Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Report a Problem or give a Suggestion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Yes it did this time but it didn't tell me what thread it was in, it just says you quoted me and the date. I attract blips I think.
    I checked my "who quoted me" page and am missing at least one quote post from today. So not just you.

It's weird. I will have to keep an eye on it to figure out any trend on what it does.

Lydia made the punch!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

Stoney (16-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I checked my "who quoted me" page and am missing at least one quote post from today. So not just you.

It's weird. I will have to keep an eye on it to figure out any trend on what it does.
    hmmm Tye quoted me, and it didn't show either. But he edited me in.. So maybe it has to do with how a person quotes? Like.. Does this quote you Lyn?

Edit:
    Adding a quote from Stoney:
    Yes it did this time but it didn't tell me what thread it was in, it just says you quoted me and the date. I attract blips I think.
    Does this one not show?

Thanks

Oh and I'm thinking, I merged my two posts there.. maybe that is why yours didn't give the thread? Does this one give you all details?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,197 Times in 5,490 Posts

The last one - #23 - showed up and gave details, the previous post didn't show at all.

Thanks

Okay, thank you Than that's the answer!

The only posts that show up in the "who Quoted me" are the posts that are 'directly' quoted. If you edit them in, they don't.
    (and the other one I merged)

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rosely For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (16-01-14),MikeB (26-03-14),Stoney (16-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosely View Post
    hmmm Tye quoted me, and it didn't show either. But he edited me in.. So maybe it has to do with how a person quotes? Like.. Does this quote you Lyn?

Edit:
    Adding a quote from Stoney:

Does this one not show?
    This one doesnt show. You also quoted me this morning in the mod thread (about the horizontal postbits) that doesnt appear.

Great deduction that it has to be an officially quoted post and not one where it is edited in!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

Do you think perhaps it might be because the user's name/ID were not quoted? Like: [*QUOTE=Stoney;687349]words go here.[*/QUOTE] Maybe the quotes that are just [*QUOTE]words go here[*/QUOTE] don't show up. Maybe?

EDIT: oh, geez. You guys already got there. Nevermind.

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

Rosely (16-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Lou View Post
    Do you think perhaps it might be because the user's name/ID were not quoted? Like: [*QUOTE=Stoney;687349]words go here.[*/QUOTE] Maybe the quotes that are just [*QUOTE]words go here[*/QUOTE] don't show up. Maybe?

EDIT: oh, geez. You guys already got there. Nevermind.

Still......good job figuring it out!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

This one doesnt show. You also quoted me this morning in the mod thread (about the horizontal postbits) that doesnt appear.

Great deduction that it has to be an officially quoted post and not one where it is edited in!
    hmmmm that one I think I did just quote... it should've shown
    And this one should too...

If it doesn't, then I'm clueless

Thanks

hmmmm that one I think I did just quote... it should've shown
    And this one should too...

If it doesn't, then I'm clueless
    It didnt. But I have older posts that you quoted of mine that do appear in the list. So it isnt your account and mine not playing well together.

You clicked the "reply with quote" under my post, right? Do posts I quote of yours appear in your list?

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

It didnt. But I have older posts that you quoted of mine that do appear in the list. So it isnt your account and mine not playing well together.

You clicked the "reply with quote" under my post, right? Do posts I quote of yours appear in your list?
    I did yes, and no it doesn't either now! But Lyri quoted me, and that one does.. I don't know. It must be a bug in the hack... But I'm no xml expert. We'll have to report it at the vBulletin forum I think. http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=255285

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,104 Posts

I went to my settings, but I couldn't find a way.... is it possible to disable the notifications for the quotes, while keeping those for pms, visitor messages and thanks?? I don't really want to have notifications everytime someone quotes me, especially because it happens all the time in the Chat thread.

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

Haha, I had just turned it on because quotes weren't showing in the who quoted me page for some people... I can turn it off again.

Thanks

I don't think we'll get any support for that hack as the coder hasn't responded to a question or problem in that thread for over a year..

I'm afraid if it doesn't work there might be nothing we can do but uninstall it..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,104 Posts

Haha, I had just turned it on because quotes weren't showing in the who quoted me page for some people... I can turn it off again.
    For me it would be better.. but maybe other people like to have the notifications?? It would be cool if the individual user could turn it on/off in their CP panel...but maybe it's not possible at all??

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francy
    For me it would be better.. but maybe other people like to have the notifications?? It would be cool if the individual user could turn it on/off in their CP panel...but maybe it's not possible at all??
    Sorry Francy, I looked in some more places and couldnt find a way to edit notification options further.

Perhaps we could use the hiccups that are causing some quoted posts to not appear. I deleted the semicolon and numbers following your name in the [ quote=] coding. See if this post appears in your notifications.

If the notifications bother you, they probably bother the others you are chatting with. Perhaps the time to delete those numbers will feel well spent by all.

And we are still trying to figure out the other reason quoted posts don't appear.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

If the notifications bother you, they probably bother the others you are chatting with. Perhaps the time to delete those numbers will feel well spent by all.

And we are still trying to figure out the other reason quoted posts don't appear.
    I had already turned the notification off again Since I only turned it on last night, I figured it wouldn't be missed. You have probably not even seen it. It was the same way as the New Rep, New Thanks and New PM. On top of the header.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    I don't think we'll get any support for that hack as the coder hasn't responded to a question or problem in that thread for over a year..

I'm afraid if it doesn't work there might be nothing we can do but uninstall it..
    Well we could uninstall, but then it never gives you quotes... now it at least mostly gives you quotes

Thanks

Lol, well, it I did have some quoted posts yesterday and saw it in my notifications. I didnt realize you had just turned it on though. Nor did I notice it was now off.

I had already went ahead and updated the quoted post counters before seeing your posts, so the forum will move slower for awhile.

I prefer the quoted posts hack even with bugs. I'm a sucker for puzzles so I will keep trying to figure out why it doesnt always show.

Lydia made the punch!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

Rosely (17-01-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,197 Times in 5,490 Posts

Minor blip... under AegeanEcru the 'notification' column under subscribed threads is dropping the final 'n' of the title row to a second line.

Attachment 1138

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

MikeB (26-03-14)