View Poll Results: What's your favorite season?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1

6 28.57%
  • Season 2

11 52.38%
  • Season 3

3 14.29%
  • Season 4

5 23.81%
  • Season 5

4 19.05%
  • Season 6

4 19.05%
  • Season 7

0 0%
  • Season 8

0 0%
  • I think it still has to come

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What's your favorite season?

Thanks

Default What's your favorite season?

So, here it is, what's your favorite season and why?

I have to think about it for a little while, I think my opinion changes...

And I made it multiple choice.. but I hope we can keep it to one or two

Thanks

That's a really easy one for me! My favourite season is without a doubt S2, mainly because I feel that Sam and Dean are closest in that season. S2 gives us protective big brother Dean in all his glory, a vulnerable Sam who desperately tries to escape his destiny, and plenty of hurt/comfort moments. So, what’s not to love? Moreover, the four episode mini-arc that deals with the aftermath of John’s death is one of the best emotional arcs of the show, and the events in the S2 finale create a ripple effect that is still tangible several seasons later. Basically, S2 is the lynchpin for the entire mytharc. Overall, there are a couple of episodes I find subpar, but generally I think the writing is really strong throughout the season.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,711 Times in 2,319 Posts

My favourite is S4. I think it's the season where they best managed a balance between MotW and mytharc episodes and I loved the arc that year. I loved Sam's fall into darkness and his relationship with Ruby and the tension between the brothers was great. It also contains my favourite SN episode In The Beginning. My only real criticism of that year would be that I thought that the inevitable Dean/Sam smack down was a little anti-climactic and I would have liked to see them apart for at least a couple of episodes.

S4 was when the show peaked for me. I think it has been downhill since then and I’ve stopped watching all together now.
    "You've got ... a world of strength in your heart. I know you do. You just have to find it again. Believe in yourself."

I don't get wet Bittersweettwit's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to have to go with Galathea on this one! I absolutely adore S2 and it's a pretty easy choice for me The season is full of classic episodes such as In My Time of Dying, Born Under a Bad Sign and All Hell Breaks Loose, the psychic kids mytharc was compelling and really personal to the brothers and their life journey and of course as Galathea pointed out a lot of even the present day myth-arc events can be traced back to S2 as a cause...

For anyone curious my seasons order from there would go: S4 > S1 > S3 > S5 > S7 > S8 > S6.
    Livejournal

Avatar made by Shameless666 of Livejournal

Thanks

I think season 2 is also my favorite, but I do love season 5 and season 1 and season 4 very much too... I agree on the many classic episodes like Bittersweettwit said. (Obviously the show has gone downwards for me since Kripke left...)
    Although watching season 5 again, I find myself skipping at least 4 episodes, whereas in season 2 I never do...

Thanks

Yes I agree with most people here, season 2 is definitely my favourite season as well! I absolutely adore the Dean grieving for his father arc, his angst and depression break my heart. I love how Dean tries to protect Sam from his own inner darkness, I'm a big fan of the psychic kids/Yellow Eyed Demon seasonal arc and enjoy most of the MOTWs in season 2. In addition, season 2 has some of my alltime favourite SN episodes such as Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things, Crossroads Blues, Hunted, Nightshifter, Born Under A Bad Sign, Heart and What Is And What Should Never Be! Furthermore, Jensen did some of his finest work on the show ever in All Hell Breaks Loose Part II, which is just a joy to watch.

My second favourite season is season 4 because I love its twisted darkness, the angel mytharc was actually interesting back then (which unfortunately has not been the case ever since / sigh) and I like the Sam and Ruby storyline. In fact, the storyline Sam had in season 4 is my favourite Sam storyline alltogether.

Thanks

Seasons 1 & 2 were by far my favorite. I loved everything from the dynamic between the brothers to the overall storyline of the search for their father and the yellow-eyed demon. Season 3, though shorter, and season 4 were a great season as well. Although I love Castiel, I think the later seasons (especially season 6 and on) have been weaker as far as writing and mytharchs that really pull on my heartstrings. I enjoyed the show more when it was just about the brothers, than all this angel business.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [erin nicole] For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (14-06-13),galathea (14-06-13)

Hellmouth Tourist Mrs Captain Peroxide's Avatar
    Thanks

Season 5 is my favorite. I love how everything comes together in that season. I thought you could really see how all the previous seasons had been building up to this and that it could have ending this way. Oh, and I love some of the characters in this season, like Lucifer, Gabriel, Castiel, Chuck.. And let's not even begin talking about the last episode. I cried my eyes out!
    So when do we destroy the world, already?