Thread: Supernatural 9x10 - Road Trip.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Default Supernatural 9x10 - Road Trip.

Since no one else made the thread yet, and i love reading them, ill start if off so i can read hopefully your opinions . My thoughts might be jumbled up because im not an organised person xD.

First, Castiel's reaction to the Gadreel reveal. Sure, Gadreel is an idiot, but its clear to see he was played by Lucifer to allowing him into the Garden. Castiel should understand being used and played, so his reaction was a little surprising, but at the same time understandable? Not that Gadreel could have stopped Lucifer entering if he really wanted i think.

Sam and Dean splitting, again. - How many times do we have to go through this. its not dramatic for me anymore, just repetitive and annoying. Hopefully it wont last longer than 1-2 episodes.

Crowley - Loved Crowley in sam's head. And his standing up to Gadreel after being called a coward. Crowley was awesome this episode.

Abaddon - Crowley is right so far, shes a brute, dosen't seem the cleverest person, not on the level of Lillith or Azazel, who planned and schemed things for years. Abaddon seems to be the strong arm. I hope that changes and she shows real cleverness. I was surprised to hear how much of Hell still fears Crowley though.

Angels/Heaven. 2 Hell Factions, 3? Heaven factions, could be an interesting season for that. I hope it plays out in that, Angels can *earn* their return to heaven if they are still deemed worthy to be an Angel, so the likes of Bartholomew will be stuck outside, while the real Good Angels, of which i dont think there are many, will be able to go back, resulting in a new Heaven. Quick wrap up to Prohpets. Metatron flipped the switch. the end. no more Prophets. Not that they are needed without tablets.

I bring this up most times i post but do you think Gadreel and the throwbacks to Lucifer lately has any meaning? I still think he will be let out of the cage, even though it will be a recycled plot/villain. Maybe Abaddon thinks she needs Lucifer back to keep Heaven from Crowley? Maybe some Angels want Michael back? Though im not sure any of them can open the cage anyway.

first time i did an episode summary, hope its not crappy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikey121 For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (18-01-14),Rosely (17-01-14)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

I actually like Sam & Dean splitting up. I don't want them together 24/7. It does get repetitive but at this point most everything on this show is repetitive - but it doesn't bother me as much as the storylines where Sam or Dean are dying and has to be saved. Then they get mad at each other about it but then it just keeps happening again and again.

I really enjoyed Dean, Castiel & Crowley working together actually. I hope we get to see more of that.

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Side note but does it seem to everyone else as it does to me that, since season 4 - 5, Dean gets the most contact/dialogue/relationships with side characters? Castiel, Crowley, Abaddon, MoL guy, Anna, (practically ALL the Angels) I know its always been a running theme of Dean/Angels and Sam/Demons, but id like to see Sam interact more with side characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini9857 View Post
    I actually like Sam & Dean splitting up. I don't want them together 24/7. It does get repetitive but at this point most everything on this show is repetitive - but it doesn't bother me as much as the storylines where Sam or Dean are dying and has to be saved. Then they get mad at each other about it but then it just keeps happening again and again.

I really enjoyed Dean, Castiel & Crowley working together actually. I hope we get to see more of that.
    I agree that the story can be better when they are apart, but we know they wont stay apart, so it seems pointless apart from 1-2 episodes of them alone.
    Last edited by Ehlwyen; 18-01-14 at 03:35 PM. Reason: double post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey121 View Post
    First, Castiel's reaction to the Gadreel reveal. Sure, Gadreel is an idiot, but its clear to see he was played by Lucifer to allowing him into the Garden. Castiel should understand being used and played, so his reaction was a little surprising, but at the same time understandable? Not that Gadreel could have stopped Lucifer entering if he really wanted i think.
    Yeah I found his reaction to Gadreel pretty irritating as well, considering all he himself has done in the past--he should sympathize with being played, and he himself contributed to the Apocalypse, and in a way worse than Gadreel since he was aware of what he was doing at the time. To lay all of that on just one mook is ridiculous and unfair.

But aside from that I actually enjoyed this episode for the most part--a rare feeling these days with SPN! Crowley was as hilarious and entertaining as ever, I don't know what I will do when he dies given he's one of the few things left I do enjoy; his campaign against Abaddon was a great twist. I was also glad that Sam didn't just accept Dean's violation and kiss and make up already--he should remain angry for a while, given the scale of the betrayal! And as ever I always enjoy seeing Cas and Sam interaction...
    Promise that you'll return to me.

icon by sireesanswar

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sherrilina For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (22-01-14)