Thread: Hannibal

Thanks

Default Hannibal

So who else is watching Hannibal? I absolutely love it! I think it is one of the best shows I have seen in a while and I canít believe it has not been renewed for a second season yet I hope it will be

Thoughts on 1x09 under spoiler tag

Spoiler:
    Man I loved this episode, first off this show in general is just visually stunning and the actors in it are all great. Loved to see Abigail back! Her relationship with Hannibal is my favourite thing on the show. I knew Jack Crawford was right about her, but still when she admitted to Hannibal that she helped her dad I got chills. And then Hannibal hugging herÖ cause who wouldnít want that?

It is difficult to watch Will lose it like that his grip on reality is really slipping now and itís sad. He is starting to suspect Hannibal though thatís good. I donít know are they supposed to end the season with Will figuring Hannibal out? I hope so and I hope they get renewed so we can see the rest of it. I am personally really glad that the focus is back on Abigal and the main story and I hope that they will keep the focus there for the remaining episodes. They did some stellar stand alones this season but there were so many of them that I kind of forgot the main storyline. I took me time to remember who that guy was that Abigal killed. Oh and I loved to see our favourite reporter back again.

The case of the week didn't really work for me though. I think the idea was nice (as far as you could call a totem pall of bodies nice) but the resolution was rushed and I didn't actually care about the killers story this time.
    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre

Thanks
    Thanked 4,767 Times in 2,253 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    So who else is watching Hannibal? I absolutely love it! I think it is one of the best shows I have seen in a while and I canít believe it has not been renewed for a second season yet I hope it will be

Thoughts on 1x09 under spoiler tag

Spoiler:
    Man I loved this episode, first off this show in general is just visually stunning and the actors in it are all great. Loved to see Abigail back! Her relationship with Hannibal is my favourite thing on the show. I knew Jack Crawford was right about her, but still when she admitted to Hannibal that she helped her dad I got chills. And then Hannibal hugging herÖ cause who wouldnít want that?

It is difficult to watch Will lose it like that his grip on reality is really slipping now and itís sad. He is starting to suspect Hannibal though thatís good. I donít know are they supposed to end the season with Will figuring Hannibal out? I hope so and I hope they get renewed so we can see the rest of it. I am personally really glad that the focus is back on Abigal and the main story and I hope that they will keep the focus there for the remaining episodes. They did some stellar stand alones this season but there were so many of them that I kind of forgot the main storyline. I took me time to remember who that guy was that Abigal killed. Oh and I loved to see our favourite reporter back again.

The case of the week didn't really work for me though. I think the idea was nice (as far as you could call a totem pall of bodies nice) but the resolution was rushed and I didn't actually care about the killers story this time.
    Hannibal is fantastic! In a sea of stereotypical crime-themed show, it really stands out as something different. It's like a cable show being shown on network TV by mistake. I'm really happy that it's been renewed.

Episode 9 is the last I've seen - I watch it on AXN, we're getting episodes about a week later than in the USA. The weekly cases are more of an illustration or parallel or catalyst to the main thing, which is the development of the relationships between the main characters. The episodes focused on Hannibal have been particularly interesting.

Jack really seems to have good instincts, doesn't he? It seems like he's started to get suspicious of Lecter as well. Will seems to have suspicions but is stifling them, and Alana doesn't suspect him at all.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Mara (08-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Hannibal is fantastic! In a sea of stereotypical crime-themed show, it really stands out as something different. It's like a cable show being shown on network TV by mistake. I'm really happy that it's been renewed.

Episode 9 is the last I've seen - I watch it on AXN, we're getting episodes about a week later than in the USA. The weekly cases are more of an illustration or parallel or catalyst to the main thing, which is the development of the relationships between the main characters. The episodes focused on Hannibal have been particularly interesting.

Jack really seems to have good instincts, doesn't he? It seems like he's started to get suspicious of Lecter as well. Will seems to have suspicions but is stifling them, and Alana doesn't suspect him at all.
    I am so glad I am not the only one enjoying this show and I could not be happier that it got renewed. I'll spoiler in case you have to catch up but it's mostly general rambling on 2x10/2x11 and how much I love this show

Spoiler:
    It is just painful to see Will. His hallucinations have always been highlights of the show for me because of Hugh Dancy's acting but it is so so sad. and I agree he is pushing his suspicions on Lecter out of the way. Lecter meanwhile could not be creepier I was watching Red Dragon the other day and I realized how used to Mads I have become in the course of just ten episodes. it was actually strange to see Anthony Hopkins, who I adore, in that role. I have never heard of Cothard syndrome but the metaphor really worked for me in terms of Will loosing his mind and that girl having lost her. 2x11 I liked better mostly because we got to see Freddie in a big part of the episode and I could emphasize with Gideons's struggle over his own sense of self. And how great is Gillian Anderson? I squee every time she is on screen. way to come back to tv. What gets me is the subtlety of the way Hannibal manipulates people and just the subtlety of his evil compared to the case of the week evil. he is truly cunning I think is the word for it? It's a joy to watch and then on the other hand he is looking at Will as a friend, despite what he is doing to him, and I think Will thinks of Hannibal as a friend as well. That whole relationship is just wonderful. Just two episodes left and I personally hope we will go into season two with Will having figured Hannibal out. I love this show so much i won't even mind a cliff hanger Oh and how gross is it that hannibal can smell a diseased brain?

and yes Jack does have good instincts and I like the fact that he is willing to go with them despite what others might think. I hope we will get to see his wife back at some point because Gina Torres I think he is truly suspicious of Hannibal and I hope he has some sort of plan especially considering

Spoiler:
    the history he has had with loosing someone under his care
    Last edited by Mara; 08-06-13 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks

I loved the creation and the way it was directed. Best seasons were 1. and 2. Wasn't so hyped about the 3. season. If you like Hannibal, and especially the creator/directors work Bryan Fuller that is, you will enjoy American Gods as well. Same creator/director.