Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report a Problem or give a Suggestion

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Log in is still a problem for me. Every time I visit the site I have to log in, even though I click the "remember me" box. Then I always get the "invalid redirect" message. Then I have to click the "forum" link at the top. Many times it gives me a page that makes me log in again, with pretty much the same result. I sent a message about this via the "contact us" link, no reply as yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farfly View Post
    Log in is still a problem for me. Every time I visit the site I have to log in, even though I click the "remember me" box. Then I always get the "invalid redirect" message. Then I have to click the "forum" link at the top. Many times it gives me a page that makes me log in again, with pretty much the same result. I sent a message about this via the "contact us" link, no reply as yet.
    This is weird, what is the URL you essentially login with?
    You should go to http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/forum.php

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farfly View Post
    I finally had this happen on one of my computers. It would say:
    Invalid Redirect URL (http://buffyforums.net/forums/)
    I think the redirecting has to do with the http:// in front of the url. I have some ideas on places to check and will have see why this computer was the only one to register the problem.

I was able to click on the menu links and reach the forum. It just didnt want to redirect to the main forum page.

I am unsure about the reason to keep logging in. Because if i go to buffyforums.net and click the banner to reach the forum, i dont have to login.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I finally had this happen on one of my computers. It would say:

I think the redirecting has to do with the http:// in front of the url. I have some ideas on places to check and will have see why this computer was the only one to register the problem.

I was able to click on the menu links and reach the forum. It just didnt want to redirect to the main forum page.

I am unsure about the reason to keep logging in. Because if i go to buffyforums.net and click the banner to reach the forum, i dont have to login.
    I had this issue with my computer. WHat I ended up doing was going to fandomheart.com and re-bookmarking the forum from there. Don't know why but it solved my problem.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (26-01-14)

Thanks

I can't see this noted anywhere. When I view in the mobile version nothing happens when I try to open a spoiler tag, so I can't see anything under it

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciderdrinker For This Useful Post:

MikeB (26-03-14),Rosely (05-02-14)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 641 Posts

I tried to create a poll... only to realize that I have no idea how. I couldn't find the field to put the options in. Can somebody post a basic step-by-step guide? I must be doing something wrong..

Thanks

There is a link to an FAQ at the top of the page next to private messages, it explains it here: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/fa...#faq_vb3_polls

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
    I tried to create a poll... only to realize that I have no idea how. I couldn't find the field to put the options in. Can somebody post a basic step-by-step guide? I must be doing something wrong..
    You can only add a poll at the time you create the thread. Before posting there is a checkbox asking if you want to add a poll. Then after submitting it lets you create the poll. If you miss this opportunity, a mod will have to add it. If you need this done, let me know what the poll choices are and the thread link.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Is anyone else having the problem of being able to add images using the 'Insert Image' button? When I try, it keeps telling me my file is too large, even if I'm linking remotely. But I can code it by hand and it works perfectly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HisMRS View Post
    Is anyone else having the problem of being able to add images using the 'Insert Image' button? When I try, it keeps telling me my file is too large, even if I'm linking remotely. But I can code it by hand and it works perfectly.
    This has happened to me. I unclick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" option and then it works fine. Does that not work for you as well?

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (11-02-14),Rosely (13-02-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

I will try that next time. Thanks!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Hey!

So I'm new and I have two problems if not more:

When I visit the main Buffy Discussion Panel, non of the thread appear visible to me. Only the Rules of discussion & Dead Threads.

I wanted to contact one of the moderators but either I'm too thick in the head or I don't have the privilege to PM anyone yet...

Appreciate any sort of help or solution!

Dan the Man

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmagick View Post
    Hey!

So I'm new and I have two problems if not more:

When I visit the main Buffy Discussion Panel, non of the thread appear visible to me. Only the Rules of discussion & Dead Threads.

I wanted to contact one of the moderators but either I'm too thick in the head or I don't have the privilege to PM anyone yet...

Appreciate any sort of help or solution!

Dan the Man
    Welcome! Posting a problem in here is the best way to get it fixed anyway.

Thats odd about the Buffy section not being viewable to you. I didnt see anything I thought would affect your usergroup. I made some changes, did that help? Is it just the Buffy section or does the same problems apply to the other sections in Jossverse section?

You may need to have a post count of 5 to send pms. (It can be finicky,so it might be time related since you just joined yesterday. Its an antispam measure.) Otherwise, "send new message" should be found in UserCP on the left under My Messages. If this doesnt resolve after you have a postcount of 5, let us know.

Did you receive an email from buffyforums asking you to click on a link? I dont think that applies here, but I'll ask just in case.

Lydia made the punch!

Hellmouth Tourist
    Thanks

Welcome! Posting a problem in here is the best way to get it fixed anyway.

Thats odd about the Buffy section not being viewable to you. I didnt see anything I thought would affect your usergroup. I made some changes, did that help? Is it just the Buffy section or does the same problems apply to the other sections in Jossverse section?

You may need to have a post count of 5 to send pms. (It can be finicky,so it might be time related since you just joined yesterday. Its an antispam measure.) Otherwise, "send new message" should be found in UserCP on the left under My Messages. If this doesnt resolve after you have a postcount of 5, let us know.

Did you receive an email from buffyforums asking you to click on a link? I dont think that applies here, but I'll ask just in case.
    It's other Jossverse sections as well

I did get an email varifying my address but that's about it. I'm gonna go a head and post around and see if this changes or not.

Thank you for your help

---EDIT---

I figured out the problem with the threads not being visible. I needed to change my settings in Thread Display Options from 'Last Month' to 'Beginning' and there you go! All threads appear visible!
    Last edited by bloodmagick; 15-02-14 at 03:13 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to bloodmagick For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (15-02-14)

Thanks

Oh great! Thanks for letting me know! I totally forgot the forum likes that to be the default. I dont think I can change it for future new members, but its worth a look.

Thanks and have fun!

Lydia made the punch!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

bloodmagick (15-02-14)

Thanks

You may need to have a post count of 5 to send pms.
    Hey!

I have a slight suggestion. Can you make it so the new members (or at least members who don't have 5 post count) can still (only) contact admins/mods via pm?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,675 Times in 5,674 Posts

I'm still having problems in searching. I searched 'Giles' in the Season 10 discussion thread and only got back results from 2014 (presumably since the switch over).

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

MikeB (26-03-14)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 641 Posts

I find that if I click the "reply to thread" button at the bottom of the page, it takes me to the quick-reply field rather than loading the "reply" page. Quick-reply is a great feature, but sometimes I like to be on a separate "reply" page. There's more room in the field to read your post and you can scroll down to read the last few pages of the thread to recap yourself. I find that if you "open in new page" it will take you to the reply page, but if you just single click, it will take you to the quick-reply. Anyone else experiencing this?

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

I find that if I click the "reply to thread" button at the bottom of the page, it takes me to the quick-reply field rather than loading the "reply" page. Quick-reply is a great feature, but sometimes I like to be on a separate "reply" page. There's more room in the field to read your post and you can scroll down to read the last few pages of the thread to recap yourself. I find that if you "open in new page" it will take you to the reply page, but if you just single click, it will take you to the quick-reply. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I could be wrong, one of the staff feel free to correct me if I am wrong. From what I understand what you describe is how this version of the software works. The reason the 'Reply to thread' button is present is so that when you click on it posts that you have chosen to multi-quote will now appear in the quick reply box. The 'Reply to thread' buttons function is not to make the 'reply page' load. For that you should click on the 'Go Advanced' button beneath the quick reply box
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bittersweettwit For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (19-03-14),MikeB (26-03-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweettwit View Post
    I could be wrong, one of the staff feel free to correct me if I am wrong. From what I understand what you describe is how this version of the software works. The reason the 'Reply to thread' button is present is so that when you click on it posts that you have chosen to multi-quote will now appear in the quick reply box. The 'Reply to thread' buttons function is not to make the 'reply page' load. For that you should click on the 'Go Advanced' button beneath the quick reply box
    I'm sorry you have been having trouble and asked. Does Bittersweettwit's response make sense? What you are saying is how it works in this version. The "Go Advanced" button under the Quick Reply box still takes you to the advanced posting screen. You dont have to have anything in the text box to click it. It's what I relied upon in the last version so I didnt realize others relied upon another way that had been eliminated.

Lydia made the punch!