Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WELCOME TO THE AFAS - come on in!

Thanks

Default WELCOME TO THE AFAS - come on in!

We may have skipped a year but damned if we aren't back and doing better than ever!!! For those of you who have been around the forums in the past 24-hours you may have already found yourself swept up in the pre-AFA "buzz", but believe it or not, we are actually here and ready to kick start this night... So, it is with great pleasure that I get to say this again...

I want to wish all of our attendees a very warm welcome to the Academy of Fanart Artists: FIFTH Awards Ceremony!

[Pause for applause]

Please welcome your host for this evening.... NEIL PATRICK HARRIS....

Who... sends his apologies and can't make it due to the short notice. Apparently 5 days isn't enough notice for some people. Oh well, looks like you will have to make do with me!!

I created the AFAs way back in 2007, an amazing six years ago now, and I am still astounded by the reception this event gets each and every year. I am pleased to announce that despite our slight break (my fault!) the event is still as big as ever welcoming back familiar faces, while bringing several new members into the fold to take part in this amazing ceremony! I am proud to be here tonight in the presence of so many fantastic artists to celebrate and award the work of our members, and I hope that you feel the same way.

Our awards could be considered some of the most prestigious Fanart awards available, as they are not just awards they also symbolise the votes of our Fanart community and our appreciation to these works of art. In saying this, we have 492 awards in total to be presented over the course of this evening, and 37 of those are the highly coveted “First Place” awards in each of the categories. For anyone who is wondering we have had 35 artists nominating in 34 categories, with over 270 wallpapers from 2011 and over 430 from 2012. The votes have been cast, all the points are finalised and verified – and soon you will get to see this year’s winners!

But, before we continue with our event, I have a few people to thank for helping it to get to this stage. First of all I would like to offer my greatest thanks and appreciation to all of the members who have taken part in this ceremony, for taking the time to make your nominations and your votes – we wouldn’t have this event without you. With that in mind, the first award I would like to present is one for everyone, for your participation.

Next I would like to thank one of my biggest sponsor’s of this event: Nikki & the Buffyforums.net website for giving the AFA a forum for all of the fun and games (plus the ceremony itself). So here is a little token to Nikki and the other mods for making this event possible by giving it a home!!

And last, but far from least, I would like to thank those of you who gave up your time to create our awards that we are about to receive. Without your help I don’t think it would have been possible to have quite so many awards available. And more importantly we wouldn’t have the variety of styles, colours, and techniques throughout these awards if it hadn’t been for each of you and your unique creations. And so my thanks go out to each of you for your contributions, click on your names to receive your ‘thank you’ awards!

Bre, Clement, Demetreas, Destiny, Ehlwyen, Erin Nicole, Jennilou, J.J., Lady Manson, Lyri, Mara, Nina, Sara, Sophie, Stacy, Sunnywill, WiccaJaz, Zugma

(If you do not see your name, and you have made an award for this ceremony, please contact me as it’s possible I just missed it off when writing up these posts!)

Thank you once more to all of those who helped shape this ceremony.

And now… may we dim the lights please as we move on with the show. Good luck to all of the contestants – you all deserve to win an award for your hard work, but now, it’s down to the votes. So sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of show…

May I remind you that we will be following the order stipulated in the ‘map to the AFA’ with the links to each thread, but I’ll remind you at the end of each post where to look next!

But first! We’ll be right back after this commercial break, with the winners from our first category of the event: Best Sci-Fi Pairing/Group Wallpaper!

Don’t change the channel!

SJ
    x

Art by Sayjay at Radiance

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to slaycandy For This Useful Post:

Bre (12-05-13),Destiny (11-05-13),Ehlwyen (11-05-13),Jenni Lou (11-05-13),Leloo (11-05-13),little albatross (11-05-13),Nikki (11-05-13),Nina (11-05-13),Pandora's_Box (11-05-13),Wicca_Jaz (11-05-13),Zugma (11-05-13),[erin nicole] (11-05-13)

Thanks

*dies*
    Oh my god those thank you awards are sooo beautiful Thank you so much for mine and thank you for the amazing introduction You are waaaaaaay better than NPH would've been

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Destiny For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Drunkface McCord little albatross's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh neil what a diva
    would you do anything for me

buy a new diamond ring for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to little albatross For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    *dies*
    Oh my god those thank you awards are sooo beautiful Thank you so much for mine and thank you for the amazing introduction You are waaaaaaay better than NPH would've been

LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!

Yup, eat your heart out NPH!!! :P

Thanks

Oh my, those awards are gorgeous!!
    Thanks a lot for mine, it's a pleasure and a real kick every year to do awards for the AFA's.
    And as you said, it just show how great a community can be just by the fact that people don't think or feel alike which creates so many subtles and beautiful different ideas (or awards in that case).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandora's_Box For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 606 Posts

Aw, thanks for the award, Say-Jay! That's so pretty!!

Good luck to everyone for tonight!! Can't wait to see all the pretties!
    Para Bellum| Live Journal | Tumblr | Resources

Si vis pacem, para bellum

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyri For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 340 Posts

follow daydreaming on twitter / livejournal / tumblr / facebook for instant site updates!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenni Lou For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Haha! Aww. Too bad Neil couldn't be here, but I don't think even he could have lived up to you, SJ! The 'Thank You' Awards are beautiful as always! Thanks for mine. We love you! :hugs:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to [erin nicole] For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Well, I'm finally here...I was here earlier, but people didn't leave me alone

Thank you so much for those beautiful awards! It's always a pleasure to help you with the awards and such.

Good luck to everyone tonight

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Wicca_Jaz For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wicca_Jaz View Post

Thank you so much for those beautiful awards! It's always a pleasure to help you with the awards and such.

Hey! welcome to the event!!

Thanks

Thank you, Sayjay, first of all. This event is a highlight of the year for me (and many other artists too, I think), and we wouldn't have had it without you.

And ahh, that thank you award is beautiful!

<ot>*sees Destiny's banner and dies of pretty*</ ot>
    [ ...In my exile. ]
    LJ; Tumblr; Wallpapers

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zugma For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zugma View Post

<ot>*sees Destiny's banner and dies of pretty*</ ot>
    I had a feeling you might like it Originally I planned to exploit Tom Hiddleston to the fullest and make a collection of him and his stylish silk scarves Unfortunately RL has been keeping me too occupied At least now we can have the wonderful bromance in here

In the end, we all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Destiny For This Useful Post:

Zugma (11-05-13)

Thanks

Just popping in to wish everyone a great ceremony and a lot of fun RL is keeping me away from the ceremony tonight unfortunately so I will be lurking around this time

BIG CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND ESPECIALLY TO SJ FOR PULLING OFF ANOTHER EVENT!!!
    Awesome Icon/Banner made by Bre

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

You guys, I just now woke up. I'm sick and my body felt that I needed to sleep pff my cold for 12 hours.

BUT I'M HERE, I MADE IT!!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amber For This Useful Post:

Ehlwyen (11-05-13),Jenni Lou (11-05-13),slaycandy (11-05-13),Zugma (11-05-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    You guys, I just now woke up. I'm sick and my body felt that I needed to sleep pff my cold for 12 hours.

BUT I'M HERE, I MADE IT!!
    Sleep is good! Partying with your friends is even better! Sorry about the cold! I hope you are feeling better!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Just popping in to wish everyone a great ceremony and a lot of fun RL is keeping me away from the ceremony tonight unfortunately so I will be lurking around this time

BIG CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND ESPECIALLY TO SJ FOR PULLING OFF ANOTHER EVENT!!!
    Glad you could make it! Even if only for a quick pop in!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wicca_Jaz View Post

Lol! People irl need to realize this is serious partytime we got going on here! Glad you could make it!

Lydia made the punch!

Thanks

Thanks for the award! They're all so pretty and sparkly!!!

::Shadow of Reflection::
    NOW CAPPING YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS AND MOVIES!!! See them HERE...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Manson For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Aww those awards are gorgeous <3 Thank you for mine, it was my pleasure to help with the awards

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sophie For This Useful Post:

slaycandy (11-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Aww those awards are gorgeous <3 Thank you for mine, it was my pleasure to help with the awards
    WELCOME!! Join in on the fun, you've got some catching up though! We've got the first 13 awards posted so far, use the road map to keep up!!