Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maloker

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 632 Posts

I'd also add Anya, Illyria, Eldre Koh, Whistler and possibly Doyle to that list. Plus all the demons at Xander and Anya's non-wedding and Kenny the thricewise. And Skyler the demon that tried to sell them the Ascention books for five grand. I don't think the show or comics have ever placed demon life on the same level as human life, but Buffy generally doesn't kill demons willy-nilly who aren't currently threatening anyone.

I disagree with DanSlayer that a conversation between Buffy and Spike about Illyria would have changed Buffy's view on demons in any significant way.
    Last edited by Vampire in Rug; 16-09-13 at 11:14 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vampire in Rug For This Useful Post:

Emmie (10-09-13)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 632 Posts

So Maloker died in the magical sunlight explosion that came from Severin when when all the magical energy inside him exploded and partially charged the Seed... or something.

I feel a little bit disappointed, the being that *created vampires* should have been a bigger deal IMO. I thought Maloker was cool, but his role in the story was basically the same as Jabba's pet rancor.

Also it could have been a chance to explore the Old One mythology a little better. Where do the Old One coffins come from? Why are the coffins human sized? Why did the Old Ones die out in the first place? Did Maloker know Illyria previously?

Also, I don't like the idea that Maloker can die simply from sunlight. My personal canon is that the energy blast killed Maloker because of it's mystical nature. It was more than simple sunlight, it destroyed the tree that was on top of the Deeper Well too. Plus it fried Severin and Illyria and jump-started the Seed.

Back in AtS season 5 Eve said that Old Ones "don't die like we do". I like the idea that maybe Maloker's essence is still around, maybe trapped inside one of those coffins again. For that matter, maybe Illyria's essence is still in the Deeper Well somewhere too.

If we ever see Maloker again, I'd like it if he got resurrected the same way Illyria did. Instead of coming back to life in his gigantic Old One body, maybe he could have a human host as a "shell." I'd like to see what some of the different Old Ones could look like with human hosts.

So did anyone else like Maloker as much as I did? I thought he looked cool, and had a lot of potential to be awesome in the mythology (even if his potential was never realized in the story).

Thanks

His look was okay, and on paper he sounds intresting but the execution of him being just a b-b..BIG monster was flat. His reaction to Angel or Spike could have been interesting. While they could wank out and say old Ones cannot die so he's stil around, I don't think they will do so for him or Illyria.

Unless the red-head vamp girl became Maloker's host body, but I doubt it.