Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report a Problem or give a Suggestion

Thanks

Exclamation Report a Problem or give a Suggestion

Following the upgrade there are bound to be a few things that aren't working as they should.

If you find anything wrong or odd please post it in here so we can address it.

Thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikki For This Useful Post:

Bre (12-01-14),MikeB (13-01-14),Rosely (12-01-14),Stoney (13-01-14)

Thanks

To do:

Good point by Francy: Delete the + reply to thread button, it makes no sense what so ever

Edit: Or maybe it does, it's the button to 'advanced reply'. Maybe it's not that bad, we just need to get used to it

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 725 Posts

Advanced reply is at the bottom, so it isnt needed after every post. If there are too many options, things can look cluttered.

Good call on deleting it!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,229 Times in 5,504 Posts

Not a problem just a question... what do the stars denote above the rep bar?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Hey y'all, when I changed to the mobile premium style on my iPhone, it won't let me change back to view the full site again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Not a problem just a question... what do the stars denote above the rep bar?
    Not sure on that yet. However when clicking on the member's list located under community, the stars are in the column about reputation, so are most likely about
    It has to do with reputation level
    Quote Originally Posted by HisMRS View Post
    Hey y'all, when I changed to the mobile premium style on my iPhone, it won't let me change back to view the full site again.
    Thats no good.

Okay, I have looked at it. I see that there isnt a drop down box to select another skin. And the link to the full site isnt working. And there is nowhere to enter settings/usecp. This is something hopefully Rosely can fix.

I attempted to reset your forum skin in the admin panel, hopefully that worked?

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,991 Times in 2,735 Posts

Hi guys I don't know if this is the right thread to post this is in but I just wanted to say that since the forum has changed I'm able to access it again! Phew! I am so relieved that I'm able to be a part of the community again And might I add that the forum looks SO different! It caught me by surprise
    - "The earth is doomed" -

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

MikeB (14-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HisMRS View Post
    Ah crap yes, I need to remove it. The other mobile style does work. There is a link at the bottom "go back to full site" and what it should do is link you to "&styleid=18" in the link where you are. But the premium does something weird with that. I'll see if I can fix it.

Go here: http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/forum.php?styleid=18 and it'll be back to normal.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,104 Posts

Hey all!!

I noticed that on the user's profile page there is no longer the feature that allows you to see your posts that have been thanked, and the posts you thanked. It is by no means important, but it was a handy way of keeping track of who thanked your posts (especially when the posts being thanked were not very recent). Is that feature still available for this version of the forum???

Thanks!!

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Francy For This Useful Post:

MikeB (14-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francy View Post
    Hey all!!

I noticed that on the user's profile page there is no longer the feature that allows you to see your posts that have been thanked, and the posts you thanked. It is by no means important, but it was a handy way of keeping track of who thanked your posts (especially when the posts being thanked were not very recent). Is that feature still available for this version of the forum???

Thanks!!
    I've installed a hack that gives notification, and I'm not sure but it should lead towards a special page with an overview. You can turn the notification on and off, by default it's turned on. Hope it's what you meant

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosely For This Useful Post:

Francy (13-01-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosely View Post
    I've installed a hack that gives notification, and I'm not sure but it should lead towards a special page with an overview. You can turn the notification on and off, by default it's turned on. Hope it's what you meant
    Not exactly, but it's good nonetheless (even better)!!! :batticinque:

|LiveJournal| | |Tumblr|
    Icon by xiperita

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Francy For This Useful Post:

Rosely (13-01-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 491 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Thats no good.

Okay, I have looked at it. I see that there isnt a drop down box to select another skin. And the link to the full site isnt working. And there is nowhere to enter settings/usecp. This is something hopefully Rosely can fix.

I attempted to reset your forum skin in the admin panel, hopefully that worked?

Yep, thank you!! It's "back to normal" for me now...

Thanks

I have had problems with the search function... I was in the S5 rewatch thread and wanted to find a post by Maggie where she mentioned the B/S flamey hands. I got zero search results for searching either for 'hand' or for any posts by Maggie (I found it as post #37 on the thread). I then tested by searching the thread for '5.' which is how all the episode initial posts start and got nothing. I searched on the forum wide search for 'destiny' and only got results from 2010 or earlier.

Also, I have noticed that the 'time online' has reset. I don't mind, I don't think it matters, it is just an observation in case that links or has relevance to anything behind the scenes. For me it actually means my husband can't raise his eyebrows as readily as he could when it outed me before. Not that that will last long.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

MikeB (15-01-14)

Thanks

I have had problems with the search function... I was in the S5 rewatch thread and wanted to find a post by Maggie where she mentioned the B/S flamey hands. I got zero search results for searching either for 'hand' or for any posts by Maggie (I found it as post #37 on the thread). I then tested by searching the thread for '5.' which is how all the episode initial posts start and got nothing. I searched on the forum wide search for 'destiny' and only got results from 2010 or earlier.
    Searching for just a word like hand has always just brought up results for only hand. However, the * modifier doesnt seem to be working the way it used to. (If at all.) A search for hands did pull up the post though.

Searches for less than 3 characters have never been enabled.

Search for posts by a user appears to be limited to posts made since the forum was updated or when the database was last copied. Maybe updating counters will work.

And the different searches available to search forumwide are not behaving as expected or even uniformly. :/

I will have to look into this further.

Also, I have noticed that the 'time online' has reset. I don't mind, I don't think it matters, it is just an observation in case that links or has relevance to anything behind the scenes. For me it actually means my husband can't raise his eyebrows as readily as he could when it outed me before. Not that that will last long.
    Yeah, the time online is a hack. Our values actually got reset a few days before the forum update with a different time online hack. Fortunately/unfortunately, this time online hack allows time online accumulation much quicker than the last.

Lydia made the punch!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

MikeB (15-01-14),Stoney (15-01-14)

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

Not really sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that when I click on another users name that the users 'Activity Page' is showing information from posts that I put into spoiler tags in my original post. It only shows a line or so but I thought I'd mention it just so you know
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweettwit View Post
    Not really sure if this is a bug but I've noticed that when I click on another users name that the users 'Activity Page' is showing information from posts that I put into spoiler tags in my original post. It only shows a line or so but I thought I'd mention it just so you know
    Yeah, that is disappointing. I looked into that last night. But it wasn't anything that could be easily fixed. I could lessen the number of characters that show of a post if you think that would help? Otherwise, try not to put, "OMG so and so DIED!" in the first couple sentences when reviewing a just aired show.

Lydia made the punch!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

Bittersweettwit (15-01-14)

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    Yeah, that is disappointing. I looked into that last night. But it wasn't anything that could be easily fixed. I could lessen the number of characters that show of a post if you think that would help? Otherwise, try not to put, "OMG so and so DIED!" in the first couple sentences when reviewing a just aired show.
    Ah OK no problem Personally I don't really mind spoilers so it isn't a big deal for me but I know others are much more sensitive about them so just thought I'd bring it up
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Thanks

Just noticed that where I was quoted in #14 above and when Dipstick quoted me on the last post made on the AtS 5 rewatch thread they haven't appeared in my 'Who Quoted Me' list. I don't mind personally but thought I would mention it in case there is a gremlin a-lurkin'.

I'm sure this sort of thing is a nightmare to manage so I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the team who are working so hard on all this. I'm already used to the new layout and am looking forward to seeing all the banners when we start voting. I love coming here and it is the community that makes it such a great place. Thanks guys.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:

Nikki (16-01-14),Rosely (16-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosely View Post
    Quoting myself to test the quoting

Just noticed that where I was quoted in #14 above and when Dipstick quoted me on the last post made on the AtS 5 rewatch thread they haven't appeared in my 'Who Quoted Me' list. I don't mind personally but thought I would mention it in case there is a gremlin a-lurkin'.
    Hmm that's weird! But I just tested it, and quoted myself, and it worked. I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you. Does this quote show up?
    I'm sure this sort of thing is a nightmare to manage so I just wanted to say a big thank you to all the team who are working so hard on all this. I'm already used to the new layout and am looking forward to seeing all the banners when we start voting. I love coming here and it is the community that makes it such a great place. Thanks guys.
    Thank you!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosely For This Useful Post:

Stoney (16-01-14)

Thanks

Yes it did this time but it didn't tell me what thread it was in, it just says you quoted me and the date. I attract blips I think.