Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Report a Problem or give a Suggestion

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

I'd just like to point out that my anti-virus program won't let me into the 'Backgrounds, brushes, etc.' thread in the fanart resources section. It tells me that there's malware present. I remember I had a similar problem a few years ago when Zugma's site was still online and I think there was a few issues there?

Anyway, just a heads up. I don't know if anyone else is having an issue.
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (25-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,695 Times in 1,275 Posts

It's indeed an issue that is caused by Zugma's old work. The same problem arises when you try to look into old challenges or her tutorial thread. But it's probably time to do something about it in the workshop thread since that one is still active. It is possible to go directly to the last page of that thread and see the recent stuff though.

Does somebody know how we can reach the posts that cause the malware warning so we can remove those pictures?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (25-01-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

I can't get into the thread at all - as soon as I click on the last page (or any page) my anti-virus kicks in. Which is a pain, because I wanted to share new textures that I'd made, lol.

I imagine that a lot of the resources that have been posted in that thread would be dead by now, so maybe it would be better to archive it and start a new one? Any one still active who had posted in that thread could then just repost in a new thread.
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 725 Posts

I dont have any problem entering the thread. I thought I could delete the links but then I realized how many pages there were in the thread. It is also quite possible there are other links causing your antivirus to deny the thread.

It is best to start a new thread and link to the old one for those who can still enter it. I created one here. Nina, you can edit it any way you wish.

Lydia made the punch!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ehlwyen For This Useful Post:

Nina (25-01-15)

Thanks

As it was mentioned I should asked about this here. A friend of mine was asked to join these forums but she's having trouble logging in because it sounds like AOL is automatically zapping her any automated emails with the registration code, etc. Does anyone know the workaround for that? Thanks.

Thanks

How very frustrating for her! I am glad you were able to post for help. What's her username? I should be able to activate her account.

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

American Aurora. She signed up last week.

Thanks

Thanks! She should be able to log into the account now. Let me know if she has any more difficulty.

Lydia made the punch!

Sunnydale High Student Cordelia's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlwyen View Post
    I dont have any problem entering the thread. I thought I could delete the links but then I realized how many pages there were in the thread. It is also quite possible there are other links causing your antivirus to deny the thread.

It is best to start a new thread and link to the old one for those who can still enter it. I created one here. Nina, you can edit it any way you wish.
    I've been snooping around this thread just for curiosity's sake and couldn't resist giving said problematic thread a shot. Instantly upon clicking the hyperlink in the new version I received the following screen which surprised me since supposedly it is antivirus software that responded with alert to it and I'm on a Mac. Macs are immune to viruses though are susceptible to limited forms of malware. Or so I've heard. My aim was to expand the knowledge of this problem to Macs so here you have it.

PuckRobin I'm glad your friend's login issue was quickly resolved and that she knew someone who could inquire on her behalf. I can't tell you how many times I've needed a reminder of an older username or have had issues retrieving a password on websites that had me digging around for a method of contacting a staff member that didn't require one to be logged in. Real convenient when the issue is that you can't login right? Fortunately it seems Buffyforms as an easy access 'Contact Us' form that shouldn't require one to be logged in but just the same I find your friend fortunate to have had someone on the inside.
    Last edited by Cordelia; 08-02-15 at 10:33 PM.

"I'm lost without you."
    "You've just forgotten who you are."
    "Remind me".
    OTP
    Cordy and Angel

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

Admins, would you consider enabling RSS (Really Simple Syndication) for BuffyForums? It would greatly help the Sunnydale Herald Newsletter promote this site!

Over here are details on how we think the setting can be switched on.
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...l=1#post723553

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thenewbuzwuzz For This Useful Post:

Double Dutchess (20-06-19),flow (20-06-19),Priceless (20-06-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,463 Times in 4,079 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thenewbuzwuzz View Post
    Admins, would you consider enabling RSS (Really Simple Syndication) for BuffyForums? It would greatly help the Sunnydale Herald Newsletter promote this site!

Over here are details on how we think the setting can be switched on.
    http://www.buffyforums.net/forums/sh...l=1#post723553
    Oh yes, I completely second this! It would be great for the forum and allow it to be more easily publicised in the Herald.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,618 Posts

I second that too! I hope it's possible to do it.

flow
    ................................ Banner by buffylover