Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffy 9.25 preview pages SPOILER discussion

Thanks
    Thanked 13,666 Times in 5,668 Posts

Ha! My point was that they aren't interesting observations at this point they are more random observations based on a snippet view. These are preview pages they won't show everything. It isn't like the actual pages will even pad out everything. They simply don't/can't show every moment/movement. Sometimes it is deliberate, sometimes it is an inconsistency and sometimes it just doesn't matter. These are only previews so we have no idea which of those applies to any of these points. If any random question like these ones aren't answered in the actual pages it probably just doesn't matter.

Essentially I was wondering why you remarked on the fact that the preview pages didn't show how Buffy got free? The actual pages probably will.

Sunnydale High Student
    Thanks

I wonder if Illyria survives this issue. Are there any pages with her in them? If so, can someone describe them to me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 406 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illyriafan View Post
    I wonder if Illyria survives this issue. Are there any pages with her in them? If so, can someone describe them to me?
    The preview appears to be the first 3 pages of the issue. Illyria is on the first page kneeling next to Severin while he holds the big red new Seed.

Severin: It's too much. I can't hold it in any longer...
    Illyria: You must. They'll all die if you don't.

Page 2:
    Simone to Koh and D'Hoffryn: You backed the wrong Slayer.
    Koh: No!
    D'Hoffryn: A creature like you cannot be allowed to survive.

Buffy being supported between Xander and Willow, bleeding heavily from the shoulder (weakly says): I'm sorry...
    Willow: Don't be Buffy. The new Seed's going live any second. As long as you sister's magic doesn't evaporate before Sev goes kaboom she still has a chance.
    Koh and Simone land in front of the Scoobies as they wrestle.
    Willow: Too bad the kaboom's going to take us with it.
    Buffy: No! You came down here to save my sister, I'm getting you out.
    Xander: You have a hole in your chest.
    Buffy: It's not that bad.

Page 3:
    Maloker grabs Buffy in one hand.
    Buffy: Ow! Kay it's worse. Maloker holds her in front of his face.
    Maloker: Slayer blood.
    Buffy: ...Demon breath.
    Koh stabs Maloker in the hand with one of his energy rings so he drops Buffy.
    Maloker looks at his wound as Koh pulls Buffy into standing up.
    Koh: Slayer-Buffy-Awake! We must defeat this creature before the Siphon explodes!
    Simone climbs up the other coffins while holding the Scythe and says: They're all yours, Maloker. Summers will die down here fighting for her friends.

End of preview.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 31-08-13 at 08:56 PM.

Evil Twin
    Thanks

I'm not getting the impression that anything major happens in this issue. I could be wrong but the preview pages make it seem like its going to be very by the numbers. No sacrifice, no big cost to be paid. If anything major does happen I expect it will be with magic returning to the world.
    “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -- Albert Einstein

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PointMan View Post
    I'm not getting the impression that anything major happens in this issue. I could be wrong but the preview pages make it seem like its going to be very by the numbers. No sacrifice, no big cost to be paid. If anything major does happen I expect it will be with magic returning to the world.
    Don't be too sure about that. I think a big twist is coming and this will be how the season ends. George Jeanty said the last panel shows Buffy and Willow facing a big dilemma. I don't see how this can be by the numbers here.

I'm still wondering why Willow doesn't tell Buffy about what she learned about the Seed. Because even if Severin *does* get the Seed jumpstarted...there's still no guarantee Willow's plan would be the shortcut to restoring magic enough for her to use it. This recalls the comment about "you get what you need, not what you want." If that phrase means anything it says Willow won't get what she "wants"...but might get what she "needs".

Translation: Dawn may be saved but Willow will be left without any magic powers for the rest of her life. That's a very severe penalty Willow gets to pay.
    Last edited by DorothyFan1; 02-09-13 at 05:57 PM.