Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD

Thanks

I love it. I love the characters and the stories. Made of win, IMO .

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 641 Posts

As a Joss Whedon fan and as a fan of comic books and the Marvel Cinematic Universe I *want* to like this show.

Thus far, it's done nothing for me. All the characters are generic, cardboard archetypes of characters I've seen a thousand times before. There's the experienced tough guy who doesn't play well with others. The "wacky" scientist types who speak in technobabble. The tough girl who won't be told what to do by no man. The retired character with a tragic past. The underdog coach who believes in his crappy team. None of the characters really bring anything to the table that I haven't seen before, they're all walking cliches.

Joss Whedon's whole thing USED TO BE that he subverted cliche's. Buffy is a small blonde girl who would normally be the victim in a horror movie, yet she turns around and kicks the monster's ass. Firefly was an unconventional mix of sci-fi and western. The mechanic was not only female, but a female who loved pink dresses and was allowed to enjoy sex without the show punishing her. The pilot wasn't the fearless leader, he was kind of an average Joe who liked playing with dinosaurs and was turned on (rather than intimidated) that his wife was an ass-kicker.

I'm disappointed in Agents of SHEILD because the show is filled with cliches.

I find Skye to be especially annoying. With all due respect to the actress, she comes across as a poor man's Faith. Her rebellious attitude isn't admirable or tough, it's bratty and immature. There is no reason whatsoever for Coulson to trust her so much. Since she's the designated tough "you go girl" character, I think it's safe to say that the show is never going to take her down a few pegs.

Ward is kind of a boring, generic "action guy". I think the show *could* potentially turn him into an interesting character, but probably won't. I think he's okay, but he hasn't really done anything to hold my interest yet. I fear the show might turn him into a butt-monkey character for the sake of propping the others up.

Fitz and Simmons piss me off any time they are onscreen. You know that old, tired, cliché joke where the designated "smart" character says something in technobabble and the main character responds with "in English please"? Yeah, that joke was never funny. I can't believe the writers actually resorted to that joke *twice* in an episode.

Melinda May is someone I actually find interesting. It's kind of obvious what her story is though. She was an awesome agent who went through some kind of traumatic event that made her want to retire. Some catalyst, possibly related to her original traumatic event is going to make her come out of retirement and become an ass-kicker again.

I like Coulson, but I don't think he's a developed enough character (at this point) to be the lead of a show. The mystery of how Coulson came back from the dead is really the only think keeping me mildly interested. The episode where his ex betrayed them was VERY predictable.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vampire in Rug For This Useful Post:

kana (23-10-13),original spawn (14-11-13),Shade of Pale (29-10-13),vampmogs (23-10-13)

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

I'm also having a hard time getting into the show. I've been watching it but I'm just not that invested in the show and I don't care about any of the characters.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 678 Posts

TVGuide's article on S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Why-SHIE...t-1072622.aspx
    Learning Experience: "...one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.”
    ~Douglas Adams

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,172 Times in 1,117 Posts

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=89411

The Events Of THOR: THE DARK WORLD To Be Felt In AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Episode, "The Well"

ABC have released the official synopsis for the November 19th episode of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and it confirms that Agent Coulson and his team will have to pick up the pieces of the events of Alan Taylor's Thor: The Dark World. Read on for details!

By Josh Wilding - 11/1/2013

"The Well" - In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces--one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team, on Tuesday, November 19 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

Guest starring Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.

"The Well" was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Jonathan Frakes.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110932

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Plans Thor: The Dark World Crossover
    Continuing from the events features in the November 8 release

Source: ABC
    November 1, 2013

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is planning another major connection with the Marvel Cinematic Universe's big screen releases as ABC today reveals that the November 19 episode, "The Well," is slated to crossover with events depicted in the upcoming Thor: The Dark World. The episode's official description reads as follows:

In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces--one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

"The Well" is written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Jonathan Frakes and guest stars for "The Well" include Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...the-dark-world

Agents of SHIELD Episode to Follow Events of Thor: The Dark World

What happens after The Dark World?

by Eric Goldman
    November 1, 2013

While we may not see any of the main Avengers on Marvel Agents of SHIELD, we will indeed see how their actions continue to impact the world they exist in. As EW has noted, the description for the November 19th episode of SHIELD makes it clear that it will be directly following what occurs in Thor: The Dark World.

The network description reads, "In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”

The episode, called "The Well," is written by Monica Owusu-Breen (Lost, Fringe) and directed by Star Trek: The Next Generations's Jonathan Frakes. "The Well" will be airing less than two weeks after the November 8th opening of Thor: The Dark World in the US, but clearly, Marvel and ABC assume the core Marvel fans will have seen the movie by then.

Marvel have maintained their secrecy with Agents of SHIELD and been vague on how much we'd see the series tie directly into the Marvel films. It's hard not to presume that if an Agents of SHIELD episode is going to tie into Thor: The Dark World, we'll almost certainly see the show delve into what happens in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, whose story is already so SHIELD-centric.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=48893

"Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" to Tie-In to "Thor: The Dark World"

The Nov. 19 episode of ABC's "Agents of SHIELD" takes place in the aftermath of "Thor: The Dark World," in theaters 11 days earlier.

Albert Ching, Senior Editor

Taking advantage of the inherent synergy between ABC series "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and the Marvel Studios feature films, the Nov. 19 episode of the TV show is set to pick up on the events of "Thor: The Dark World," in theaters on Nov. 8.

The official synopsis for the upcoming episode, titled "The Well," reads, "In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World,' Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces -- one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team." It's not yet clear how deep of a connection the episode will have to the film, but it's an example of the show again tying-in directly with the broader Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Set firmly in the same continuity as the movies, the show's pilot dealt with Extremis, introduced on-screen in Iron Man 3, and second episode "0-8-4" involved the Tesseract, central to 2012's "Avengers" film. The show has received criticism for not capitalizing more on the larger Marvel world -- in an editorial titled "Why S.H.I.E.L.D. Is This Season's Biggest Disappointment" published on TV Guide this past Monday, the outlet criticized the show for being "largely devoid of the larger-than-life flash and fun of the Marvel Universe."

Guest stars for "The Well" include "Ghostbusters II" and "Ally McBeal" alum Peter MacNicol and "Alphas" cast member Erin Way. The episode is directed by Jonathan Frakes, no stranger to genre TV -- along with directing episodes of "Dollhouse," "Burn Notice," "Roswell" and more, he played Commander Riker on "Star Trek: The Next Generation."

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Thanks

Tonight's episode was GREAT! Just gets better and better but then we knew it would.

Whosoever Shall Call Upon the Name of the Lord Shall Be Saved!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,446 Times in 2,875 Posts

A much, much better episode. It's the first time I felt the show had any real emotional gravitas and the performances were great. Fitz and Simmons finally became characters in their own right and the actors really got to shine. If the series keeps this level of quality up there might be some hope for it yet.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Lostsoul666 (06-11-13)

Arbiter of Canon Vampire in Rug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 641 Posts

Havnt seen the episode yet. I still can't help but feel pessimistic. I don't think I'll ever warm up to Fitz and Simmons. They're just so... Annoying. I'll give this latest episode a shot, but I don't have high hopes.

I've realized that any interesting characters from the Marvel universe will be saved for the films rather than the TV show. Probably why J. August Richards played an OC in the pilot rather than Luke Cage. I guess that's a good and bad thing... I don't want to see watered down Marvel characters in the show, but I think the show does need to be more ambitious in order to not suck.

Anyone seen the trailer for Captain America 2? I think it looks awesome and has the kind of SHEILD stuff I wanted to see in the show.

I enjoyed Thor 2. It was a fun action movie. I wonder what elements of the movie we will see in the show. Would be nice if the team had to kill that big monster thing in an episode or if Thor showed up as a guest star. I wonder if MikeB still thinks that Mjolner is unliftable due to its weight rather than the enchantment after the scene where Thor hangs the hammer on a coat rack... I didn't enjoy Darcy or Jane at all, liked the other characters though. I thought the last five minutes of the movie was unnecessary and confusing.
    Spoiler:
    Where the hell is Odin? I think it might be cooler if Loki stayed dead and redeemed. I mean, this is getting ridiculous with people surviving death... Thor, Iron Man, Coulson, Pepper and now Loki all appeared to die at one point and yet they get brought back for a cheap twist. This is as bad as the comics where nobody stays dead. There is no tension or drama in death if it's not final.

I hope we see Shepard Book again in the show sometime, I really like that actor.

Slayer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
    Havnt seen the episode yet. I still can't help but feel pessimistic. I don't think I'll ever warm up to Fitz and Simmons. They're just so... Annoying. I'll give this latest episode a shot, but I don't have high hopes.

I've realized that any interesting characters from the Marvel universe will be saved for the films rather than the TV show. Probably why J. August Richards played an OC in the pilot rather than Luke Cage. I guess that's a good and bad thing... I don't want to see watered down Marvel characters in the show, but I think the show does need to be more ambitious in order to not suck.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111080

Fan-Favorite Marvel Character Victoria Hand to Appear on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Played by Saffron Burrows

Source: Marvel
    November 6, 2013

Originally reported by Latino Review, Marvel has now officially announced that fan-favorite comic character Victoria Hand will be making her debut on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." starting with next week's episode. Played by actress Saffron Burrows (The Bank Job), you can see the first images of Hand with Agent Coulson below.

Hand made her debut in comics in 2009 as a lowely accountant for S.H.I.E.L.D. but quickly rose up in the ranks and became deputy director of H.A.M.M.E.R., assistant to Norman Osborn (when he was running S.H.I.E.L.D.), and eventually the liason between S.H.I.E.L.D. and the New Avengers.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Victoria Hand was a major character in the comics the last few years although she was killed off at the end of Bendis's run as lead writer on the Avengers titles.

Anyone seen the trailer for Captain America 2? I think it looks awesome and has the kind of SHEILD stuff I wanted to see in the show.
    The Winter Soldier storyline was one of the best comic storylines of the last ten years.Looking forwared to seeing it brought to the screen.It's heavily rumored the show will be tied into or lead into the film

I enjoyed Thor 2. It was a fun action movie. I wonder what elements of the movie we will see in the show. Would be nice if the team had to kill that big monster thing in an episode or if Thor showed up as a guest star. I wonder if MikeB still thinks that Mjolner is unliftable due to its weight rather than the enchantment after the scene where Thor hangs the hammer on a coat rack... I didn't enjoy Darcy or Jane at all, liked the other characters though. I thought the last five minutes of the movie was unnecessary and confusing.
    Spoiler:
    Where the hell is Odin? I think it might be cooler if Loki stayed dead and redeemed. I mean, this is getting ridiculous with people surviving death... Thor, Iron Man, Coulson, Pepper and now Loki all appeared to die at one point and yet they get brought back for a cheap twist. This is as bad as the comics where nobody stays dead. There is no tension or drama in death if it's not final.

I hope we see Shepard Book again in the show sometime, I really like that actor.
    Thor 2 comes out in the US Friday..Will be catching it this weekend.

Spoiler:
    The November 19th episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be a crossover with Thor:The Dark World.It will be dealing with the aftermath of the film.

www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110932

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Plans Thor: The Dark World Crossover
    Continuing from the events features in the November 8 release

Source: ABC
    November 1, 2013

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is planning another major connection with the Marvel Cinematic Universe's big screen releases as ABC today reveals that the November 19 episode, "The Well," is slated to crossover with events depicted in the upcoming Thor: The Dark World. The episode's official description reads as follows:

In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World," Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces--one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz and Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons.

"The Well" is written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Jonathan Frakes and guest stars for "The Well" include Peter MacNicol as Professor Elliot Randolph, Michael Graziadei as Jakob Nystrom, Erin Way as Petra Larsen, Toby Wilson as Neils, Alex Neustaedter as Maynard and Sylvia Brindis as Elena.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

cheryl4ba (07-11-13)

Slayer
    Thanks

BIG news today and something that was rumored a few weeks ago is now confirmed.It's not specifically related to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ot The Avengers but also kind of is.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111122

Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!
    Led by Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Source: Marvel, Netflix
    November 7, 2013 Tweet80Share15

The Walt Disney Co. and Netflix Inc. today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel's most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

"Marvel's movies, such as 'Iron Man' and Marvel's 'The Avengers', are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...v-series.jhtml

Nov 7 2013

Marvel And Netflix Announce 'Daredevil,' 'Luke Cage,' and Three More TV Series
    Unprecedented deal will bring four series and mini-series to online provider

By Alex Zalben

In a move that pretty much changed the TV landscape in one fell swoop, Marvel and Netflix announced plans for a TV/on-demand version of "The Avengers" Thursday (November 7): four live action series based on their superhero properties will play on Netflix, all culminating in a team-up mini-series titled "The Defenders."

From the press release:

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

The biggest, most recognizable series is "Daredevil," which previously was made into a much-maligned movie starring Ben Affleck. After the rights to the property lapsed at FOX, and returned to Marvel Studios, fans have been wondering where the blind lawyer by day, New York vigilante by night would show up next. And now they know the answer.

The other series are probably less well known, at least to fans outside the comic-book arena:

'Jessica Jones'
    This was previously announced in development by Marvel TV as "AKA Jessica Jones," based on the comic book by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos. The comic series was named "Alias," which was also the name of a TV show starring Jennifer Garner (interestingly, also a star of the "Daredevil" movie), hence the name change to "AKA Jessica Jones." Now it's just simply the character's name. Jones is a former superhero and member of the Avengers who hit on hard times and now works as a detective in New York.

'Luke Cage'
    One of the most eagerly requested Marvel properties by fans, Luke Cage is a street-smart hero with unbreakable skin. He tied in heavily in the "Alias" comic-book series, later marrying and having a child with Jessica Jones. He also frequently partnered with...

'Iron Fist'
    A mystically powered Kung Fu expert and playboy billionaire named Danny Rand, Iron Fist has had a number of iterations through the years — though his most popular was working with Luke Cage as "Heroes for Hire," a team that sold their heroic expertise for money.

'The Defenders'
    This is the street equivalent of "The Avengers." Traditionally in the comics, The Defenders have been called the "non-team," with their membership ranging from Ghost Rider, Hulk, and Dr. Strange (all potential movie projects), to some of the characters you see above.

Naturally, there are numerous questions that arise from the announcement, not least of which is whether these shows will tie into the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe, including the movies and ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.LD." Plus, given the ever-expanding number of shows, how much give and take will there be — or could there possibly be — from the casts?

News, as they say, will continue to break on this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ers-miniseries

Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones TV Series Coming to Netflix; Leading Into The Defenders Miniseries

Huge, interconnected Marvel TV show launch begins in 2015.

by Eric Goldman
    November 7, 2013

Marvel is going big on the TV show front. Really big. The company has signed a deal with Netflix to produce four separate new live-action TV series – Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. The four shows will then lead into a team-up miniseries, The Defenders.

Daredevil will come first in 2015, followed by Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Netflix notes “the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming,” and that it will "take Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York,” indicating the shows will be very interconnected (Hell’s Kitchen is of course Dardevil’s traditional home in the comics). Each series has a minimum commitment of 13 episodes each. The Defenders is described as “a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.”

Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios will produce the series.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel's specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

[font color="e64819"]Meet Your New TV Defenders: Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Iron Fist[/font]

"Marvel's movies, such as Iron Man and Marvel's The Avengers, are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With House of Cards and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

Talk about Marvel seeking such a deal, for four series and a miniseries, surfaced last month. Among the characters being used, Daredevil is notable as the second live-action interpretation of the character, after the 2003 movie starring Ben Affleck. Marvel got the film and TV rights back to the character in 2012, after 20th Century Fox was unable to begin production on a new movie in time to stop the rights from lapsing. Marvel previously had developed a never-filmed Jessica Jones project for ABC, written by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter, Twilight). No writers or producers have been announced as yet for the new Marvel TV shows.

On the heels of the launch of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, there has also been talk of a possible Agent Carter TV show for ABC, starring Hayley Atwell as her Captain America character.

http://www.newsarama.com/19503-dared...flix-deal.html

DAREDEVIL, IRON FIST, LUKE CAGE, DEFENDERS Headed to TV in Disney, Marvel-Netflix Deal

by Lucas Siegel, Site Editor
    Date: 07 November 2013

Marvel TV just got a whole lot more interesting. Announced on Marvel.com Thursday morning, Marvel TV is teaming up with Netflix for an unprecedented deal: four live-action TV series, plus a mini-series "programming event."

The companies will team on four thirteen-episode series, plus one mini-series. The four series are Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage, culminating in an Avengers-style team-up mini-series called The Defenders.

The series will take place in New York's Hell's Kitchen, long the home of Daredevil and other "street-level" characters that the press release cals "flawed heroes." It also notes that the deal is for a "minimum" (emphasis ours) of four series and a mini-series, leaving the door open for more if any/all of them take off.

Marvel Television and ABC Television Studios are producing the shows.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment in the press release. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos added, "We're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

The series will begin in 2015. In 2016, Netflix will become the exclusive US subscription service for first-run, live-action, and animated movies from all branches of Walt Disney Studios: Disney, Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Disneynature, and Lucasfilm.

Marvel Studios received the rights to Daredevil back from Fox late 2012, something that went unconfirmed until president Kevin Feige told Newsarama as a certainty in the Spring of 2013. They have been coy about plans for the character until now. The Avengers approach of giving characters solo starring roles then teaming them together has never before been attempted in any serialized video medium - but then, it hadn't been done before in film either, and resulted in Marvel Studios having back-to-back billion dollar plus films, and carrying the records for the #1 and #2 best opening weekends in film history.

Netflix opened the door to exclusive television programming when they produced House of Cards, a Kevin Spacey-led political drama based off the series of the same name from the UK. They also teamed up to produce and distribute a new season of Arrested Development, reviving the fan-favorite series after several years off the air, and have since launched several other series exclusive to their service. The seasons, so far, have been released in full on their launch date, meaning people can then "binge watch," marathoning all thirteen episodes - often in one sitting. No word on whether this distribution model will be followed for these five series, nor is there a publicly released plan for how the series will be spread out.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...fenders-series

Marvel, Netflix to team up on Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Defenders series

Four different series involving street-level heroes will begin debuting in 2015

By Alan Sepinwall Thursday, Nov 7, 2013

[font color="e64819"]Expect both Luke Cage and Iron Fist to have more modern outfits in their upcoming Netflix series, even if Cage rocks the upside-down tiara like no one else.[/font]

Back when Disney first announced that Joss Whedon would be developing a TV series based on a Marvel Comics property, I speculated about which characters might work best for Whedon's sensibility, and for the realities of a television budget. Among the favorites: bitter superhero-turned-detective Jessica Jones, heroes for hire Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and off-beat non-team team The Defenders.

Whedon ultimately would get involved in "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," which hasn't found itself creatively so far, but today Marvel and Netflix announced an ambitious partnership to produce four new series and one miniseries, involving all the characters mentioned above, plus Daredevil, whose rights reverted to Marvel earlier this year when Fox failed to get another movie into production in time.

Beginning in 2015, Netflix will start launching four live-action series over multiple years: "Daredevil" (blind lawyer who uses his extraordinary senses to fight crime), "Jessica Jones" (superhuman who couldn't cut it as a hero works as a PI), "Luke Cage" (ex-con with indestructible skin) and "Iron Fist" (wealthy martial artist with the ability to make his fist like unto a thing of iron). Netflix has committed to at least 13 episodes of each, followed by a miniseries about The Defenders, a Marvel title that has had many incarnations — most frequently involving the Hulk, Dr. Strange, Namor and the Silver Surfer — but essentially functions as a banner under which any collection of loner heroes (including Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil at various points in its history) coming together to handle problems they can't deal with alone. The press release describes this version of The Defenders as "a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters."

Essentially, it sounds like Marvel is trying to do a TV version of what it did in the movies with "Avengers": introduce the players one by one in solo vehicles, with each project laying the groundwork for the next one, until they all come together as a team. These are four characters with shared history in the comics — at present, Cage and Jones are married and have a kid (and I live in hope that the nanny, Squirrel Girl, will somehow find her way into one of these shows) — and who have powers that should be cheap and easy to portray on television: super strength for Cage and Jones, Daredevil's radar sense and Iron Fist's iron fist.

"SHIELD" isn't off to a great start in terms of content, but these shows will have a leg up by having pre-existing characters with well-defined traits to work with. "SHIELD" is fumbling around to identify what's interesting about Coulson, Skye, Ward and the others, while there are decades and decades of comics demonstrating how cool Luke Cage is. Any or all of these characters can be screwed up, whether on the comics page or in adaptations — Ben Affleck as a very forgettable Daredevil, for instance — but the raw material is there for something good.

Meanwhile, it's another case of Netflix thinking outside the box by committing to this many series, over multiple years, all at once. Even with the power of the Marvel brand, I can't imagine a broadcast network trying this out, because if the first or second show flopped, you'd be stuck having to air the rest of them over several seasons, possibly culminating in a miniseries featuring a bunch of characters the audience rejected individually. Because Netflix operates with a secret, possibly magical, business model, they can experiment more. It's easy to imagine comics fans who don't already have a subscription getting one for one or more of these shows — and newcomers to each show will have the complete seasons of the previous one to binge immediately. On the other hand, if the first series is no good — if they do a bad job with casting, or it looks cheap or is boring — it could salt the earth for the remaining projects, Netflix business model or not.

What does everybody else think? Good idea, bad idea? Given the plan for the project, are these the four characters you'd have gone with, or were you holding out hope for a cool 21st century reimagining of Brother Voodoo?

http://badassdigest.com/2013/11/07/d...netflix-shows/

Published November 07, 2013 by Devin Faraci

Daredevil, Luke Cage And The Defenders Getting Live Action Netflix Shows

Also: Jessica Jones and Iron Fist!

Marvel's street-level heroes have a new home: Netflix. A couple of weeks ago it was reported that Marvel was shopping around a package deal of intertwining live action series. Here was what i said at the time:

Could this be the launch of a street-level Marvel heroes line? Daredevil, The Punisher, Luke Cage and maybe Moon Knight might all make sense, coming together as an ersatz Defenders in the mini-series. Actually, that's such a good idea I'm going to be honestly upset if it doesn't come to pass.

Well, I'm not upset as that has come to pass ALMOST EXACTLY. The line-up is different: Luke Cage and Daredevil are in, but so are Iron Fist and Jessica Jones. Each with get a 13 episode series before coming together in a Defenders miniseries.

This is HUGE NEWS. It's another crazy bold step for Marvel, taking streaming to a new level that will allow viewers to follow this story any way they like.

So who are these characters? You all know Daredevil, the man without fear, a blind guy whose other senses are hyper-heightened. By day he's Matt Murdock, an attorney, and at night he dons a red suit with horns and fights crime. Luke Cage is also known as Power Man. He has indestructible skin and is very strong; in the past he's been a blaxploitation-type character, but I doubt we'll go there. Iron Fist is a mystical martial arts expert named Danny Rand; could they make Danny Asian for TV? I wouldn't complain. Jessica Jones is a woman who was briefly a superhero but who has quit that business and is now a PI, where she smokes, drinks and screws with the best noir detectives.

The Defenders were, in the comics, a very different team, made up of characters like The Hulk, Dr. Strange and Namor, but I imagine Marvel is just using the name. There is no name-brand street level Marvel team.

This is a group of fairly popular characters, but what makes all of them interesting is that they all have fairly well-defined characters. I can already see them bouncing off of each other. And each character has a unique feeling: Daredevil is superhero street crime, Luke Cage skews urban, Iron Fist is martial arts and Jessica Jones solves twisty, corruption-filled mysteries. It's not hard to see how they will all come together to take on the Kingpin.

The shows will debut in 2015. Want to guess that Jessica Jones debuts on Agents of SHIELD in her superhero identity, Jewel?

"Daredevil" Leads Marvel & Netflix Multiple Live-Action Show Deal

Marvel and Netflix have announced five all-new live-action series, beginning with "Daredevil" and culminating with "The Defenders

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=48980

Netflix Orders ‘Luke Cage’ ‘Iron Fist’ ‘Daredevil’ & ‘Jessica Jones’ Series From Marvel!

http://latino-review.com/2013/11/net...series-marvel/

Wow! Netflix signed a HUGE deal with Marvel for Daredevil, Luke Cage series + more!

http://www.blastr.com/2013-11-7/wow-...ge-series-more

Luke Cage Shows Headed To Netflix In 2015

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/...tflix-in-2015/

Pretty big news.I don't do Netflix though and have no desire to subscribe so hopfully these get released on Blue Ray eventually after they air.House Of Cards I believe has had a Blu Ray release.

Daredevil is the big surprise since Kevin Feige has been saying they were going to sit on Daredevil awhile since they just got the rights back.This really sounds like a cool idea overall.Agaim,as long as they are eventually released on Blu Ray since I don't do things like Netflix

Bronze Party-Goer original spawn's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm excited for these four new shows, i hope they're better than Agents of SHIELD, which has been very weak, and from the ratings it seems like most aren't enjoying it either. It should have been more serious and focused more on espionage inside this superhero world, the SHIELD comics were allways the most mature of the bunch, but instead the show is just way too childish.

I doubt it will even survive the first season, the ratings just keep droping. Though i actually did enjoy the 5th episode with the guy with fire powers.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyholic View Post
    I´m liking the show but still, something´s missing.

So far, I view the show as a guilty pleasure. And I´m gonna keep watching.
    I have to agree with this, the show looks kind of hollow, i think i'm only watching right now due to the show being connected to the MCU.
    Last edited by original spawn; 14-11-13 at 09:49 PM.

Slayer
    Thanks

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111323

Drew Goddard to Write Marvel Studios' Daredevil Series
    One of several new shows coming to Netflix

Source: TheWrap
    November 12, 2013

Drew Goddard is getting ready to tackle the Man Without Fear. TheWrap reports that the Cabin in the Woods helmer is in talks to write Marvel Studios and Netflix's upcoming "Daredevil" series, one of several shows that will build to a crossover miniseries, "The Defenders."

Other planned series include "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," with the epic unfolding over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and the culminating mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Goddard has had a long connection with Marvel's The Avengers director Joss Whedon. In addition to working together on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel," the pair collaborated on the screenplay to Cabin in the Woods. Goddard's other credits include writing work on World War Z, Cloverfield and Bad Robot's "Alias" and "LOST."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...evil-tv-series

New Report Says Buffy and Cabin in the Woods' Drew Goddard Will Write the Daredevil TV Series

The Man Without Fear finds a new writer.

by Eric Goldman
    November 12, 2013

As exciting as the news is that Marvel is partnering with Netflix for four new TV shows (and then a Defenders miniseries), there are still a ton of questions surrounding them. Beyond who will star in these series, we don’t even know who is writing and producing them.

Well, the answer may be here for one of the show’s – the one with the most high profile character in fact, as The Wrap is reporting that Drew Goddard is in negotiations to write Daredevil for Marvel.

Goddard has a lot of TV history with both Joss Whedon (now of course hugely involved with Marvel) and J. J. Abrams, having worked as a writer on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Alias and Lost. More recently, Goddard co-wrote The Cabin in the Woods with Whedon and made his directorial debut with that film. Goddard also was involved, along with Damon Lindelof, on the much-reported rewrites on World War Z.

The Wrap notes that Goddard’s a big Daredevil fan, having told Collider a few months back, “You’re talking to a guy who had quotes from Daredevil painted on his wall while growing up. Even when I was 18, I still had the blood red door with the, ‘I have shown him that a man without hope is a man without fear.’ That was what I loved and so it’s the sort of thing that if we can find the right project, I would love to do it.”

Representatives from Marvel and Netflix have not responded to The Wrap’s request for a comment, though The Wrap says they have a good source with knowledge of the project who informed them of the negotiations with Goddard.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=49095

Goddard Takes on Marvel's "Daredevil" Netflix Series

"World War Z" writer Drew Goddard is reportedly in negotiations to pen Marvel's live-action "Daredevil" series distributed by Netflix.

Steve Sunu, Staff Writer/Reviews Editor

Less than a week since the announcement of Marvel's partnership with Netflix to develop four new live-action television shows, rumors have already begun as to which creative teams might be involved. The Wrap reports that Joss Whedon's "Cabin in the Woods" collaborator Drew Goddard is currently in negotiations to write "Daredevil," the first of the Marvel series to air on Netflix. Goddard, who wrote the script for "World War Z," has also worked on a number of television projects including "Lost" and "Alias" as well as Whedon's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel."

Goddard's love of Daredevil is well documented. While doing press for "World War Z" in 2012, the screenwriter spoke with Collider, where he expressed interest in writing the character and said a "seminal" work for him was Frank Miller's "Born Again."

"You're talking to a guy that had quotes from 'Daredevil' painted on his walls all growing up," Goddard told Collider in 2012. "When I was 18, I still had the blood-red door [with the quote] 'I have shown him a man without hope is a man without fear.' That's the sort of thing I love. If I can find the right project, I would love to do it. It's just a matter of finding the right project. Filmmaking is alchemy and it's all about finding what's right."

The fact that Goddard has frequently collaborated with Joss Whedon in the past -- so much so that he even cameoed in "Doctor Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog" as Evil Thomas Jefferson -- lends additional weight to the unconfirmed report that he's in the running to write a Marvel television series. After all, Whedon himself may be busy with Marvel movies, but "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is currently headed up by Jed Whedon (Joss' brother) and Maurisa Tancheroen, Jed's wife. It wouldn't be surprising if Whedon has a vision as to how the Marvel Cinematic Universe will extend to serialized programming, and Goddard being a part of that vision would certainly make sense.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...el-and-netflix

'Lost' and 'Buffy' vet Drew Goddard to write 'Daredevil' for Marvel and Netflix

The first of the 'Defenders' mini-series signs a huge fan to write

By Drew McWeeny Tuesday, Nov 12, 2013

[font color="e64d19"]Whatever Drew Goddard ends up writing, it's going to be a whole lot of Not This[/font].

What do we call these Marvel mini-series events that have been announced?

They're not movies, of course, but they're not conventional TV projects, either. They're small and self-contained and also part of a larger plan that builds to a brand-new group for Marvel, the Defenders. Netflix is planning to release them, and I assume that means we'll get each of the programs in a batch so we can binge-watch if we want. It should make for a very different type of conversation than we're having week to week about "Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D." I'm sure they want these to land in a very different way, and a big part of that is going to be what sort of talent they attach to each of the shows.

Sign #1 that they're doing it right: Drew Goddard will be writing "Daredevil," set to run for thirteen episodes. They're looking to do series of the same length starring Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, and then they'll do a cross-over event with all four of them together. It sounds like all of the shows will be set in the same corner of the Marvel Universe, New York's Hell's Kitchen, and I like the idea of painting in some of the grittier details of what's happening in this world using these characters.

Goddard is an exciting choice for so many reasons. He's a damn fine writer, and he has proven time and again that he understands how to use TV and the specific type of serialized storytelling that it represents to maximum effect. More than that, though, he's a rabid "Daredevil" fan, and I suspect that combination of his innate talent and his passion for this character are going to give him at least a shot at getting it right.

I didn't write about the Netflix/Marvel deal when it happened because our own Greg Ellwood and Dan Fienberg covered it so well, but the characters they've chosen here seem very carefully calibrated to work on a smaller scale in a way that should pay off well. Daredevil on the bigscreen almost seems like a losing battle. If you tell a good focused small-scale Daredevil story, it isn't big enough for a movie, and if you pump the story up too much, it loses much of what makes Daredevil so interesting in the first place.

I consider this very good news, and a hell of a start for this particular next step in them bringing their characters to life the right way. The shows won't start airing until 2015, and there's no word yet which order things will air.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/11/12/d...ixs-daredevil/

Published November 12, 2013 by Devin Faraci

Drew Goddard To Be Writer Without Fear For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL

Awesome news.

Drew Goddard, who co-wrote and directed the brilliant Cabin in the Woods, is in talks to write Daredevil for Netflix, one of the shows that's part of Marvel's new package deal with the streaming service. Goddard has plenty of TV experience, and he worked with Marvel Godfather Joss Whedon on both Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

This is great news! Goddard is not just a terrific writer, he's a mensch. What's even cooler is the reveal that each of these series will have one writer behind them, creating a sense of cohesive continuity from episode to episode. Having one wirter on each series will also help give each series a voice all its own, making each a unique experience. Goddard is a great choice because he's funny and smart, and he won't just mire Daredevil in painful, tedious grimdark. He understands how lightness and happiness makes the heavier stuff all that much heavier.

Goddard is still in negotiations, but between his relationship with Whedon and his lifelong love of Daredevil (talking to Collider, Goddard once said: “You’re talking to a guy who had quotes from Daredevil painted on his wall while growing up... Even when I was 18, I still had the blood red door with the, ‘I have shown him that a man without hope is a man without fear.’"), this feels like a no-brainer.

Drew Goddard in Talks to Pen Marvel’s DAREDEVIL Netflix Series

http://collider.com/daredevil-show-drew-goddard/

Potential ‘Ant-Man’ Movie Casting Sheet Hints At Title Character Identity

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-movie-casting-call/

Drew Goddard To Write Daredevil Netflix Series

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11/...etflix-series/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 414 Posts

While it still has potential I did enjoy the episode with the robotic eyeballs, it does have some serious issues. I think it will get a 2nd season if only because of Joss's pull with Marvel but I could see them possibly re-tooling it like giving Skye or her parents powers to appease people who were expecting more super-heroics.

Biggest problem IMO: It has plenty of moments where I can "see the storyboard" in a scene instead of feeling things organically. I can almost see the writers notes of: "We'll see Ward and Fitz bond here" or "This will show how witty and charming Skye is!", etc.

Thanks

I´ve been enjoying the episodes, but I feel like something is lacking. Up to now, the series is my guilty pleasure this season.

Let´s see if it gets better.

Bronze Party-Goer
    Thanks

I don't really care about Syke finding her parents or whatever and it's clear that they don't want her to find out.

I guess in January we're going to find out that Coulson is a clone or something.

I think the show has gotten better than the beginning or at least I'm more into it now than I was the first few episodes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire in Rug View Post
    As a Joss Whedon fan and as a fan of comic books and the Marvel Cinematic Universe I *want* to like this show.

Thus far, it's done nothing for me. All the characters are generic, cardboard archetypes of characters I've seen a thousand times before. There's the experienced tough guy who doesn't play well with others. The "wacky" scientist types who speak in technobabble. The tough girl who won't be told what to do by no man. The retired character with a tragic past. The underdog coach who believes in his crappy team. None of the characters really bring anything to the table that I haven't seen before, they're all walking cliches.
    God yes. I had so much goodwill for this show before it started, and not even totally high expectations (never as much of a fan of Coulson as the rest of the internet seemed to be!). But it's been so disappointing.

Not looking too far down the thread to avoid spoilers... but I stopped watching around ep six. Has it got any better? Could this be another parks and rec - awful first season, then comes together?

-- Robofrakkinawesome BANNER BY FRANCY --

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfie Gilmore For This Useful Post:

Emmie (14-12-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie Gilmore View Post
    God yes. I had so much goodwill for this show before it started, and not even totally high expectations (never as much of a fan of Coulson as the rest of the internet seemed to be!). But it's been so disappointing.

Not looking too far down the thread to avoid spoilers... but I stopped watching around ep six. Has it got any better? Could this be another parks and rec - awful first season, then comes together?
    I've seen I think 7 episodes so far - episode 6 is pretty good and ep 7 also decent, but it's still shaky and nowhere near living up to its potential. I think part of the problem is that the show just doesn't know what it wants to be - or what it wants the characters to be. The cast is beginning to gel, but the writing lets them down time after time. And Coulson simply doesn't work for me as a lead - neither the character nor the actor is strong enough to build a show around.

It is improving and there is a lot of potential there - but it's all pretty bland and formulaic still, storytelling by numbers, lacking that magical spark that's needed to really lift a show above its constituent parts and make it work. I love the Avengers franchise, have enjoyed all the films a lot (except for the Incredible Hulk, which was so dull I switched off after 20 minutes), but the show so far hasn't managed to capture that magic. There's still time, though. A lot of shows don't manage to hit the ground running, so it might still hit its stride, for those who stick with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,446 Times in 2,875 Posts

I've officially given up on the show and will wait to hear if it gets good before catching up on the rest of the season. The writing is just so amateurish though (which is really quite surprising as Jed and Mo wrote DH’s best episodes and Jeffery Bell wrote some great AtS and Alias episodes) so unless they overhaul the writer’s team I can’t see it improving. And I agree with both Wolfie and Llywela that Coulson is very overrated. I’ve never quite understood why people find him so lovable and Clark Gregg is pretty bland in the role.

Honestly, I think it's pretty obvious that Whedon has very limited involvement in this series. He's one of many executive producers and isn't the show runner. And I'm not just saying that because I think he's incapable of making a flop show but because they’ve talked about how his time is mostly consumed with Avengers 2. It’s a bit of a stretch even calling it a Whedon show, to be honest, which has eased my disappointment somewhat and made me feel less sad about letting it go. But even the pilot episode which he co-wrote was uncharacteristically clichéd and straight-forward for a Whedon script.

I just can't see this show getting much better because I think it suffers from two major problems; the casting and the writing. Without a complete overhaul it's always going to be pretty limited by how much it can really improve. I have warmed to some of the cast a little because I think there's moments, particularly in episode 6, where some of them did begin to shine, but the writing lets them down every time.

Everything just feels so empty. The “emotions” feel so manufactured and false. It's just very, very surprising for a "Whedon" show (and I use sarcastic quote marks) when the characters have always been his strong points. Looking at his most recent work before this, I was more intrigued by Adele Dewitt in just the pilot episode of Dollhouse than I have been in any of the AoS shield characters in 10 episodes.
    - "The earth is doomed" -

23. The Following User Says Thank You to vampmogs For This Useful Post:

Emmie (14-12-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 575 Posts

Every time I see a promo photo for SHIELD, the monochromatic gray flips this switch inside my brain which makes me want to yawn.

I feel the same lack of interest in the show. The lack of stakes and drama.

It's more exciting on The Good Wife watching characters walk down a hallway or talk on a cell phone about a case, then it is to watch the SHIELD agents talk about defusing weapons that could decimate a city block.

Have y'all ever tried to go back and watch run of the mill TV shows from the 80s/early 90s? And they're just so... boring and amateurish.

SHIELD feels outdated on a storytelling level compared to the the great TV that's set the standard.

Banner Set by thedothatgirl

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 414 Posts

I've seen all the episodes so far. While the midseason finale had some spark and was somewhat intresting I know the momentum will likley be gone by January. And I'm not sure if I enjoyed it because of the episode itself or some residual Gunn feelings I get when I see J. August Richards on screen as Mike. Mild spoilers for people who haven't seen them all yet:

I don't believe for a second Mike is dead, it's a comic book show and we did not see a body either. Trying to make death have impact on this show is going to be a challenge, but they aren't up to it if a lot of people are still struggling to care about the characters in the first place.

The dialogue really really really suffers in places, they actually did a "He's standing right behind me isn't he?" cliche in the last episode.

The hunt for Skye's parents completely defangs any validity Skye had about SHIELD doing underhanded things. Her attitude does not make her Buffy -like, she comes across as Dawn-like! It makes no sense Colson and May put up with her crap unless they were the agents who either broke up or are her parents. They've given us no hints as to what happened there yet.

Ward and May having a casual fling going on surprised me mostly because it showed the writers can take some form of risk, as small and cheesy as it is. I'm rolling my eyes though at the likely love triangle they'll probably try with Ward/May/Skye. None of the characters are worth investing in to put up with a triangle and I find it slightly off-putting one of the women is old enough to be her "rival's" mother and I just can't see May behaving like a brat if she loses to Skye.

Maybe there are hints as to what's going on with Colson somewhere in these eps but they've been so well hidden I can't pick up on them with my limited Marvel knowledge. They've really messed up the pacing of that. They seem finally ready to start addressing it, but we have to wait until January!

Why didn't they flashback to May's Calvary backstory instead of just having other people tell Skye about it? Budget? They may do it later but that was the wrong way to introduce a major character's history.

And as a somewhat knowledgeable fan I know they cannot use mutants as Fox owns the film rights to the X-Men, but the outright treatment of telepathic and telekinetic powers as being impossible while lightning generating hammers and the like are totally acceptable is ridiculous. If they are mostly going to be creating OCs then create one or two with T & T.

And, because I'm on another Orphan Black kick and am doing by Clone Club duty to recruit as many new fans as possible, I must say the 10 episodes of Season 1 of OB are vastly superior to MAoS first 10. This is great TV. If you have TV time over the holidays, try this. Here is a recent article on the show in general, mild spoilers for you to get to know the show:

http://www.thebacklot.com/best-and-w...black/12/2013/

(The first two episodes aren't bad at all, but are mostly setup.)

Here is a trailer that is half-real and half-fan made. Most of the the official ones do not get the mood of the show at all and don't do it justice IMO. This is one of the better ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwCA_MPQh7U
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 14-12-13 at 05:04 PM.