Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD

Slayer
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,081 Posts

I thought this and last weeks were very strong episodes.

Sunnydale High Student Nebula1400's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know why, but I'm having trouble clicking with the show this season. The episodes are likable enough, but I don't really quite feel the emotional resonance that other seasons had. I don't like what they've done with Deek. Daisy just stands there saying gruff stuff while killing stuff with her mind. May exudes her emotionless love for dead Coulson, while Coulson clone brutalizes everyone. There's this manufactured breakup between Mack and YoYo, but there's no chemistry between them.The best part of the season has been Jemma (and Fitz when he's in scenes with her), but even she feels a little off at times.

I still like the series, but I keep forgetting it's on, because there's not enough that happens to make me think about it in between episodes anymore.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (15-07-19),Priceless (15-07-19)

Thanks

They had expected Season 5 to be the end and you can tell they're scrambling somewhat to make a new story so I think that's part of it. I like Mack and YoYo together well enough though the temporary love triangle I could have done without. Fitz and Simmons' episode mostly covered ground the audience already knew and while Ian was a great actor with the new information, I don't know if it warranted a whole episode that was essentially a retread to the viewers.

FYI for US/Canada people, the last 2 episodes of the season are airing together on August 2nd.
    Last edited by DanSlayer; 15-07-19 at 09:45 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

BAF (16-07-19),Nebula1400 (16-07-19),Priceless (15-07-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

Agents Of Shield to end next season.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/agents-...bc-1202646416/

‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ To End After Season 7 On ABC – Comic-Con

By Dominic Patten

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will end after its upcoming seventh season.

“When you know that’s what you’re doing, you can take greater risks, of life and death,” Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb says of the conclusion of ABC’s Clark Gregg-led superspy series, which is currently in the last weeks of its explosive sixth season. “Those kinds of decisions suddenly now are real on the table because you’re not playing how do we undo this when we get to the next season. You’re playing that this is going to be the end of the story.”

A regular and often circumspect presence at Comic-Con over the past decade, Loeb will be joining Gregg, fellow cast members Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s inaugural Hall H appearance this afternoon. Executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon and Jeff Bell will also be there for what is surely the first stage in a long goodbye for the flagship show on the first day of this year’s SDCC 50.

Beforehand, Loeb sat down with Deadline to unveil the end of S.H.I.E.L.D., why it is stopping after Season 7, and the “celebration” and possible surprises in store for this lauded part of the Marvel canon.

LOEB: Season 6 ends really delightfully. That’s all I can say.

Going into Season 7, when you know you only have 13 more stories, you really do get a chance to see what that writers’ room is going to do when they can do anything. It was the best kind of creative situation.

DEADLINE: OK, but with lots of changes going on at Marvel TV, and of course the Disney expansion with the Fox assets and the upcoming streaming service, why announce now that S.H.I.E.L.D. is ending?

LOEB: Well, the bitter side is nobody ever wants anything to end, but it’s going to be amazing, and here’s the best news: Season 6 isn’t over, and you’ve seen none of Season 7. That’s the celebration, there’s still more. It’s not as though we’re going to walk off the stage and say goodbye, you’re never going to see another one of these new stories again. You have to see how this ends, you have to.

DEADLINE: It seemed like S.H.I.E.L.D. was going to end before, especially a couple of seasons ago with the apparent death of Clark Gregg’s Agent Phil Coulson at the end of Season 5. Why wrap it up when you are on a roll and had a new season ordered late last year?

LOEB: The simplest answer is so that we can end on our terms, really.

How many shows do you know that just suddenly ended, and you feel like, but wait a minute, there was more. Yes, in the chronology of this is we thought Season 5 was the end. If you go back and you look at the end of that season, it is written that way. Actually, the last episode of that season is called “The End.” Honestly, we thought we were turning out the lights and going home when we got a call from ABC that said, the material is so strong, do you think you have another season, do you think you have another 13 because we sort of like this idea of doing it again.

DEADLINE: And you resurrected it, so to speak?

LOEB: Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen and Jeff Bell, who have been there from the very beginning, went away and came back and said, we have a cool idea. That cool idea became Season 6. The show started to come in, then about halfway through that season we get another call from ABC’s Channing Dungey, who is a big fan of the show, super supportive, and she says, how about a Season 7?

DEADLINE: Which clearly you said yes to…

LOEB: Yes, but everyone is making plans, like it was at the end of Season 5, we thought it was done. Then we, again, sat down with Jed, Jeff, and Maurissa. We all came to the conclusion that getting another season is so flattering, so lovely, so amazing, but how about if we go back and say, yes, but this is it.

DEADLINE: Why?

LOEB: So we can actually build a season that will tie up any threads that are there. To make sure that we come to a conclusion that’s satisfying to the fans, to the cast, to Marvel, and to ABC.

When you know that’s what you’re doing, you can take greater risks, of life and death. Those kinds of decisions suddenly now are real on the table because you’re not playing how do we undo this when we get to the next season. You’re playing that this is going to be the end of the story.

DEADLINE: To that, how do you think the fans will react to the news of the upcoming end and then seeing you guys up on stage at Hall H on Thursday?

LOEB: When we first sat down and started talking about what we wanted to do at San Diego and doing it this way just made sense.

You know, we have a number of shows that are starting up, a number of shows that are going to be appearing towards the end of the same year or next year. So who benefits the most in that forum, and the fans so love that cast, particularly when you’re now in your sixth season, your seventh season. Like I said, what we really wanted to do was have a celebration. To have an opportunity for us to be able to say to the fans, let’s take a journey, and that will lead to the acknowledgement that we’re wrapping it up after seven seasons.

DEADLINE: That’s going to be a bitter pill for a lot of your fans….

LOEB: Look, every single show has a fan, who doesn’t understand why it has to go away. By the same token, the sweetness, which is it will always be there. It’s like a great novel, it’s always on the shelf, you can take it down, interact with it. You know that’s the joy now the world of streaming, which is you can watch the whole thing for the rest of your life all at once and not have to really look around for it, and so 136 hours of being able to enjoy these stories over and over and over again.

DEADLINE: This was the flagship Marvel TV show…

LOEB: This is the flagship Marvel TV show, so don’t even speak of it in the past.

DEADLINE: Point taken, but let me ask you this – is it really over? I mean, this is Marvel, shift a timeline or two and the gang is back together, right?

LOEB: I personally believe that every great Marvel story ends to be continued, but the short answer is, yes, it will conclude in a way that is incredibly emotional and in the best ways. It’s funny, it’s heartbreaking, it’s…

DEADLINE: Sounds like It’s a classic Marvel speedball.

LOEB: (laughs) It’s a classic, exactly.

DEADLINE: So, to that end, what are we looking at, is it a two-hour finale or how does the finale happen?

LOEB: I don’t think we want to get into specifics, yet, I just know that it’s coming. When Season 7 comes, and that’s the other thing, all I can say is that seven is sometime next year, and we’ll see what ABC does with scheduling. But. we’re pretty close to done, and so that’s the other reason for Hall H is that this is a chance for our actors to really say thank you to the
    fans.

DEADLINE: They do love the cast, especially that Agent Coulson…

LOEB: Who wouldn’t?

One, everyone roots for the everyman guy. What Phil Coulson brought to the table was a kind of golly, gee-whiz of it all, like everyone remembers, like you got all goose bumpily when he met Captain America. We’d all be that way, but then he was also really good at his job. Just think of the number of times that he could he figure it out when nobody else could figure it out, and that most of the times was unflappable.

The second is you can’t divorce the character from Clark Gregg. He’s just this incredibly warm, delightful man, that’s who he is that’s how he’s built. So you spend five minutes with him and suddenly he’s your best pal, he’s the guy you’ve known since high school, like he’s that guy, and that somehow connects to the audience. I don’t think there’s ever been anybody who sat and watched an episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. and looked at any of the characters and went, I don’t know who any of those people are.

DEADLINE: Obviously, Marvel TV has had a lot of fires going, and a lot of those have burned very bright, and there’s a whole new slate coming down the line. But this was your baby, this was the first born in live action, so from a producer and creator point of view, what were some of the lessons you learned from getting S.H.I.E.L.D. up and running, getting it going this long that you brought to other shows and you brought to other projects?

LOEB: Most importantly was, and it became sort of the running joke, and yourself did it, which was no one talks about the show without saying after a rocky start …but I don’t think it should be gauged like that.

DEADLINE: What do you mean?

LOEB: I know you doing ratings and that’s part of your job, but for us, it was just a straight line of 136 great hours of television. In hindsight, when you go back and watch it, you don’t remember what the ratings were in Season 3, you just go, that was a really cool scene, I loved that, and so that’s the place that Marvel Television lives.

At the end of the day, it’s let’s look at the portrait, look at the entire landscape of the story, and see whether or not you feel satisfied.

DEADLINE: Having a conclusion to S.H.I.E.LD. now, are you satisfied with the totality of those eventual 136 episodes?

LOEB: Yes, and from what I’ve learned we’ve been able to do things as radical, and I mean radical in the best artistic way, as Legion and as romantic, and I mean that in the most artful way, as Agent Carter. You really get a sense of how this catalog of characters has existed for 75 years. It’s because each one of those voices and the way that they’re told, and if you’re a comic book fan, you know this, but if you’re a television person, you’re going, wow, these all feel different, and yet, it all feels like it’s part of the same world.

DEADLINE: Speaking of that same world, are we going to see … we have seen Nick Fury, on the show, we’ve been close to the hem more than once with Winter Solider, Ghost Rider was with the show for a while. Are we going to see any special guests for the last season or are we staying straight S.H.I.E.L.D.?

LOEB: You have to wait and see. Or as we used to say, that’s a level seven question.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/18/agents...d-no-season-8/

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to End After Season 7 in 2020

By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 18 2019

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. now have their final mission in sight, with the announcement that next season, airing sometime in 2020, will be the ABC series’ last.

Setting an end date in advance, Marvel TV chief Jeph Loeb told our sister site Deadline, allows the writers to “build a season that will tie up any threads that are there. To make sure that we come to a conclusion that’s satisfying to the fans, to the cast, to Marvel, and to ABC.”

It also, gulp, opens the door for some big, perhaps deadly swings. “When you know [you’re ending], you can take greater risks, of life and death,” said Loeb, who also shared that Marvel was ready to end things last year (ergo the Season 5 finale title, “The End”), before ABC requested Season 6 (and then a Season 7).

Looking to the more immediate future — Episode 10 of Season 6 airs this Friday, and the double-episode finale is set for Aug. 2 — S.H.I.E.L.D. cast members promised a very good tease going into what will now be the series’ farewell run.

“My favorite part about the finale is the very, very end, because it will be a big shift that sets us up for next season,” Chloe Bennet said during TVLine’s most recent set visit. Jeff Ward, who plays Deke, echoed that sentiment, saying, “The very last thing in the finale is great. Very, very good,” while Elizabeth Henstridge advised fans to “stay tuned until that last minute of the finale!” (As if we wouldn’t!)

Want scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D., or for any other show? Email InsideLine@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (18-07-19),Priceless (18-07-19)

Thanks

Knew this was probably going to happen based on Clark Gregg's statements recently. Guess they want to announce it before the SDCC panel later today. They started filming S7 in February so they must be close to wrapping too.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8xB321z-YA

Spoilers, bit epic trailer for the last 4 episodes of Season 6. No real new information at the SDCC panel, just a tribute to the show/cast/fans but it promises answers about Sarge in episode 10 tomorrow, also what was in Coulson's letter to Daisy will come up.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

BAF (19-07-19),Priceless (18-07-19)

Slayer
    Thanks

I'm not surprised it's ending either.It sounds like when ABC came to them about doing a season 7,they told them they didn't want to go beyond that.

This is the best way to end a series.Under it's own power.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsarama.com/46036-sdcc...l-d-panel.html

SDCC 2019: MARVEL's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Panel ... and Maybe Its Last

By Kat Calamia, Newsarama Contributor
    July 18, 2019

ABC's Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. survived the Blip but only have another season left in their tour. Now that news is out that Season 7 will be their last , their return to Comic-Con International: San Diego - this time in Hall H - is going to have a whole new dynamic.

Castmembers Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, and Jeff Ward are expected to be here, as well as executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, to talk about the current season 6 and the upcoming final season 7.

And you can follow along live as part of Newsarama's wall-to-wall coverage of SDCC. Look below for our liveblog - just give it a few seconds to load in your browser.

The panel is starting!

Jeph Loeb is introducing the panel

He's discussing the wrap up of the show, and this is a panel to celebrate the show

There are going to be clips of each season and asking the panel about their favorite memories.

They are showing clips from Season 1

Clark is discussing how it all began. Clark says, "Season 1 was a magical place"

Whedon contacted Clark not much later after the Avengers panel at Hall H that Coulson wasn't dead and pitched him the show.

Clark wouldn't be here without the people who were part of the Coulson Lives campaign

We are now seeing clips from season 2.

The panel is discussing how season 2 surpassed season 1 - they did not have a sophomore slump.

Clark continues to complement the crew for all they've accomplished

Ming discusses finding out about the Calvary.

Ming is getting emotional talking about all they've done. "It's such a family and so miraculous to look back."

Jeph says the cast and crew found out to be a family on and off screen.

The cast and crew are shooting the very last episode right now, which is why they are so emotional.

Now we are seeing clips of Season 3.

The cast and crew need tissues!

A lot of claps for the kiss between Fitz and Simmons in the retrospective clip.

Elizabeth discusses the episode where she's on a planet by herself.

Henry didn't know a damn thing about the show when coming on.

Henry talks about becoming the mechanic to the director of Shield.

Someone needed to step up when Coulson died

We are now seeing clips from Season 4.

Heavy focus on Ghost Rider

Now focusing on Agents of Hydra arc

Season 4 was jammed packed

Iain joked it was pretty fun to be a villain, but in all seriousness it was hard to bring that home.

Ian and Elizabeth didn't see a lot of each other when Fitz became a villain.

Shield feels responsible for Gabe Luna playing Terminator

We are seeing clips from Season 5

Claps for May and Coulson holding hands.

Jeff was suppose to be a throwaway character

The whole cast was upset when the throwaway character died, and that rarely happens. They love Jeff.

Jeff is trying to not get emotional as he talks about getting a bigger role on the show

They all took him in, in a way they didn't have to

At the end of Season 5 they really thought it was the end

They are doing a very quick Q&A

These stories take place before Endgame

There's some talk about a comic being made about the adventures in space.

Stay tuned to if Daisy read the letter from Coulson

No news on if agents will appear in the MCU post season 7.

We are seeing a trailer of a hint of what's to come for the end of Season 6.

May and Coulson have a confrontation about him not remembering.

His memories are coming back

Daisy looks at the letter Coulson gave her

The trailer is over

The panel has finished, thank you for joining us

https://www.cbr.com/agents-shield-sdcc-2019-panel/

SDCC LIVE: Agents of SHIELD Declassify Season 6 & Beyond

Agents of SHIELD's Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet and more stopped by Comic-Con International to discuss the show's final two seasons.

by Meagan Damore – on Jul 18, 2019

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are about to embark on their last mission. Following news the show will conclude with Season 7, stars Clark Gregg, Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward stopped by Comic-Con International in San Diego with executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell and Jeph Loeb to discuss the remaining episodes of Season 6 and the final season.

Loeb took to the stage to introduce the panel, but paused to thank the fans for their dedication to the series. He then introduced the show's cast and executive producers. He saved Gregg's entrance for last, and the Avengers star entered the stage to thunderous applause.

As part of the series celebration, Loeb cued a montage overview of the series. "Season 1 is a magical place," Gregg said. "This has been such an incredible journey because, when I stepped on this stage with the cast of The Avengers in 2010... not long after that, I was dead. And this really nice guy I had met up in the green room named Whedon said, 'You're maybe not so dead'... In addition to these people on stage and Mr. Loeb and the incredible writers who found a way to something with what they were allowed to have within the Marvel Universe, I am in awe... I am very moved about the end of this journey." He called out producer Gary Brown to thank him for his contributions to the series.

"We had our last table read on Monday and in the script they put our first call sheet from the pilot," Tancharoen shared. "Now it's really hard to believe that we're at the end. I'm just so proud of everyone up here... and to all of you. Obviously, without you, we wouldn't have made it this far."

Following this, Loeb ran a reel recapping Season 2. "I was really struck by watching that but this is the year we also expanded and Henry Simmons showed up... and then we had Bobbi and Hunter... and we had all these amazing actors show up and come in and play with us," Bell recalled. "Bringing the Inhuman idea in and watching Skye become an Inhuman."

"It was great to finally understand what The Calvary was... and then when they told us it was because she kills a little girl, it was really a tough thing to wrap my mind around and yet it makes so much sense why she closed herself up," Wen said. "The people behind the cameras also contribute so much. It blows my mind when I see it again. Mark Kolpak and our vis effects team, the props, the makeup."

"It's just so remarkable that we made every episode in eight days and I don't think we would have really forced ourselves in every department to do something so miraculous if it wasn't you guys," she added, tearing up. "It's just to entertain you guys, but it is such a family and it's so miraculous when I look back at it... It brings back a lot of memories."

"We're shooting the very last episode right now, so a lot of us are feeling this... because we're going through that," Whedon shared. "Part of the reason we're really enjoying this is the characters are going through what we're going through."

Following a Season 3 reel, Loeb turned to Henstridge about her solo episode. "I mean, I got to kiss someone new! It was lonely. I did miss all my best friends," she recalled. "That was a crazy shoot... Gary Brown, we were there together... I never thought it would happen..."

"It feels like we shot that 900 years ago but also yesterday," Bennet said.

"I didn't know a damn thing about the show," Simmons said. "It was something unique, something I had never done before." As to the "Spy's Goodbye," where Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter left the series, he continued, "It was very emotional to me, I was and am very close to. So it wasn't just me acting. It really was me saying goodbye to friends I wasn't going to see on a consistent basis... I took it personally. It was my way of saying to them how much I love them and how much I'm going to miss them."

Simmons never expected to become the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. "Hell no! When I first came on, I was recurring," he said. "I was supposed to just be there for Fitz to help him out..."

"Before they kill you, they call you in to talk to you," Simmons revealed. He said Bell and Whedon called after him, and "I ran.... Becoming a director, never would I think that. Honestly, just a mechanic, working on some cars. Things gradually grew, I got out there, I got my shotgun-ax, and then Coulson died. Someone needed to step up! And then they gave it to me. Thank you, thank you."

After a Season 4 sizzle reel, Cordova-Buckley addressed the scene where Mack's daughter is claimed by the Framework while Yo-Yo sits by. "That scene was one of my favorite scenes to shoot in this show because, when you read the episode as some of the guys up here were talking about it, you don't really understand the filmmaking aspect of it... I didn't know we had to be crying for five hours... It was the final scene of Season 4 and we were there. I didn't know if I was going to be coming back and the wrap party was there waiting for us... It was probably one of the first really emotional scenes that I had... that was such an important part of Mack's story."

As to his role as a villain, De Caestecker said, "It wasn't a nice feeling to be acting like that all day, and then I suppose... I've always been so paired up with Elizabeth that it was bizarre." He said he listened to Counting Crows' "Big Yellow Taxi" and cried because he didn't have any scenes with Henstridge.

"Don't you think we're partially responsible for Gabe Luna playing the Terminator?" Tancharoen mused.

"He'll be returning as the Ghost Rider on Hulu," Loeb added.

Loeb turned to Ward after a Season 5 reel. "It was crazy. I was a cast a different part. I was cast Virgil... so I thought I was going to be there for one day," Ward revealed.

"But he killed the table read as the person who gets his face clawed in episode 2," Gregg joked.

"Jeff came in, was this one character that died. I've never been at a table read -- nobody has ever reacted that way," Bennet said. "He killed it."

"Usually, when someone dies, they give them applause at the table read. I didn't get that," he recalled. 'They gave me that part and must very much regret it,'" he thought until he found out he was returning for more. "I fell in love with all these people, working with them and being with them. They're all such talented artists... and care about each other. It comes from the bosses down to Clark to Ming to Chloe to everyone sitting up here... [They] took me in a way they didn't have to... Now, two and a half years later, I love all these people very, very much."

"I used to have the biggest laugh, and when Jeff came along, he took that crown," Wen laughed.

"It's been an honor to be part of this. I'm really lucky," Ward concluded.

Gregg weighed in on the Season 5 finale, in which Coulson leaves with May to die. "The episode was called 'The End,'" he recalled. "It was this episode where Coulson isn't entirely unhappy because he's in Tahiti, stepping into the sand with someone who's going to make him very happy, but what was written was really beautiful... The membrane between our fictional story and us is very thing... I couldn't even rehearse the scene... Nobody was more surprised than me to hear about Sarge."

A fan asked if there could be a spinoff about Quake and Simmons' Season 6 adventure in space. "I will say there's been some -- very little -- talk about a comic book following that storyline," Whedon teased
    Another wanted to know if Daisy ever read the letter Coulson wrote her before his death. "Stay tuned," Gregg said.

"This is the flagship show of Marvel Television, and the show that I love most," Loeb said, concluding the panel.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Fridays at 8 pm ET/PT on ABC. The series stars Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Henry Simmons, Iain De Caestecker, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, Elizabeth Henstridge and Clark Gregg.
    Last edited by BAF; 19-07-19 at 01:09 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAF For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (19-07-19),Priceless (19-07-19)

Thanks

Leap was very strong.

They killed invincible redshirt Davis and wounded Piper...who seems well enough for a hole in her hand.

Traitor is a big spy trope, this, Who is Hydra in S1, Hive's sway in S3, LMDs in S4.

Was the guard too busy making eyes at Simmons to notice Sarge?

So Sarge is a clone body with a mix of Coulson and Shrike memories that traversed planets getting a team, thinking he was hunting also-Shrike Izel? So if Shrike man left he'd be Coulson from mid season 5?

At least Izel's plan is straightforward. Turn humans into hosts.

Wonder what's going on with the Chrichoms in Fitz and Simmons mind machine thing?

Mack should have asked why he owns 10% of Deke's company.

Graveyard Patrol HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

To be fair Jemma is quite striking. So I guess not Son of Coul creation wasn't related to 'the snap'. Hmmm...wonder if that'll come into play at all this season?