Thread: Season 4 (aka The Rest of Storm of Swords) is Coming

Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 678 Posts

Default Season 4 (aka The Rest of Storm of Swords) is Coming

Since filming is underway, thought I'd bring over a bit of whatever news that's surfaced.

I've posted the casting info behind cuts, but honestly it's just rudimentary character identification in the spoilered part so... not very spoilery.

Mark Gattis (U.K. Sherlock co-creator/co-star) has been cast as new character for Season 4.
    Spoiler:
    Book readers may remember the character from "A Dance with Dragons" as the representative from the Iron Bank of Braavos. They're apparently moving up his entrance into the story and it's probably not a leap to think he'll be an amalgam of Iron Bank representatives from the books)

Indira Varma (from HBO's "Rome") has been cast as a new Dornish character
    Spoiler:
    Ellaria Sand, the Red Viper's lover

Pedro Pascal (a Chilean actor who once had a brief bit part on BtVS) has been cast as a new Dornish character who was popular among book readers
    Spoiler:
    He's to be Prince Oberyn Martell aka "The Red Viper"

Roger Ashton-Griffiths has been cast as
    Spoiler:
    Margaery and Loras' father/ Lady Oleana's son

Prince Tommen Baratheon has been re-cast (this may be due to filming and child labor laws. The new actor is a couple of years older than the last one but still has quite the baby face )

"The Mountain" aka Gregor Clegane has been recast as well (again) (Which, since the last one hadn't looked nearly as imposing as the first, it's not really much of a surprise that they tried again).

The surprise recast has been that
    Spoiler:
    Dany's boytoy Daario Neharis has been recast for some reason
    . The Dutch actor, Michiel Huisman, has appeared on HBO's Treme and on NBC's Nashville.
    Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.
    ~Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Thanked 3,914 Times in 1,846 Posts

I'd like to think that last bit of recasting was because the original actor looked like an android of some kind

Overall seems like smart casting. These guys are very good about resisting stunt-casting the series. Still doesn't change the fact that some of the new characters arcs are (Storm of Swords spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    anticlimactic as hell to say the very least *glaring at pretty much the entire Dornish people*

Banner by LRae12

Thanks
    Thanked 2,673 Times in 678 Posts

Holy Spoilers, Batman!

Someone posted a screencap of one day's filming call sheet. Interesting tidbits to be gleaned.
    Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.
    ~Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Thanked 8,213 Times in 3,956 Posts

I haven't read the spoilers, but I am glad to know that Daario has had a change of actor, and I really like Michael Huisman who was great in Treme and The Haunting of Hill House, and so much better looking than the last Daario. I can perhaps see Dany falling for him, although not if he's got the same cringey lines.