that might do it.
    LMFAO YES! If she killed Cami, I'd probably like her a lot more.

Thanks

The episode was really good and Papa Tundre gave them a run for their money. He was scary but it was a shame we don´t get to see him more. Good villain.
    I agree with Rebekkak being mad at Klaus. We saw some examples of how when she was close to some shred of happiness, Klaus did something horrible to her just to have stick with him.
    Also, I agree about Cami. I kinda wish she was the one dead and not Davina.