Thread: TO 1x08 The River In Reverse

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Default TO 1x08 The River In Reverse

I do not care about Elijah/Hayley. I donít see why Elijah canít have a love interest who isnít knocked up with his brotherís child. Iíd much prefer Elijah find someone who hasnít ever been with his brother. Itís just weird and I wish that plot line would go away. I canít believe he needed Klaus to spell it out for him though. Klaus obviously would have an issue with them hooking up and Elijah should know him well enough to know that he would view that as Elijah trying to steal his child away Ė I thought it was obvious from the beginning.

Hayley really should have just let him be though and left when he asked her to. Rebekah drank werewolf venom at the beginning of Season 4 (Connor put in the kegs at her party) and she hallucinated ripping out Mattís heart than laid down and slept it off. There was nothing Hayley could do for him Ė she was just endangering her own life (weíve seen Rose & Damon attack people due to hallucinations).

I donít understand why Rebekah didnít just leave town like she planned if she wanted Klaus gone. I think Camille was right about it being a vicious cycle Ė they keep doing the same things over and over again. Maybe if Davina had done that spell that Bonnie did to desiccate a vampire they would have stood a chance but I donít think Rebekah & Marcel had a well-thought out plan.

I hope Tyler is going to stay in the Garden indefinitely. And what was all that nonsense about hybrids being superior? Everyone in Mystic Falls seemed to kill them without any problem and Marcel is about 30 years older than Stefan & Damon Ė so if the Salvatores can easily kill hybrids I donít see why it would be an issue for Marcel and the other vampires. Rebekah is well aware that hybrids arenít the master race Klaus was hoping theyíd be.

For a moment there I thought Klaus was actually going to turn into a wolf so I was a bit disappointed he didnít because weíve never gotten to see him turn.

Even though Klaus has done a lot of horrible things it does seem like there may be plenty of blame to go around. Elijah & Rebekah are also both mass murders and it seems like all of them have betrayed each other at various times. They obviously also just allowed Klaus to dagger various family members as well. When Rebekah was daggered for 52 years where were Elijah & Kol? Why didnít they undagger her? In fact why have none of them melted down the daggers or dropped them at the bottom of the ocean?

Thanks

I SO agree with you about Elijah/Hayley. Of ALL the women in the world, he starts being all flirty and gallant with his bro's baby mama? Really? WHILE SHE'S STILL PREGNANT? That is pathetic. And that's apart from the fact that she's 980 years younger than him, roughly. He treats Hayley like she's such an admirable person without knowing a single thing about her. Does Elijah know how she screwed over twelve hybrids and double-crossed her own kind for completely selfish reasons? She's got quite a bit more in common with Klaus than Elijah as far as personality traits and personal weaknesses go.

I do like Elijah but I'm getting tired of the "I'm the noble brother" act that he puts on, as well as the fact that others let him act that way. The man is an absolute SUCKER for a pretty face. Wasn't he just passionately in love with Katherine? And as for never giving up on Klaus, he conspired with Stefan, Damon et al to kill Klaus on TVD. KILL him. That wasn't too long ago, either.

I do not understand what they are doing with Tyler, but I also hope that he ends up in the Garden for a good long while. He's an agitating little pipsqueak who is completely obsessed with Klaus and therefore thinks he's much more important than he is. I don't know why Rebekah didn't just kill him since he'd clearly be a danger to the baby if he ever escaped. I don't get the 'super race' thing either. Hybrids don't appear to be any harder to kill than regular vampires, they just have an extra weapon. Klaus didn't want them because they were invincible, he wanted them because he wanted the built-in loyalty. It seems perfectly obvious to everyone watching the show that any hybrids created from the baby's blood would be sired to the baby. Why has that not occurred to anyone else?

I am interested to see whether Elijah and Rebekah regret what they've done in the next episodes. I couldn't tell whether they saw any justice in Klaus's indictment of their lack of loyalty during his speech or not. I agree, Rebekah could have just left. Klaus never asked her to stay, or even to come to New Orleans at all.

I loved, loved, loved Klaus's ass-kicking scene, from the music to his wolf eyes to Rebekah's sudden realization that it wasn't going to work to Marcel's absolute reversal of fortune. I don't know what happens now but I think it was necessary to show why Klaus is so feared and why no one who has tried to defeat him has been successful- and that he doesn't need his Original siblings to defend the throne. On TVD I didn't like how many of Klaus's plans got foiled because it seemed inconsistent with who Klaus was supposed to be. It was nice to see him put down this group of upstarts all by himself.

What I'd like to see from Klaus at this point is for him to cut his losses with his siblings and consider them dead to him. Then he should move on. I really hope he isn't going to launch a big revenge campaign. I love Klaus's character, but he needs to get past some of his hangups about being illegitimate, unloved, etc if he wants to become a true leader and master of his own future. I'm apprehensive about the scenes they showed from next week of him sending Marcel's vampires to slaughter the werewolves in the bayou, presumably to destroy anyone or anything that Hayley might have loyalty to more than his child. Marcel is right that Klaus will never experience real loyalty until he can connect with people enough to inspire it. It will be disappointing if he regresses right now, even though it would be understandable after Rebekah's betrayal and Elijah's lack of faith in him. I got chills when he handed the dagger back to Elijah- like he was saying to them that he didn't care enough about them anymore to punish them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    I SO agree with you about Elijah/Hayley. Of ALL the women in the world, he starts being all flirty and gallant with his bro's baby mama? Really? WHILE SHE'S STILL PREGNANT? That is pathetic. And that's apart from the fact that she's 980 years younger than him, roughly. He treats Hayley like she's such an admirable person without knowing a single thing about her. Does Elijah know how she screwed over twelve hybrids and double-crossed her own kind for completely selfish reasons? She's got quite a bit more in common with Klaus than Elijah as far as personality traits and personal weaknesses go.
    Agreed. I get Hayley's attraction to what she knows of Elijah, but Elijah seems more in love with being in love than getting to know her. But does he really even care for her or is it the idea of a niece, of the baby? Perhaps even on a subconscious level Elijah sees pregnant Hayley as being HIS new family. Eh, I don't know. The attraction there seems just to be to irritate Klaus and have some form of romance in the show. Doesn't gel with me at all.

I do like Elijah but I'm getting tired of the "I'm the noble brother" act that he puts on, as well as the fact that others let him act that way. The man is an absolute SUCKER for a pretty face. Wasn't he just passionately in love with Katherine? And as for never giving up on Klaus, he conspired with Stefan, Damon et al to kill Klaus on TVD. KILL him. That wasn't too long ago, either.
    I think he's come a long way since then, he wanted to kill Klaus but he did end up betraying the others for Klaus. Or for his other siblings.

I do not understand what they are doing with Tyler, but I also hope that he ends up in the Garden for a good long while. He's an agitating little pipsqueak who is completely obsessed with Klaus and therefore thinks he's much more important than he is. I don't know why Rebekah didn't just kill him since he'd clearly be a danger to the baby if he ever escaped. I don't get the 'super race' thing either. Hybrids don't appear to be any harder to kill than regular vampires, they just have an extra weapon. Klaus didn't want them because they were invincible, he wanted them because he wanted the built-in loyalty. It seems perfectly obvious to everyone watching the show that any hybrids created from the baby's blood would be sired to the baby. Why has that not occurred to anyone else?
    That annoys me too, didn't Hayley even comment that the new hybrid acted sired to her? Everyone totally glossed over that. Tyler was there and saw it and he still didn't seem to get it I'm not sorry to see Tyler go either, I used to like his character but the revenge kick is silly, he knows he has no chance against Klaus and it has consumed his character completely.

I am interested to see whether Elijah and Rebekah regret what they've done in the next episodes. I couldn't tell whether they saw any justice in Klaus's indictment of their lack of loyalty during his speech or not. I agree, Rebekah could have just left. Klaus never asked her to stay, or even to come to New Orleans at all.
    Yeah Rebekah could have just left and had this happy life she's wanted, but I think she stayed because she is also like her brother in that she loves to be in love, and Marcel played her. I don't believe for a second he actually cares for Rebekah like she does him. I think they both regret what has happened with Klaus, I think it was written all over their faces. Elijah especially. And while Klaus has done some horrid things, he was right. Ever since Elijah talked him into the whole "lets be a family" thing he has done everything for them, for the baby. Even daggering Elijah in his twisted way was doing that.

I loved, loved, loved Klaus's ass-kicking scene, from the music to his wolf eyes to Rebekah's sudden realization that it wasn't going to work to Marcel's absolute reversal of fortune. I don't know what happens now but I think it was necessary to show why Klaus is so feared and why no one who has tried to defeat him has been successful- and that he doesn't need his Original siblings to defend the throne. On TVD I didn't like how many of Klaus's plans got foiled because it seemed inconsistent with who Klaus was supposed to be. It was nice to see him put down this group of upstarts all by himself.
    Agreed 100%.

What I'd like to see from Klaus at this point is for him to cut his losses with his siblings and consider them dead to him. Then he should move on. I really hope he isn't going to launch a big revenge campaign. I love Klaus's character, but he needs to get past some of his hangups about being illegitimate, unloved, etc if he wants to become a true leader and master of his own future. I'm apprehensive about the scenes they showed from next week of him sending Marcel's vampires to slaughter the werewolves in the bayou, presumably to destroy anyone or anything that Hayley might have loyalty to more than his child. Marcel is right that Klaus will never experience real loyalty until he can connect with people enough to inspire it. It will be disappointing if he regresses right now, even though it would be understandable after Rebekah's betrayal and Elijah's lack of faith in him. I got chills when he handed the dagger back to Elijah- like he was saying to them that he didn't care enough about them anymore to punish them.
    Having him move on too fast wouldn't work with his character, I thought the end scene with the dagger showed the beginnings of it happening though and I hope it does continue in that direction. Didn't like the look of next ep with the werewolf slaughtering though

Are they going to do more of the witches storyline? Don't get me wrong, I hate Sophie and don't miss her but I can't quite work out who the "big bad" of the show this season is - Marcel or the witches?

Thanks

Having him move on too fast wouldn't work with his character, I thought the end scene with the dagger showed the beginnings of it happening though and I hope it does continue in that direction. Didn't like the look of next ep with the werewolf slaughtering though
    Yes, that's true- and I'm sure that they won't have him suddenly be ready to get beyond it. I think the reason it bothers me is the same reason it bothers me that Rebekah is such a moron about men: after a thousand years, I'd like to believe that they would have made more progress in getting past their childhood.

I am very curious to see what happens now with Klaus and Marcel- Klaus really cared about Marcel, like a son. I really want to know what Marcel's view is of his history with Klaus. Rebekah said that they all believed Marcel had died when their father drove them from New Orleans and had mourned him. So are the Originals angry because Marcel didn't stay with them and leave when they were driven out, because he usurped their empire, because he didn't look for them? Is Marcel actually angry because Klaus wouldn't let him be with Rebekah, or is he just defending his empire by playing Rebekah like a fiddle? It seems unlikely that they're angry that he didn't just agree to step aside for them when they happened to waltz back into town...

The past few episodes haven't had anything to do with the witches or Davina, which is very weird. Why on earth would they try to go after Klaus without using Marcel's super weapon? That was weird. I was getting a little sick of the witches, particularly after finding out that they were not the innocent victims they had originally appeared to be, but it's odd to drop the story like that.

Maybe it's just me but I'm getting pretty tired of Cami. She didn't bother me at first, but the past few episodes have made her seem very whiny and self-absorbed. I don't get what either Marcel or Klaus would see in her, either romantically or as a compelling person to spend time with.
    Last edited by gregor; 28-11-13 at 06:06 AM.

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    He treats Hayley like she's such an admirable person without knowing a single thing about her. Does Elijah know how she screwed over twelve hybrids and double-crossed her own kind for completely selfish reasons?
    I think Hayley sort of idealizes Elijah in the same the way Elena used to idealize Stefan and think Damon was the horrible one back in Season 1 - even though they're both mass murders who have slaughtered people, but she just refused to acknowledge that aspect of Stefan.

But I also agree with you about Elijah. He really doesn't know her and he started to fawn over her the second he met her and was informed about the baby - I wish we knew how much of what happened in Mystic Falls he's aware of because it was news to him that Klaus had killed Carol Lockwood.

Thanks

True, he definitely didn't seem to know much about what had happened in Mystic Falls. And I think it would actually make a difference if he knew about Hayley's treachery because he dumped Katherine like a hot rock when he found out that she had killed Jeremy. Really, the more I think about it the more inappropriate it seems for Elijah to have interposed himself between Klaus and Hayley like he has. Klaus and Hayley have had a couple conversations that made it seems as if they could find common ground. Not romantically, but as people. The second Elijah came back, that all stopped and she only had eyes (and ears) for Elijah. If Elijah was interested in solidifying the family aspect of Hayley having a baby, he would be trying to forge a platonic bond between Hayley and Klaus, not trying to make kissy faces at her every chance he gets!