Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD

Thanks
    Thanked 4,427 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HowiMetdaSlayer View Post
    Glad you're watching FFB! I'm a huge FitzSimmons fan! ♥ them! I really like this show. To be fair wasn't thrilled with season 4 Hive or last season's Framework story lines. Hopefully things will improve when the team get's back.
    Really? Those were the best arcs. The Framework in particular was the best thing the show has ever done.
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

Priceless (26-02-18)

Thanks

A solid start back. Good humor with Daisy's Mom, facist virtual world...or dancing and Deke though quite a brutal confirmation of the time loop still in play with Elena's arms. And I think the ending just proved Hale is totally the bad guy, duh. I semi-follow promo pics so I was spoiled about Deke and from cast lists I think I know a few more Hale's team besides Absorbing Man...they are really going back into the history of the show!

Piper is the redshirt that just won't die!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

TimeTravellingBunny (05-03-18)

Sunnydale High Student Nebula1400's Avatar
    Thanks

There hasn't been one weak episode all season. This show is truly thrilling.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

Priceless (04-03-18),TimeTravellingBunny (05-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanSlayer View Post
    A solid start back. Good humor with Daisy's Mom, facist virtual world...or dancing and Deke though quite a brutal confirmation of the time loop still in play with Elena's arms. And I think the ending just proved Hale is totally the bad guy, duh. I semi-follow promo pics so I was spoiled about Deke and from cast lists I think I know a few more Hale's team besides Absorbing Man...they are really going back into the history of the show!

Piper is the redshirt that just won't die!
    Yeah, the first half of that episode was one of the funniest - the Deke parts had me literally laughing out loud - but then what happened later was one of the most surprising and brutal moments.

I guessed that the woman under the mask was General's daughter - they've been hyping Dove Cameron's role and said that it's not a role people would expect her to play - so it seemed kind of obvious.

So if it's all coming true, then did Elena wear prosthetic arms in the 2022 scenes we saw in The Last Day?

Daisy and Deke are fun together and have great chemistry - in the friend/frenemy kind of way. (I just hope there isn't going to any kind of forced romance - I only say that because the fandom thought he was her love interest as soon as he was cast - because he's a dude and they interact... They have absolutely no romantic chemistry - then again, neither did she have with Lincoln, but they don't need to repeat that mistake.)
    You keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along - that weird unbearable delight that's actual happy - I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (05-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravellingBunny View Post
    Yeah, the first half of that episode was one of the funniest - the Deke parts had me literally laughing out loud - but then what happened later was one of the most surprising and brutal moments.

I guessed that the woman under the mask was General's daughter - they've been hyping Dove Cameron's role and said that it's not a role people would expect her to play - so it seemed kind of obvious.

So if it's all coming true, then did Elena wear prosthetic arms in the 2022 scenes we saw in The Last Day?

Daisy and Deke are fun together and have great chemistry - in the friend/frenemy kind of way. (I just hope there isn't going to any kind of forced romance - I only say that because the fandom thought he was her love interest as soon as he was cast - because he's a dude and they interact... They have absolutely no romantic chemistry - then again, neither did she have with Lincoln, but they don't need to repeat that mistake.)
    It happens basically with every guy on the show now, there's Robbie shippers too. Annoying yes, though we're on a site dedicated to 2 shows that never resolved a love triangle during the runs. There's talk of a big romantic moment in the 100th next week; probably Philinda related.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (10-03-18),TimeTravellingBunny (05-03-18)

Thanks

There have been lots of BTS photos, lists, articles and other things released on the occasion of the upcoming 100th episode of AoS. Here's the new EW article with most of the main cast and the showrunners talking about their auditions for the show. Joss gets mentioned by his brother Jed in the last part:

http://ew.com/tv/agents-of-shield-au...d-then-and-now

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (10-03-18),Nebula1400 (10-03-18),Priceless (09-03-18)

Thanks

This was up there with the best Buffy and Angel episodes. This episode has me in tears.

Also, we all pretty much knew about Deke. I miss talking about it as it's happening the way we did on Whedonesque.

Thanks

Fitzsimmons grandchild confirmed! I knew it was a theory but wasn't sure they'd actually do it. Not sure if that increases or decreases the chances of Flint being related to Elena and Mack.

Some nice little callbacks and a First Evil type thing though the idea of Coulson just being on the table lacked weight.

Hey, Agent Davis-the one Aida ran at off screen. Think he's married to Daisy's mom in real life right?

Ghost Rider hated unnatural life with Human Aida so I guess him undoing Coulson't healing makes sense. But does that mean it would want to go after Daisy as well?

Deke continues to amuse with the sacrificing bit. I was a bit ticked at him and Mike chatting at the wedding but it was for the reveal.

Canada sometimes cuts the tags. Was there anything after Deke said he didn't really know either of them?

Thanks

Fitzsimmons grandchild confirmed! I knew it was a theory but wasn't sure they'd actually do it. Not sure if that increases or decreases the chances of Flint being related to Elena and Mack.

Some nice little callbacks and a First Evil type thing though the idea of Coulson just being on the table lacked weight.

Hey, Agent Davis-the one Aida ran at off screen. Think he's married to Daisy's mom in real life right?

Ghost Rider hated unnatural life with Human Aida so I guess him undoing Coulson't healing makes sense. But does that mean it would want to go after Daisy as well?

Deke continues to amuse with the sacrificing bit. I was a bit ticked at him and Mike chatting at the wedding but it was for the reveal.

Canada sometimes cuts the tags. Was there anything after Deke said he didn't really know either of them?
    Nothing occurred after that.

Agent Davis (don't know the actor's name, can't look up on imdb at the moment) is indeed married to Dichen Lachman.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (10-03-18)

Thanks

Why would he come after Daisy?

The only thing I was really surprised by was Mike’s return (both times). Which is something I have been wishing for for a long time (he was one of my favorite characters in S1 and I was really disappointed we saw so little of him later. On the other hand, his appearance in the ‘greatest fears’ basement is something I just can’t make sense of. Unless someone has a really good theory, it just seems that they wanted to give JAR more to do, rather than just get him back for a few minutes at the end. But it bugs me that we still don’t know if he ever reunited with his son!

The wedding, Deke’s familial connection through his mother, and Coulson’s situation were all things that I was expecting and that the fandom pretty much guessed. I’ve always thought, since Future Elena said Coulson was dying, that it had something to do with his original resurrection (which ties everything back to the beginning, and underscores that resurrections via Kree blood aren’t perfect for multiple reasons, which is a good plot point to have so people wouldn’t wonder ‘why don’t they just resurrect everyone who dies?’), and a lot of people thought it was the Ghost Rider deal - and as it turns out, it’s both.

BTW Deke as the comic relief works really well.

Fitz continuing to have self-esteem issues and thinking he doesn’t deserve Jemma frustrated me, but it makes sense for his characterization, especially considering his feelings of guilt over the Framework.

Daisy had her most emotional moments this season so far. It felt true that she would refuse to accept Coulson dying even if he did, and insist they should try to prolong his life. It also made me think of the moment in 1.15 when Coulson told her the truth about the formula that saved her life and brought him back to life, which he expected her to be shocked by, but she instead said the only thing that mattered was that they were alive. But her line to Fitz was really brutal. She was the one who gave him the comforting speech in the season 4 finale, reassuring him he shouldn’t blame himself for anything he did in the Framework, but obviously that doesn’t mean her feelings are all that simple and that she has completely forgotten Framework Fitz. I like it when characters, in spite of loving each other like family, lash at each other in a moment of anger, revealing that not everything they go through gets resolved with a group hug.

This was a really good episode, but the greatest fears segment was somewhat of a disappointment. Except for Mike, it all made sense*, but they didn’t dwell on it. I was expecting more (I love episodes based on ‘manifestations of biggest fears’ that explore the characters - like Nightmares and Fear, Itself). They really shouldn’t have revealed Hive’s and Lash’s appearances ahead of time and hyped it up - those would have been cool surprising cameos, but they spoiled it this way.

*I’m thinking that the manifestations were a combination of all the various fears of various characters - unlike the “greatest regret” for the Framework, there doesn’t need to be just one fear for one character. I think it was the Kree warrior and the forest were both Deke, Hive and the nun were both Daisy (though I could see Coulson also because he lost Daisy because of Hive), Lash was May, LMD Jemma - Fitz, but Elena could have had the fear that she is useless now and a burden to the team, so LMD Jemma trying to kill her would be her fear. We still don’t have Jemma’s or Mack’s fear… And I wish they did more with this 'greatest fear' plot device.

Bronze Party-Goer HowiMetdaSlayer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite the big 100th episode. A LOT going on, but mostly I remember...
    Spoiler:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HowiMetdaSlayer For This Useful Post:

Priceless (14-03-18)

Thanks

A bit slower ep for this week then most of S5. Poor Deke was acting like a puppy and Fitz calls him Scappy-Doo! The way he found out about the heritage was bit convoluted but at least they didn't drag it out. Hopefully the others find out soon too.

Werner (Not) Von Strucker is back, bit of a surprise. I'm willing to bet the reason they have him as Alex now is to not cross wires with The Gifted. By comics he's actually half-brother to the Fenris grandparents on the other show. Oh Fox and Disney you may bring the verse together soon enough; despite Sony trying to make a random Venom offshoot.

A couple of good wisecracks, can't touch this and all.

Really seems like they can't get the actor for Ian Quinn back. So beyond him the loose ends are Dr Hall, VJ, Ivanov and Felix Blake. One of whom is in the next promo. Also, Blake with robic legs vs Elena's robot arms would be a cool match.

Thanks

A bit slower ep for this week then most of S5. Poor Deke was acting like a puppy and Fitz calls him Scappy-Doo! The way he found out about the heritage was bit convoluted but at least they didn't drag it out. Hopefully the others find out soon too.

Werner (Not) Von Strucker is back, bit of a surprise. I'm willing to bet the reason they have him as Alex now is to not cross wires with The Gifted. By comics he's actually half-brother to the Fenris grandparents on the other show. Oh Fox and Disney you may bring the verse together soon enough; despite Sony trying to make a random Venom offshoot.

A couple of good wisecracks, can't touch this and all.

Really seems like they can't get the actor for Ian Quinn back. So beyond him the loose ends are Dr Hall, VJ, Ivanov and Felix Blake. One of whom is in the next promo. Also, Blake with robic legs vs Elena's robot arms would be a cool match.
    I don't think it has anything to do with The Gifted. It's already obvious that the two shows are set in different universes - and everyone has always been clear on that. (The Gifted is also clearly set in a different universe than any of the X-Men movies or Legion.) He was already using "Alex Braun" in season 3, and they called him "Werner" a bunch of times in this episode, and referenced his father a lot. AoS only has to stick to the MCU canon - which is already contradicting The Gifted (and Wolfgang von Strucker was in Age of Ultron and in the Winter Soldier post credit scene).

I really enjoyed this episode. Even though I enjoy the fully SciFi vibe, it was nice to have a return to the show's roots as a spy show, with so many references to season 1 and season 3.

It always impresses me how good the writers are with developing side characters - so much of this episode was about Ruby, Werner and Hale, and it worked.

Thanks

I didn't think the episode was slow at all. Of course it wasn't the 100th episode, but it was interesting from beginning to end. Loved the MC Hammer gags throughout, and Deke is adorable. I don't mind the way they maneuvered the dialogue to have him figured out his lineage.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nebula1400 For This Useful Post:

Lostsoul666 (21-03-18)

Thanks

Wow. What an episode. I'm even more ticked about the possible cancel rumors floating around. I'm hoping for a 6th and final year to give it a full conclusion rather then one that "could go either way" according to reports. If you can give OUAT advanced ending notice, do it for SHIELD too ABC.

Even with all the darkness we still had May and Coulson arguing like a couple and another suggestion for Piper's demise as quick gags.

To have Daisy that powerless to get her power back, it's a rare thing for a Whedon show heroine. And they fully committed to it too even once Fitz realized his mental breakdown. I'm loving all these early callbacks. I'd forgotten about the Hive spaceman so thought it was really odd Simmons was scared or astronauts at first.

So we know where Ivanov Head went and why they androids are so obvious now. Really looks like they couldn't get Dr. Hall back either.

Has Elena not just told anyone about her Future self saying Coulson should die? I get she's been through a trauma but if she wants back up and to break the loop that's the one clue they have so far.

Glad they didn't drag out the Deke reveal like Daisy's parents. Of course the vomit moment made me wonder if she's pregnant. Though in Robin's flashes it didn't seem so.

Not entirely sure how I feel about it being Hydra yet again. There's a higher alien angle now sure; but having them factor into every season can feel redundant. Although Angel did similar with W & H.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DanSlayer For This Useful Post:

Nebula1400 (29-03-18)

Thanks

Didn't see that plot twist coming. Now I feel kind of dumb for not seeing it.

Great episode!

Thanks

Wow. What an episode. I'm even more ticked about the possible cancel rumors floating around. I'm hoping for a 6th and final year to give it a full conclusion rather then one that "could go either way" according to reports. If you can give OUAT advanced ending notice, do it for SHIELD too ABC.

Even with all the darkness we still had May and Coulson arguing like a couple and another suggestion for Piper's demise as quick gags.

To have Daisy that powerless to get her power back, it's a rare thing for a Whedon show heroine. And they fully committed to it too even once Fitz realized his mental breakdown. I'm loving all these early callbacks. I'd forgotten about the Hive spaceman so thought it was really odd Simmons was scared or astronauts at first.

So we know where Ivanov Head went and why they androids are so obvious now. Really looks like they couldn't get Dr. Hall back either.

Has Elena not just told anyone about her Future self saying Coulson should die? I get she's been through a trauma but if she wants back up and to break the loop that's the one clue they have so far.

Glad they didn't drag out the Deke reveal like Daisy's parents. Of course the vomit moment made me wonder if she's pregnant. Though in Robin's flashes it didn't seem so.

Not entirely sure how I feel about it being Hydra yet again. There's a higher alien angle now sure; but having them factor into every season can feel redundant. Although Angel did similar with W & H.
    I loved all the Fitz stuff. No one can now say they aren't dealing with the consequences of the Framework. It makes perfect sense, as Fitz has not just been traumatized, he has a lifetime of memories as the Doctor, which feel as real as those from the real world. I loved that twist. It also creates conflict between the team, and Daisy, Fitz and Simmons will all have to deal with a lot of issues. I just hope Simmons finally starts being complex again and not written as nothing but boringly saintly and endlessly supportive as she has been this season - as if the writers have forgotten her previous characterization, and that she certainly has her own flaws and darkness. Her admitting she does see the practical value of the solution is a hopeful sign and reminds me of her characterization from previous seasons (unless we're just supposed to see this as her just saying it to make Fitz feel better).

On the other hand, I really disliked the "Hail Hydra" thing. It makes no sense. Especially when there's an alien supporting Hydra (what? why?). Are they even going to pretend that Hydra is an organization with any kind of ideology and consistent goal, rather than a fancy name they like to slap on whoever the Big Bad is each season?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeTravellingBunny For This Useful Post:

DanSlayer (25-03-18)

Thanks

I loved all the Fitz stuff. No one can now say they aren't dealing with the consequences of the Framework. It makes perfect sense, as Fitz has not just been traumatized, he has a lifetime of memories as the Doctor, which feel as real as those from the real world. I loved that twist. It also creates conflict between the team, and Daisy, Fitz and Simmons will all have to deal with a lot of issues. I just hope Simmons finally starts being complex again and not written as nothing but boringly saintly and endlessly supportive as she has been this season - as if the writers have forgotten her previous characterization, and that she certainly has her own flaws and darkness. Her admitting she does see the practical value of the solution is a hopeful sign and reminds me of her characterization from previous seasons (unless we're just supposed to see this as her just saying it to make Fitz feel better).

On the other hand, I really disliked the "Hail Hydra" thing. It makes no sense. Especially when there's an alien supporting Hydra (what? why?). Are they even going to pretend that Hydra is an organization with any kind of ideology and consistent goal, rather than a fancy name they like to slap on whoever the Big Bad is each season?
    Hydra is this show's Frieza more or less, recognizable with a heavy history tied to the protagonists but constantly brought into stories so it becomes noticeably repetitive; though the bells and whistles may be different each time. They already retconned Hydra's origin into an alien worshiping cult so it's not too big a stretch.

Thanks

Hydra is this show's Frieza more or less, recognizable with a heavy history tied to the protagonists but constantly brought into stories so it becomes noticeably repetitive; though the bells and whistles may be different each time. They already retconned Hydra's origin into an alien worshiping cult so it's not too big a stretch.
    I had to google "Frieza", and I still don't know what it is (something from Dragonball? Which I know nothing about.)

Actually, yes, it is a huge stretch. Hydra was previously retconed to be about worshiping Hive, a powerful Inhuman (not an alien actually - but a former human turned Inhuman by the Kree, and then exiled to a faraway planet after having led a rebellion against his Kree masters). The Kree being Hydra leaders makes zero sense - even if Hive weren't very dead, the Kree wouldn't be worshiping Hive or wanting him back. Hive and the Kree were mortal enemies!

Thanks

I had to google "Frieza", and I still don't know what it is (something from Dragonball? Which I know nothing about.)

Actually, yes, it is a huge stretch. Hydra was previously retconed to be about worshiping Hive, a powerful Inhuman (not an alien actually - but a former human turned Inhuman by the Kree, and then exiled to a faraway planet after having led a rebellion against his Kree masters). The Kree being Hydra leaders makes zero sense - even if Hive weren't very dead, the Kree wouldn't be worshiping Hive or wanting him back. Hive and the Kree were mortal enemies!
    I meant in the sense that's they've changed Hydra's purpose into something extraterrestrial. I agree it does seem out of place though.

Speaking of space, yeah Freiza is an intergalactic alien dictator that blew up the protagonist's planet just after he was born. They take him down in an arc of like 50 episodes. And than 20 years later in real time, he returns as the villian for a movie, where he's killed again. Than revive him again as an ally for the most recent arc of the new show; which ends with him saying this doesn't change anything, he still plans on being evil; though the good guys promise to stop him again if he tries anything; in the ending montage he gathers followers again.